Updates from Wayne's Dublin Trip regarding U2:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Man rear-ended by Bono" is NOT the sort of headline I want to create. That makes a major lifestyle statement!

Welcome Booms07-
Gosh, this "eyes around the world" in search of our man (and the others, too!!) is so awesome.:wink: :hi5:
The pleban network can do anything.....mwa ha ha:yes:

Booms07 said:
Yeah, I presumed it was his car alright. I'd seen pics of him in one before. It's an odd situation to be in when you look in your rear view mirror and say to yourself "There's Bono!" I presume he was in it anyway. Ali drives an old white VW Golf I think.

So what does Bono's car look like? Can anyone post a picture of something similar? Is his car black?
I just want to know what I might be looking for if I happen to come across him...... :hyper: :hyper:

Check out the maserati website. The car is a Quatroporte. I Think it's brown or grey.

Wayne might try the Horse Shoe Bar in the Shelbourne Hotel on St. Stephen's Green. I met B there about two years ago. I was with a friend of mine who used to mind B & A's kids about 10 years ago so that's how I got the introduction. We were talking (I say 'We' - they were talking I was just staring). Eventually I asked him would he like a drink; he put his hand on my shoulder and said "No thanks, 'Son' ". I think it is safe to presume that I am now to be considered his long lost son. I think it may also be safe to presume that I am insane!

Booms07 said:
Yeah, I presumed it was his car alright. I'd seen pics of him in one before. It's an odd situation to be in when you look in your rear view mirror and say to yourself "There's Bono!" I presume he was in it anyway. Ali drives an old white VW Golf I think.

Wasn´t that white VW put up for auction at some charity event a couple of years ago? Maybe I'm mistaking it for some other car. Anyway, that car should be pretty old by now because I remember reading an interview from 2000 and it stated that it was a 1991 VW, so that would make the car 16 years old.

Last edited:
Booms07 said:
Check out the maserati website. The car is a Quatroporte. I Think it's brown or grey.

Wayne might try the Horse Shoe Bar in the Shelbourne Hotel on St. Stephen's Green. I met B there about two years ago. I was with a friend of mine who used to mind B & A's kids about 10 years ago so that's how I got the introduction. We were talking (I say 'We' - they were talking I was just staring). Eventually I asked him would he like a drink; he put his hand on my shoulder and said "No thanks, 'Son' ". I think it is safe to presume that I am now to be considered his long lost son. I think it may also be safe to presume that I am insane!

Wow, that's a great story, thank you for sharing! Great for your friend and great for you to have that friend.

I would have asked Bono if he would invite ME for a drink.

:wink:

THIS JUST IN:

HE.........MET...........THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, he met Bono and Adam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Details coming soon!

I don't konw who any of these people are (since I"m new here) but heck, I'm excited for them! That's awesome. I guess it pays to be persistent. AND I'm glad to hear they're in the studio WORKING!!!

Wow, and it's only Wayne's second day in Dublin. This is such great news, I am so happy for him! But I had a feeling that he'd meet the guys! Babydoll please keep us updated, this is just so exciting! :hyper:

I'm on the phone with him now, and he says Bono is so very friendly and attentive. He asked him to take a pic with him, and Bono said "Better take two in case the first didn't turn out right!"

:lol:

Adam is also friendly, very nice and posed for pics and signed autographs.

Wayne is still waiting outside near Bono's car to get me my autograph! :D

:hyper:

Awwww, how sweet of them. I hope Wayne will be able to get you Bono's autograph. Or maybe he'll hand the phone over so you can talk to him!

OMG He met Bono and Adam yay!!! Tell him I said congrats, I'm so excited for him! Any Edge sightings?

Comet: "Nope, no Edge sightings, but Bono and Adam made up for Larry being a jerk and Edge left early, apparently in a bad mood according to Bono."

:D

Babydoll said:
I'm on the phone with him now, and he says Bono is so very friendly and attentive. He asked him to take a pic with him, and Bono said "Better take two in case the first didn't turn out right!"

:lol:

Adam is also friendly, very nice and posed for pics and signed autographs.

Wayne is still waiting outside near Bono's car to get me my autograph! :D

:hyper:

:camera:

Hope they turn out.
Looking forward to seeing them.

Babydoll said:
Update:

Larry is a jerk to his fans. :|

Guess he just doesn't wanna be bothered.

Babydoll said:
Edge left early, apparently in a bad mood according to Bono."

Awh...

Perhaps some work (aka guitar playing) frustration

:hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom