DAZZ-EYE Surgery! 11-11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dazz, sweetie we are all with you in spirit! You will come through this with flying colors like I know only you can. Your a strong lady whose always been a light in my life. I know this period will be no different. Take all the time you need to heal and know that we will be thinking of you. :hug::love::heart:

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to ask some friends of mine to be praying for you as well. So expect prayers and good thoughts coming your way from the world over. :heart:

Thinking of You Dazz :wave:

Your supportive mails when my mum died recently where just :heart: Times like this we could both do with our mum's ay! :sad:

Good Luck :hug:

:shifty: :shifty:

WOW! I'm lucky I got here now, before possibly not being able to post because of Vbulletin Upgrade tonight!
:giggle:

:wave::heart: :) :heart::wave:

Dear Peeps.......
< Insert photo yellow chick peeps {here} >: D

{{{BIG HUGS}}}
.... to you all for your good thoughts & prayers, & dancing !!!!!

I am still mending, and doing well........
*** ***THANKS TO*** you all, my Doctor/Surgeon & Surgery Team, Family & Friends, Acquaintences, lots of other healers prayers/work, and such Homeopathic Remedies as Arnica Montana 30 & Bach's Rescue Remedy, generally Good Health {part genes, part my own efforts, & ***Luck*** } and any other person, or thing I've :uhoh: forgotten!!!

What an effing scary thing to go through!
And while NOT LIFE-THREATENING, it was my real first surgery, and of all things just about any body would probably be extra scared of because it would be Life-CHANGING : being an Artist.....eeeyyyiiieeeee!

As much a big part of me wanted to go running away veeeerrrryyy far from the Surgery Pre-Op Room, and out-the-door - no matter being in hospital gowns & treaded walk socks --
I knew I had to go through with this or lose the sight in my right eye wit-in X hours, or days.

I know the calmness of my doctor, the very nice surgery team, and every one sending their good stuff to me, and managing to work up some courage from my own self got me in there.

I don't think this is the most common form of retina surgery..... in stead of what I thought would happen as I've heard from other people -- having to keep head striaght ahead for x days (like a week plus) -- I had to for the first week keep my head down chin on chest for 90% of the time! Very frustrating at times, but doable!

The other restrictions were probably like the commonner surgery, NO bending from the waist exercise, driving, lifting, pulling pushing medium to very heavy things.

I'mm back here again ( after seeing him this past Weds because I can now keep my head up straight 50% of my waking time - how ever I choose to divide it up, and be back on the :love: Art 'Puter

#WARNING# creepy, graphic medical description AHEAD !

The different treatment part is - educated guess- unlike a detaching/detached retina that a part(s) peel off like a bad paint, or wallpaper job> where they'd basically use only the laser, I think I had a tiny tear that eye fluid seeped into behind the retina, slowly bulging out disorting my vision bit by bit.

So they added inn a Gas Bubble- yes, you read right...a gas bubble - I bielve it helps to keep the retina back in place along with what ever laser lighwork t they used as well.

Right now it's about half gone. I feel like I'm looking through a totally round "fishbowl" half filled with liquid!!! Yes- it sloshes around like water would if you shook the "fishbowl" Right now I can just see above it some> All of it should be gone within the next week or two.
// END of Medical Creepy stuff :wink:

I should be able to be fitted for a contact ?? somewhere before/around Chrsitmas/Haunukha/Kwenza/Winter Solstice etc or new Year's.

I didn't even quite realize-at first- that this is what might have been happening.... the symptoms were not all the same in the first three days. SO ididn't even put it together as the same thing. From my first posts I was SO hoping it was Extreme Ultra-Weird Eyestrain.

I had quite moderate to mild pain for only 2 days. The eyelid just gets sore here & there.. I have drops to take.

So please continue to some more good stuff at a MUCH LESS Urgent level.
***THANKS!!!!!***

I don't have time to read though an y new problems people are having so BIG :pray: for any of you going through bad stuff/times etc. HUGS!

Wow! Glad you came out the other side in one piece, Dazz! And looks like things are healing up, so that's awesome. I shall continue the healing vibes going out your way, and every wish for a full and speedy recovery!

:hug: :hug:

:applaud: I just scanned the thread but it seems the surgical procedure was a success and you are on the mend? I hope so! I'll keep sending positive get well vibes and keep you in my prayers tho! :hug:

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things went okay. Recovery sounds no fun but worth it if it means good eyesight for years to come. Hang in there and follow dr's orders :hug:

Still sending positive vibes your way, no worries!

