Any ticket-buying advice to share?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rachel D.

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm planning to buy tickets for the Norman, OK show on Wednesday and I've never done this before. I want to get GA tickets, but I've never had GA tickets at a concert. Does anyone have any warnings or advice to share concerning buying tickets or doing the GA thing? I'm posting this in PLEBA because I want advice from other PLEBAns, since most of us here are girls and are generally not rude like in other places.

Honestly, I'm really nervous about the whole thing, because I'm inviting a friend to go with me (and maybe my brother, too) and I don't want it to turn out as a really bad experience. Also, it's something I've wanted to do for years and I'm worried that I won't be able to get tickets at all. (I'm good at worrying; can you tell?!) I've already invested $50 in a U2.com membership so I can be in the presale, which makes me feel a little better about the whole thing.

So... Does anyone have any advice? Is there any reason why I should avoid GA? Is buying U2 tickets really that hard?

Thanks! :hug: I'm going to go sit in a corner and bite my nails now... :wink:

Buying tickets is probably the most stressful part of GA. I think if you're in the pre-sale at all you shouldn't have any trouble. If you can log into TM before hand and put in your credit card info and everything like that, you should be fine. And getting in right at 10am or whenever your particular sale starts is beneficial.

As far as the GA experience is concerned, there's actually a really nice / funny GA advice thread in the tour sub-forum.

Good luck!

Buying tickets is probably the most stressful part of GA. I think if you're in the pre-sale at all you shouldn't have any trouble. If you can log into TM before hand and put in your credit card info and everything like that, you should be fine. And getting in right at 10am or whenever your particular sale starts is beneficial.

As far as the GA experience is concerned, there's actually a really nice / funny GA advice thread in the tour sub-forum.

Good luck!

Thanks! :wave:

I'll have to go check out the tour forum, also. It would be helpful, too, if people who go to the shows can tell what it's like for this tour (which I'm sure people will do, anyway, once the tour starts).

I created a Ticketmaster account over the weekend, which was my other task besides joining U2.com. And I'm going to have to skip part of a class on Wednesday to get tickets right at 5:00. :yikes:

You're so funny Zooey! I lied at work last Tour during pre sale so I could leave work for an hour or so to be here to do my mad ticket buying uninterrupted then went back to work. It worked and I was happy. This time I'm unemployed and studying an online course at home so shouldn't be a problem. I'm staying up all night so I don't sleep through it though. Good luck to all!! :up:

Back
Top Bottom