Finally! I'm Going To Ireland!!! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > PLEBAns
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 08:43 AM
The U2 store is called Rhythm Records. If you're walking past the liffey (Clarence side - another place to go, and the Octogen Bar inside) you can't miss it, it's just outside Temple Bar.
Also go to Hard Rock Cafe in Temple Bar - trabbies on the ceilling!
Yes definitely take the dart to Malahide and other places along the coast, both North and South of Dublin.
Kilmainham Gaol is interesting, I'd definitely go on the tour bus. Yes very touristy but you get a good quick overview of the city (the yellow buses are better as they have live commentry). Take a stroll round St Stephen's Green, shopping centre nearby. Lunch in Nude cafe, go down Grafton Street, cross the Liffey to O'Connell Street - loads of cool shops. Btw every other shop is an Irish gift shop O'Carrolls!! haha
Definitely spend the nights in Temple Bar area, loads of excellent eateries and pubs with Irish and live music in many.
I miss this city so much! Been there 11 times, I just love it.
Am going again in Jan *sigh*

Old 10-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #17
Acrobat

been there two times and it's a wonderful country with wonderful people everyone already suggested so many awesome things, hope you can make half of it at least in those 10 days.. if not, great excuse to go back, aye? that's always my excuse when I say I want to go back 'I haven't seen this and that yet!'

Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 PM   #18
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 11:43 PM
I agree you have to keep going back repeatedly to see it all! I loved Trinity College and strolling along the Liffey. There are so many shops and places to stop for a bite to eat or a beverage of choice.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #19
The Fly

Local Time: 04:43 AM
Vlasak, go check out your profile!
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:43 AM
This thread is bringing back so many great memories
Old 10-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

I always recommend the same place in Dublin: St Michan's church, Church Street.

Translink sometimes do special offers on the Enterprise - the train between Dublin and Belfast - and you can get a 10 pound day return. There are a lot of nice places to see in Belfast and you could easily do it in a day. Driving can be a bit of a nightmare because of traffic jams. If you are driving you might like to see Newgrange which is just outside Drogheda.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:43 AM

safe journey & lots of fun!
Old 10-29-2008, 08:50 AM   #23
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Speaking of Driving

any tips? My sister and I laugh at the thought! We are going to be on the wrong side of the car from what we're used to!

Thank you for all the great information! It just get's us more and more excited. We still have several months to go and if I continue to be this excited, I will be exhausted come April!

I put Google earth on my computer and am able to look, real-life, all over Ireland!
Old 10-29-2008, 09:07 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:43 AM
There's lovely place up in the mountains called Johnny Fox's. It's a typical Irish pub visited by lots of tourists and famous people. It's very cozy and the food is to die for. The Colcannon soup is lovely.

Also try to pay a little visit to Glendalough and Powerscourt down in Wicklow.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #25
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlasak View Post
April 19, 2009 - April 29, 2009!!! I have paid my deposit and I've peed my pants! I have waited over 12 years for this! My Ex - who thought I was an idiot for wanting to go - is paying for this trip!!!! (divorce settlement)!!!! My sister and I are meeting up in Newark, NJ on the 19th of April and flying to Dublin together. We will be on a "go as you please" package - 10 nights B&Bs and 11 days rental car. Here's the thing - since this is the vacation OF MY LIFE, I want to see everything U2 that there is to see. We also want to go to Limerick becuase we both read the book Angela's Ashes and want to see where the author grew up. PLEASE - fill my head with places to go, things to see, things to experience - stuff that only members here will know, not from guide books! We would LOVE to meet up with someone from here for a drink or dinner or whatever. Thanks, in advance, for all your suggestions!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zuropa_fit View Post
There's a guy named DaveyG on @U2 who is a huge fan, lives in Dublin and will give you a guided tour of U2's Dublin.

Limerick is really interesting - do the castle tour while you're there (King John's I think). Hope you're spending a day/night in Galway. I ADORED Galway. Also, spend a day driving the Ring of Kerry. Totally worth the day's drive and the gas. My other favorite thing there was the day we rented bikes on Inishmaan (ferry leaving from just north of Galway). X 10000

Have a great time!
Hi!! How's it going? The U2 Walking Tours Of U2's Dublin Tourguide! Drop me a line if you're interested in a walking tour - u2tours@gmail.com
Old 02-18-2009, 11:42 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In Larry Land...Mr. Mullen has dragged me over to the dark side. Who knew this place was made of hardwood floors :P
Local Time: 03:43 AM
Congrats! I'm so jealous...I've wanted to go to Ireland for soooo long! I'm planning a trip over the next few years cuz I'll finally have the money
I hope you have the trip of a lifetime
Old 02-18-2009, 11:57 AM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:43 AM
Have fun!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 PM   #28
War Child

Local Time: 05:43 AM
hav fun omg is amazing
Old 02-19-2009, 08:25 AM   #29
War Child

Local Time: 07:43 AM
Congrats, have a great time!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:48 AM   #30
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:43 AM
Today, I am FIVE WEEKS away from getting on a plane here in Austin and landing in Dublin! My sister and I can hardly maintain dignity! We have all sorts of plans! Our accomodations have been paid for, we have our plane tickets and our passports! WE ARE TAKING OFF!!!

What do you think - U2's tour won't start until June 30th. Although they are all over the glove promoting right now, what are the odds I will catch sight of them while I'm there?