:heart:***THANKS Interlanders!***:heart:

Oh YEAH, ....VP!
I am about 92% - 98% compliant with the things I either should, or should NOT be doing! :yes:
The things I'm seriously NOT supposed to be doing like- exercising, lifting up heavy things etc I'm 100% compliant!

I've been off a couple of hours 2x's w my eye drops, but now I'm back on track. Keeping my head in the proper position, I've been very good to excellent.

The hardest thing is NOT scratching my eye - in a forgetful/ semi-conscious/habitual way when - when it iches! ACK!
So far the onlty think I've done is rarely start to brush lightly again my eyelashes and then the warning kicks in HEAVILY- so I haven't gotten any farther than that, on those rare occasions. thanks goodness!

TODAY'S appointment went well !

The doctor said the retina's looking great, and that the cornea is healing nicely!

VIRTUAL :happy::dance::dance: :happy:

not allowed to do real exerceise yet....... (in about 4 - 6 <+ or - > weeks).
I should do some tai chi, that's gentle enough ! :yes:

The gas bubble {protecting retina <helps to keep attached while healing>} slowly continues to diminish (as projected). It "seems" to BE going slower- but i gave a guess, and i was right: the reduction is passing by the most volumous part of the eye (middle) 53% - 46%, so that's why. Once it get's down around 40% & below it will "speed up" again. :nerd: :D

I can really begin to see things above my straight to horizon line-of-sight. Still it's way less blurry than the extra blurriness the cataract had increased. Ex: Signnage & store awnings. Tall buildings. People's heads when they sit taller than me in train/bus chairs. Paintings higher up on the wall. Upper parts of trees, etc.

Stuff looks blurry, but i was always quite near-sighted, so that's not a surprise. So far from comparing the (other very near-sighted) Left Eye (20/300 WO glasses)- this one seems to be somewhere between :hmm: 20/240 - 20/180 WO glasses- and they'll be a corrective contact for it once I'm all healed up. :)

Big ***THANKS:heart:GIVINGS*** to all who have helped me!

thznks ali! :hug:

a litle more explaining (TMI :giggle:)
My doctor is very happy with my recovery. He says the retina looks great, and the cornea is healing nicely.

I am still quite near-sghted (born that way) but with the cataract gone I am able to see much better. It was driving the right eye down to like ? 20/800.THAT eye used to be 20/200, And w eye glasses 20/20.

MY left eye had become the better one at 20/400- it was up to 20/40 w glasses, and before this all happend 20/300 to 20/30 w glasses.

It seems, and some people told my sis that I might actually see beter than BEFORE the cataract because sometimes very near-sighted peole become less near-sighted later on in life.

Right now I can see w about ? 3/5th top part of my vision as the gas bubble dissapates. I'm now on the last 2/5ths and that should go faster again because it's a smaller amount of volume in that part of my eye.
I'm even seeing more than I did on Weds!
Going between one eye & the other (closing one at a time) With OUT the glasses it DOES seem that the right one is now stronger (still quite near-sighted). I am comparing big lighted signs across the street, and across the subway seats above the oposite ones.
I am seeing some double images, but i know at least some of it is the reflection!

#warning EXTRA WEIRD stuff#

OK the cornea is the clear little domed material that situated at the center front of eye from which the iris ( the colored part) sits behind it, and the lens sits behind the iris.

Normally we are not awre of our conea excpet for people puting in/taking out contact lens...
but this part is weirder b/c the "line" of demarkation where the gas buble, and eye fluid meet (and "slosh around" as I move) is continuing to drop further down as I look out. It's geting curvier, as it conforms to the lower smaller radius of the cornea.

I am ? :scratch: i think- sometimes I'm getting reflections from the brightest parts of the image I see through the gas bubble up onto the inner part of the curved cornea.
:der:

Eve if you do have contact lens - you (as far I as I know) don't experience your inner conera.
wild stuff! But a normal part of this procedure. :nerd: :giggle:

I'll see him on weds again.

:wave: :wave: :)

saw my doctor again.
Says things are continuing to go great with my retina. And front of eye is healing well, too.:happy::happy:
See him in 2 wks instead of weekly.

I noted & asked about the mild soreness in the right front part of the eye/edge of the lids more so towards later/end of day.

