2012 Holiday Card Exchange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have to skip this year :sad: Just got a fucking huge ass expensive bill from college (even though I'm graduated)
and I can't afford to send international mail atm. And I don't know going to make it to pay the bill back intime for the card exchange.
I hope I can join next year. I loved making cards for everyone.

Pissed off atm.

Don't feel so bad...I can't afford the postage for international mail either :hug:

Haven't received your name and address. Did you email it or PM? My email is Outtacontrol56@yahoo.com

We will miss you this year, domo kun, so sorry to hear of the poor timing of the school bill. Those things never arrive at an appropriate time, do they?
They dont! I never had such a huge bill so I was very upset that day.
Sorry for the commotion. I hope you guys post some pics of the cards you recieve. I;ll just make a digital one and post it in the thread here, so I can at least share some holiday spirit with you all!!

Don't feel so bad...I can't afford the postage for international mail either :hug:
Thanks Weldo :hug: Sounds stupid but I'm glad I'm not the only one,
becuase it feels stupid. Better times for you!
Maybe you can post a digital one too, even its just a simple one, then we still have participated internationally :cute:

Thanks Weldo :hug: Sounds stupid but I'm glad I'm not the only one,
becuase it feels stupid. Better times for you!
Maybe you can post a digital one too, even its just a simple one, then we still have participated internationally :cute:

You're welcome Domo :hug:

How about I'll give you my email and we can exchange e-cards instead of a regular card. Alright with you?

Yes ! Thats fine with me :) I just cleaned up my PM box so I can recieve messages again .

Mr. Blu just called me at work a little while ago to let me know my Shutterfly package has arrived. :hyper: Wait, whut??? - It's not even December & I've already designed, ordered, paid for & received my Interference Christmas cards??? :shocked: I better get them in the mail quickly, 'cuz apparently the Mayans were right!! :lmao:

Here's an excellent Holiday idea. When filling out your Christmas or Holiday cards this year, take a card and send to this address: A Recovering American Soldier, C/0 Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20307-5001. Pass this on and think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

OK gang, I've finished the calculating and will be emailing the lists probably tomorrow. AND....I got my first Christmas card in the mail today!!! :love: It's official! The season is ON!

Here's an excellent Holiday idea. When filling out your Christmas or Holiday cards this year, take a card and send to this address: A Recovering American Soldier, C/0 Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, NW, Washington DC 20307-5001. Pass this on and think of how many cards these wonderful special people who have sacrificed so much would get.

The sentiment is nice, but the only that happens when you mail something to that address is that it'll come back in three or four weeks.

snopes.com: Holiday Mail for Heroes

The new address is in there. Can't copy it for some reason.

The sentiment is nice, but the only that happens when you mail something to that address is that it'll come back in three or four weeks.

snopes.com: Holiday Mail for Heroes

The new address is in there. Can't copy it for some reason.

It's weird that it won't let you copy the address. Here it is.
Holiday Mail for Heroes
PO Box 5456
Capitol Heights, MD 20791-5456

Thanks for posting the Snopes info and the correct address. I feel :reject: for having passed along that info without checking it out properly. Sorry about that. I'm still going to send a card.

Anyway, thought I'd let you all know I've begun sending the address listings out-just sent the first of many emails. Please confirm to me that you receive your list and let me know if you have any questions. I hope I hope I hope there are no mistakes! :doh:

Good luck and have fun!

Woot! Got my list and we're getting our first bit of rainy weather. It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas. :D

All the emails have been sent out. Only one email was returned and that was to cerveza so if anyone knows her please let her know I tried to email but ended up sending a PM here on the craic.

Now let's commence with holiday card madness and surprises!!!

:heart:

Wow, I've heard back so quickly from so many of you. Thank you for confirming you have received your lists. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas here! I'm doing some holiday baking today so the house smells sooooo good! Later I will start on my cards!

Happy December!!!

I've been out of town since last Thursday, but I did get my list in my e-mail. Thanks! Even though the past week has been very hectic (had to go to Virginia for my aunt's funeral :sad:) and the weather has been very warm, getting my list and then watching "Polar Express" on TV tonight has helped me start to get into the spirit. We may even get a little snow next week. I love this time of year! :love:

Back
Top Bottom