For My Durannies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs Adam Clayton said:

I know! I couldn't wait any longer! I was going to eventually do my own, but I um... suck... and just wanted to show off Simon!:uhoh: :whistle:

I really hope I'm not going to get in trouble for it by the person who made it. I'm hoping it was specially made for you :slant:
:lol:
Yes, it was. But on a clay aiken forum. i dont think the claymates will come after you :lol:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

HAHA! That's so awesome. I wonder how long it's going to be before someone is going to say "ENOUGH ALREADY! THIS IS FOR U2 and not Duran Duran!"
Most likely today :lol:
I've been waiting for someone to kick us out of this thread since it has now turned into all D2 :mac:

Oh well :drool:

beli said:

Youre not a geek. I have the Sing Blue Silver video. And the book. I also have Arena video. And the making of the Arena video. And the other video with the X rated Girls on Film. etc blah lol
That is what I have, the Arena video. I don't care for it much. The whole sci-fi thing gets in the way.

U2ElevatesMe415 said:

I've been waiting for someone to kick us out of this thread since it has now turned into all D2 :mac:

Ok, here's something U2 related... Bono, Simon le Bon and Michael Hutchence (sp?) had what they called the lead singers club. They all had houses close to each other in France and would hang out together.

Lady Val said:

Ok, here's something U2 related... Bono, Simon le Bon and Michael Hutchence (sp?) had what they called the lead singers club. They all had houses close to each other in France and would hang out together.

I didn't realize that Simon and Bono were kind of close to each other! They always seemed like opposite ends of the spectrum. You know, U2 always having the same band members, always kind of having a certain relevance, as opposed to Duran Duran, who has changed out a few members in their time and plays happy music! And no, that was not a knock against Duran Duran :D

Just the other day I read Simon giving props to Bono in his plight for Africa and now this? Simon and Bono living close to each other? Where is this neighborhood and why didn't I move into Michael's house? :lol:

U2ElevatesMe415 said:

Yes, it was. But on a clay aiken forum. i dont think the claymates will come after you :lol:

NO WAY!!! Did I mention that Claymates are :censored: awesome for doing a Simon avatar instead of Clay? :up: :applaud:

How the heck did you manage that?

I knew Claymates rocked, even though they've had time to come up with a name for, ehm, you know what.... :rockon: :giggle:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

NO WAY!!! Did I mention that Claymates are :censored: awesome for doing a Simon avatar instead of Clay? :up: :applaud:

How the heck did you manage that?

I knew Claymates rocked, even though they've had time to come up with a name for, ehm, you know what.... :rockon: :giggle:
:laugh: :laugh:
I have no idea shes like "Who? Oh whatever, I love you Haley"
hah. Yeah I wish. They dont care, they're very nice!

LMAO!!Yes, they have quite alot of time on their hands! They have a forum for his best friend :eyebrow: But hey, I adore his best friend so I shouldnt be saying anything :lol: He signed my clay shoes...

oh yeah, did I mention I have the same pair of shoes clay does?
White Nike's, green nike sign, pink shoelaces..gray parts..they're awesome.
well not the ones he wore of course, another pair, & they cost 70 bucks to.

oh how my obsession has grown. :Lol:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
I hate you!!! :mad:

Kidding. You're obviously hard core if you have a username such as yours :p
:laugh: yeah, to be honest i consider dd my favourite band, even over U2 :yikes:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:
I think Sing Blue Silver is on DVD, no? I could have sworn I saw it at Barnes and Noble.

Does anyone know where to get Duran music videos? I have the Greatest DVD collection, but they left off a lot of good songs that have videos that I've never seen, such as Come Undone :)drool: ) and Serious.
sing blue silver, arena, and greatest are the three dvd releases available. as for videos not on there, send me an e-mail or pm and i can give you the hook up. :D i think i've pretty much got everything, including side projects.

Lady Val said:
May I ask which shows you're going to? I'm hitting St. Louis & KC. Originally on this leg I was going to the Ohio & TN shows as well, but considering I had already seen them 6 times this year, I had to take it down a notch or two this time. :sad:
i saw them in louisville in march and i'm also seeing them in nashville and memphis :drool:

mysticchild said:
That is what I have, the Arena video. I don't care for it much. The whole sci-fi thing gets in the way.
:yes: i much prefer the edited "as the lights go down," which is arena without all that stupid subplot crap.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:laugh: yeah, to be honest i consider dd my favourite band, even over U2 :yikes:

sing blue silver, arena, and greatest are the three dvd releases available. as for videos not on there, send me an e-mail or pm and i can give you the hook up. :D i think i've pretty much got everything, including side projects.

Wow! You are one dedicated D2 fan! They're a great band. I remember watching their videos on Pop-Up Video. Little did I know I'd eventually become a Duranie, to an extent!

I will most defintely try to get some videos off of you! As soon as I get home, I'll shoot off an email. I just am really looking for the mainstream ones right now. Thank you so much!! :heart: :happy:

:drool: :drool:
":laugh: yeah, to be honest i consider dd my favourite band, even over U2 :yikes:"
:lol: They're my 2nd, after u2 of course :drool: I think Duran Duran would not be D2 without Simon singing, because to be honest the bass and guitar isnt nearly as strong as U2's bass & guitar.
But still :drool:

U2ElevatesMe415 said:

:lol: They're my 2nd, after u2 of course :drool: I think Duran Duran would not be D2 without Simon singing, because to be honest the bass and guitar isnt nearly as strong as U2's bass & guitar.
But still :drool:

I second that! Simon is so gorgeous. Yummmm. He defines D2 for me. Nothing can touch that bass line to Rio though!

4101912101078.jpg

bonogwb.jpg

"Peace on earth" :giggle:
..More like heaven on earth :mac::drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

mayhaps you've not been listening to the right dd songs :wink:
I've heard ALOT of D2 songs, trust me.
I'm saying overall.

I have to turn the bass up in some D2 songs to hear it but with U2 i can hear adam without messing with the sound

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

Uh oh! Showdown between a Duranie and a U2ite!!! :ohmy:

I like them both. John Taylor is definitely growing on me.

Adam Clayton..:drool:

Okay enough of the brawl of bassist's .
Adam :drool: :heart: John :drool:

"give peace a chance!"
* waves lighter in air *

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:
in one week i get to see dd not once but twice :drool:

To play off KhanadaRhodes...

In two weeks I get to see DD not once but twice!!

My excitement level is building.

Back
Top Bottom