"The sutures are dissolving" I nodded calmly OK.....

But inside I went.... 'SUTURES??!!??' :huh::yikes::crazy:.......

... while the 'other part' of me answered my inner reaction with... ' you think they used superglue? Of course, there were sutures/ stitches!!:rolleyes:

:lol:

My sis tends not to want to know all the medical procedural details - for her procedures or anyone else's. With our parents- since I'm the science half-geek, :nerd: I usually handle the scarier medical/surgery info aspects from the doctor, and relaying it to her, others etc.

But even I had to put out of my mind the idea of my eye surgery details, which is why I never got the cataract surgery in the first place.
>insert :abjectterror: 'smilie' here<

It's only because I had the retina problem that I had to force myself to have the surgery period, in the first place.
The cataract had not become painful (when it's 'overripe' they call it) - which was probably the only way I would have had the surgery without the retina problem.

There are some weird things still happening, but it's part of the process so - sometimes annoying but defiantley tolerable .

Glad your ok. :hug::hug: I have really bad eyesight and want Lasiks so bad. I wear contacts and I had an eye infection a few years ago and it was so painful. I couldn't open my one eye for 2 days, so I kinda know how you feel.

I MAYBE having TROUBLE/ Please up the prayers/good vibes

aaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
:ohmy: :scream: :(

Sat night (fell asleep sitting up on couch) , yesterday, and waking up I seem to have a similar but more "bumpy" looking "black" dark shape at the top of my vision that seems to disappear after a blink or two.

Then yesterday (Sun) I started seeing a fast zipping line of light(path) going from say between the 11'oclock & noon to the 4 PM 'clock postions' used for view from eye looking out......

it is not following the dark shape which is what happened the first time... so I'm :huh:
I've been ignoring stuff he told me I might see as a result as I healed up....... but it seems close enough to the previous symptoms...

I called my doctor's assistant at the office I go to, got in touch with the other office he's at. SO i'll see him this Weds 2PMish as he'll squeeze me in between all booked up appointments........

My freind thought maybe it's not healed up enough yet at the original site, and now that the gas bubble is shrunk to ? 15% it's can't hold it in place. Gods, I hope not!

I know I have not complied completely just because I'd forget under certain circumstances, but as soon I as I started to do something I almost stopped immediately, and didn't continue with the action, most of those times it was on the mild-moderate type. Was able to avoid the major or worse actions. I was compliant most of the time 90% - 96%.

SO i don't think i did anything wrong.

***THANKS IN ADVANCE!***

...... :hug::heart::hug: ........

That's good that the doctor's going to fit you in. I would be so scared if thiswas happening to me, because my eyesight is so bad, I'll be afraid that I'm going blind.

Aww dazz, don;t beat yourself up by thinking it's something you may hace done wring or not done. Be patient with your healing but I think you did the right thing calling the eye Dr. :up: I will be thinking of you on your appt day and hope it is something natural or something that has a simple explanation! :hug:

I think most doctors know their patients can't or won't do everything absolutely 100% like they tell them, for whatever reason, and they probably account for that... I dunno. But don't stress too much! I hope everything comes good. :hug:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

:hug:S all!

I'm OK!!!!!

too tired to dance around the room.....:yawn:
but I am inside!

He said - cause i showed him a drawing of what i was seeing that
1) the retina looks totally attached.
2) because it is still healing I could be seeing "ghost images" from the retina as it continues to heal it's sending "output" as it goes through the process without it doing anything physically that it shouldn't be doing (tearing) that might make that kind of imagedry as well - it was only becAUSE it was mimicking alot of what I saw the first time when it was going bad.

BIG "PHEW"!!!

HAPPY SIGH!

But he was glad that I made the appt anyway. He didn't want me to be that uncomfortable. And i hadn't been bugging his office about every little thing I was seeming. I asked about stuff when I was there, and he gave me rundowns on the kind of things I would/might be seeing that I could ignore ie: "Normal Weirdness" of the whole procedure and after care/ healing.

aaawwww :hug: laura.... what is the matter with your eyes?
...I've always had quite bad nearsightedness. 20/400 LE & 20/200 RE - without glasses. My mom took me to be checked when i was 2 yrs old! I don't remember ever NOT having eyeglasses! But since I could have been blind (premature ?6 wks) -- nearsightness is WAY BETTER!!!!! :yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom