Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
I'm playing mostly random songs... :love: but I practice from my U2:18 tab book too...
Man I want an Achtung Baby tab book!

I also want a U2 tab book :drool: right now I have none! heh
hmm maybe that would something good to wish for christmas :hmm:

:lol: I still have my first guitar... well, it's not really mine, but my dad got it from his grandpa and he never plays it.... so I claimed it and it's in my room now... :uhoh: Collecting dust ever since august cause I got my Strat then...

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
my guitar neck from my first guitar (piece of crap!) was actually falling off lol

My strings are too close to the fret board,and it is making it harder to play so i`m gonna have to get a new one,it might be a birthday present to myself soon:wink: I`d really like a Les Paul or a Rivera :drool:

^ mine were too far away from the fret board. really weird playing that.--my first one i mean.

I just figured out Trip Thru Your Wires! Dang, but that's a fun bassline :D :yippie:

The tab I had wasn't quite right... or it didn't sound right, anyway.
Let me know if you want me to post what I have...

I'm gonna try Angels by robbie next time I'm close to a bass...

:sigh: I'm really trying to learn to play now how B told me I should, but even on my guitar... I always played with just my thumb and I know it's wrong... but playing with my fingers feels so weird... where do you put your arm? and with what part of the fingers do you play? upstroke?downstroke? :confused:

Galeongirl said:
I'm gonna try Angels by robbie next time I'm close to a bass...

:sigh: I'm really trying to learn to play now how B told me I should, but even on my guitar... I always played with just my thumb and I know it's wrong... but playing with my fingers feels so weird... where do you put your arm? and with what part of the fingers do you play? upstroke?downstroke? :confused:

what? bono gave you advice?
im confused

:lol: sorry, no it's not Bono, it's another guy that most pgpers here know as B since I don't want to type out his name in case he googles it...

:hyper: he just emailed me back, I mailed him if he could explain how to use my fingers and such, and he said we'll go play bass sometime after christmas break!

:wink: he's a music teacher, so I figure he'll be able to teach me properly!

flybabe said:
I want to Play HMTMKMKM :evil: that would be awsomely hard tho,but i`ll give it a try :drool:

dude its so freakin easy! im actually going to post up a video of me playing soon. ill prob. include that one.

Thats cool, galeongirl. when you said B, i was like omggg BONO!?! lol
how long have u been playing guitar for?

Tabs are really easy!
lets take SBS for example..
for the intro:
Bm D G6 Bm D G6
e-----2--------2--------0--------0--------2--------2--------0--------0-----|
b---3---3----3---3----3---3----3---3----3---3----3---3----3---3----3---3---|
g-4-------2---------0-------0--------4---------2--------0-------0--------4-|
d--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
a--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
e--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
[/QUOTE}

the letters a e d g b e are obv the strings... and the tab is upside down, so if you put a tab down and put your guitar down next to it, the strings correspond with the lines...
the numbers, 2, 3, 4 and such mean the fret you put your finger on... the 0 is open string...
the Bm D G6 stuff are chords, but they don't matter when you play the lead riff..
and that's about it... yea you got all kinds of odd things in it but this is the basic I guess..
you play from left to right, so first the G4, then the B3, then the e2 and back up to B3, G2 etc etc...

Last edited:
flybabe said:

me neither,but i wouldn`t know how to read one :lmao::reject:

ohXD but it took a while for me to figure out how to read them haha, then it got very easy. The description Galeongirl gave shoulda help you out a bit :)

Idun said:

ohXD but it took a while for me to figure out how to read them haha, then it got very easy. The description Galeongirl gave shoulda help you out a bit :)

yep :D I play by ear so thats something i guess...

my neighbors probably really hate me im always blasting music and playing my guitar
:D

:scream: I can't play guitar now and it's driving me mad! damnit, why did I have to badly bruise my friggin LEFT hand :scream:

:wink: I don't give a damn I can't write right now... heh

are you playing basketball GaleonGirl?
I love basketball! Have played it for 8 years and I'm now also a coach :)
How long have you been playing?

Too bad you have hurt your hand, that sucks!

Anyway, over to the "real" subject. I also play the guitar... have never taken a lession in my whole life so I'm not THAT good at it :D

I'm actually playing Sweet Home Alabama now! Fun song to play

lol no, I play karate, but as warming up and cooling down we play basketball... but without dribbling... and I got a ball straight on my stretched finger...

I loved basketball as a kid, but I'm not really long enough :lol:

Ouch! That happens me sometimes too... hurts like hell but it use to get over sooner or later :wink:

Karate seems to hurt a lot more if you get hit ! :D

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
what other bands do you mostly play on guitar...besides U2
Not sure if this was directed at anyone in particular, so sorry if I'm butting in! :reject:

I think the only non-U2 songs that I know at the moment are one by INXS (Suicide Blonde), one by the Chili Peppers (Venice Queen - like I'd have any hope of playing any other of Flea's basslines!!), and Zombie by the Cranberries...

Oh, I had a go at an REM song once too... most of it was one or two notes :lol:

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
what other bands do you mostly play on guitar...besides U2

I`m trying to play 3`s and 7`s by QOTSA after i saw it on guitar hero 3 itself ,im just starting out with a few bars here and there but i love that song :heart:

Back
Top Bottom