Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: I know some by nirvana, REM, RHCP, and now working on Wish you were here by pink floyd and Sweet child o' mine by GnR... :crack: that song is hell to play!

:wink: I started playing again today, it was a bit hard but my finger seems to function!

:rockon: Playing SBS while the video is on TV... :lol: made me realise I had to play a bit faster, but yea it worked!

lol
...i havent been playing that long like 4-5 years...good enough to get on stage and play people get ready with U2 :D

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
lol
...i havent been playing that long like 4-5 years...good enough to get on stage and play people get ready with U2 :D

Me too,I still mess up and i`d still like to take more lessons...Have you see how some people play the fret board with both hands :ohmy:

flybabe said:

Me too,I still mess up and i`d still like to take more lessons...Have you see how some people play the fret board with both hands :ohmy:

are you talking about tapping?

Hey, Ill just slide in here whilst no-ones looking...:wink:

I got an Orange mini-amp a few days ago. Its damn loud for a battery amp, and ever so cute. :D

Oh, I may as well ask this here too, seeing as you're guitar peeps. Does anyone have a spare guitar neck? o_O

MooMoo! said:

Oh, I may as well ask this here too, seeing as you're guitar peeps. Does anyone have a spare guitar neck? o_O

ha no. unless i rip apart my old guitar.. i want to sell it, as soon as i fix it up.

oh, and seeing that this is the guitar girls thread, my gratuitous posting of my baby wont go astray :wink: :eek:

Image036.jpg

:drool:

:shifty: if we're postin' stuff then...

:drool: My new baby

basssmallks1.jpg

:wink: and yes, I know it sorta misses two strings... but hey, I decided I play both!

:drool: yea I am definately in love!
I had the choice of red black or blue... :lol: and Blue is my fave colour so yea, was an easy choice... :yes: we have the red one at my old highschool... :uhoh: well, had.. it's sorta broken now but it's being fixed atm :D

:drool: and it plays so smoooothly!

is yours a jazz or a precision bass?

mine is jazz. so...the two black thingies are further apart. (i think that's what differentiates them)

you're right about playability. it's very smooth. i've had mine since summer and i still love it. i have a feeling i'll be keeping this one for a long time, regardless of how advanced of a player i become.

i'll post a pic sometime this week. perhaps tonight if i finish up my hw :wink:

I thought the jazz had only one element :ohmy:

:drool: Mine is an affinity P, played an older version, I think that was the normal Pbass, and it was HEAVY :ohmy: srsly weighed at least a kilo more! but it played nicely, too bad one of the knobs came off :rolleyes: apparently they got loads of bad manufactured ones from that series... so I better not get it

:D yes post a pic please! I'd love to see it :love:

wow that's weird, a knob just coming off like that.

okay then! i'll post the pic when i get home. what can you play on bass so far?

i've found that bob marley songs are really fun to groove to on bass for a beginner such as myself. i never appreciated those basslines before.

:reject: not much... well, Mission impossible, WOWY, SBS, NYD, I still haven't found,... streets... Another one bites the dust from queen... :hmm: and the rest I"ve already forgotten :lol:
oh yea, a ltitle thing called The Entertainer... I know that on guitar and piano aswell, adn that's mostly to annoy the guy that now gives me basslessons :lol: he teaches music and this guy that plays piano practiced that song every break for weeks and mr teacher got sick of it, so the guy wasn't allowed to play it anymore.... :lol: so he taught me and I played it....

:wink: just a little hint, NEVER play that song when the guy you're teasing is drumming... he's got quite a good aim! :tongue: too bad I ducked!

Can one of you bass girls help?

I bought a brand-new Fender Jazz bass today. I've never had any problems in the past, but this one takes the cake. I brought it home, unpacked it from 20 tons of cardboard, tuned it, played around with the tab to Pink Floyd's "Money," then I decided to plug it into the amp and seriously make some noise. So I plugged it all in and turned up the volume knob on my bass and started playing notes. But nothing came out of the amp besides feedback and interference. :scream: No bass. So I'm wondering what sucks. The amp, the factory pickups, the cable or *ahem* the player :reject: . Anybody have any ideas?

More bass pics... :drool:
I should take a pic of mine... the only one I've got doesn't really show it clearly (friend of mine insisted on taking a pic while I was practising).

Ack Frankie... I've got no idea, sorry! :reject: I don't suppose you've got another guitar or something you could plug into the amp to see if the problem is with the amp or the bass?
And cables don't cost that much (I think?), so I guess you could get another one to rule that out... ?
My amp makes this irritating buzzing sound sometimes, but the bass still comes out... :shrug:

yeah i got a cable for like ten bucks

haha my old amp played country music out of it

:ohmy: you got a fender jazzbass franky! dang! nice!@

well, perhaps try the settings on the amp, did you turn up the volume knob there too?(like, not onlyt he guitar) and perhaps the tone knobs on the bass too.... I'm not too savvy on bass amps since I play on my guitar amp, so I'm not sure if I can help ou
otherwise, post a pic of the knobs on your amp and I'll see :) I'm used to working with them at school so who knows :D

Back
Top Bottom