Dealing with the loss of a friend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonogirl777

Blue Crack Addict
At Tim Horton's with Kristen and Val talking about
At the moment, I'm greiving the loss of my dear friend Katie. She was a senior at my school. I met her last year in my piano lab class. She was a junior at the time and I, a freshman. She always had such a bright and cheery smile on her face. Her attitude towards things was fantastic! Talking about driver's ed, she told me her 35 required driving hours were up like *snap* THAT! I know that's random, but really, that whole day was hilarious and will always be in my memories.

She was my role model. She was definitely what I wanted to be when I graduated high school. I looked up to her so damn much. She was so pretty too. We always talked about going to the mall and going to Forever 21. And how their floors are sparkly. :giggle:

This year, I especially feel regret because I didn't talk to her as much as I would have liked. I passed her in the halls but that was about it. And no matter what, our nicknames for each other remained the same. "Junior" for her, and "Freshman" for me. Doesn't matter if she's now a senior or I'm a sophomore now. It stuck.

But please, if you can, pray for her dad. I didn't find this out until yesterday, but her mother had passed away this past September. Her poor father. I will be praying for him every night now. This must be so tough.
There will be calling hours at the service they're holding this Friday so I'll be going to that to pay my last respects.

What a beautiful soul and spirit this girl had. It was unbelieveable. It just radiated from her.

The extremely sad part is, she literally just turned 18 the day before she passed. I can't get over that part.

Although all of this saddens me, I know that she may not live here on this Earth anymore, but she definitely will live in the thoughts, memories, and words of all the people who got the great oppertunity to meet her.

Rest In Peace Katie. You'll be greatly missed. :heart:

Oh that's so tragic and sad. I cannot even imagine what her dad must feel like right now. I'm sad for your loss as well. I keep you and her dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you everybody. :hug: :hug: :hug: I've had a tough time these past two days. Today being Thanksgiving and all. But it makes me think what I'm really thankful for, I guess. Cherish your friends and family. Life, unfortunately, throws some curveballs.

I'm going to her wake tomorrow to pay my last respects. I think that this will be tough. :sigh: I'll get through it though. :) Thanks again, everybody, for your thoughts and prayers. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: I am so saddened to hear this news, Liz. I lost a dear girlfriend in high school, we were both sophomores. It was the first death experience for me as far as someone close to me. I've missed her ever since. The experience really affected me. Live in her memory, and pray for her father to gather the strength to carry on. That's got to be horribly sad to have lost 2 family members in just a few short months for the poor man.

:hug:

Update:

Well, the wake was tough for me. Seeing every person there crying their eyes out and just the sadness of it all kinda hit me. My best friend came with me for support even though she didn't really know Katie that well. Plus, both of my parents came and almost everyone there, I knew from school. It ended up being open casket which I didn't expect because I didn't know what had actually happened to her in the accident.

My friend slept over night and I had my mind kept off of the wake for the whole night until we actually went to sleep. I tried to sleep but just couldn't stop thinking about what I had seen the night before. So I distracted myself by going to the computer (finally getting to bed about 2 hours later).

I mean, my mom said that Katie looked beautiful and exactly like an angel and I agreed but...I just didn't deal with it very well. It makes me kind of uncomfortable, the open casket thing. It gave me closure, y'know, seeing her for the very last time I guess. But then afterwards I was just kinda haunted by the image. Had a few sleepless nights.

But, I'm dealing with it much better now. I can finally move on, a bit. I know that she's at peace and she'll always be watching over us, I think. :)

Oh Im so sorry to read this! The weird thing is the day you posted this, I was at a funeral, so I know what you were going through losing someone during the holidays. Unexpected things like this ,especially during a year where many exciting things have happened, can really pull the rug from under you. I actually stayed away from
this site for several weeks. Just to gather myself. If you need to talk about anything, I'm here. My prayers are going out to you and her loved ones.

It's been 2 months, 3 days and I still miss her so much. :(

Me and my parents went to the movies a couple weeks ago and forgot where the accident happened. We ended up going past that intersection. My mom tried not to be awkward about it but kinda goofed up. She's like, "Well, that's where it was. I don't really see how you could not see anyone in the other lane." and I instantly got angry and yelled, "Why does it matter, she's dead." Then it was silent for a while. I totally broke down into tears in the backseat.

Most days are ok and I can smile when I think of her but then there are just some days where it all just comes back to me. I still can't totally wrap my head around the fact that she's gone and she won't graduate.

:sad:

:hug: 777 :hug:

don't feel bad about reacting strongly..
...it's ONLY been 2 months, and to have one die in your age bracket is usually extra shocking .

I'm missing my sis's and mine mutual friend who died in Sept 09. ANd my mom (5/09).

So I get all weepy & angry from time to time .......

sorry your mom said what she said, too. :hug:

I'm so sorry! It's really, really hard when someone from school passes away. A guy in my class died right after Thanksgiving during senior year. I didn't know him that well, but he was well-liked by almost everyone; the whole school was utterly silent the next morning after his accident. That is something I will never forget.

:hug:

Well, it's been 4 months now. I had a dream about her the other night. In the dream, I was driving alone (and I don't even have my license yet!) and I kind of had a flashback back to piano lab where we first met. We were all laughing and having a good time like we used to. She started playing piano and we all just watched and listened. I came back to myself in the car and found I was crying really hard. Just about bawling.

I have a better time of dealing with it at this point but I still think of her every day. Especially now in the Spring time because the sunlight somehow reminds me of her and her beautiful smile.

Well, it's been 4 months now. I had a dream about her the other night. In the dream, I was driving alone (and I don't even have my license yet!) and I kind of had a flashback back to piano lab where we first met. We were all laughing and having a good time like we used to. She started playing piano and we all just watched and listened. I came back to myself in the car and found I was crying really hard. Just about bawling.

Awwwww :hug: (both to this and the story involving your mother).

Man. I am so sorry-her poor father, I can't imagine... And your friend, far, far too young to go. It's just not right. But maybe this dream, hard as it was, was a reminder that she's all right now. It was a good memory that showed up in your dream, so I'd say that counts for something. Rest assured you and her father are in my thoughts nonetheless.

:hug: to others here who've shared stories of loss, too.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom