Montauk, NY - band member sighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are u talking about this?

25790844.jpg

Yes! We can see the island from here :up:

The island is "hollow" and we can see small windows IN the rock, that's incredible.

I thought the rule here was that if you saw a band member, mention it, but respect their privacy enough not to mention where or whom.

Didn't mean to be a tease - enough time has passed to show my cards I guess.

It was nice to see Larry enjoying the restaurant with his family. As he does own a house about 2.5/3 hours away it is not too much of a shock for him to be there, but it was pretty cool to see him chill out with the family.

HA called it! :D

I don't think there's a rule that you can't say who they are, it's not like they'll still be in that same restaurant now..

I think the only rule around here when it comes to naming people or places is to not discuss the hotels where they stay on tour.

Cool to have a random sighting like that!

I'm wondering why we need to know the exact whereabouts of their homes?

It freaks me out a bit.

Well, if something is "out there" as public knowledge and you (a rabid U2 fan per-se) were the last to know about it, wouldn't that upset you just as much?

I don't see anything wrong with sharing with U2 fans anything U2 related that is accessible to anyone looking. Homes or sightings or whatever. If you've hired a private detective and are blabbing all the intel they are collecting, well, that may be another argument altogether :lol:

They all go out comfortably in public. And I believe it's not the loyal respectable U2 fans we need to worry about bothering them anyway- it's the celebrity seekers who don't care about anyone but themselves and a valuable autograph that kill the happily enjoyable sightings for the rest of us.

Also, even if someone broke the "understood" rule, I think they are big boys with big pockets and big means of keeping themselves protected as they wish. I have seen this implemented in person even when there was nobody gathered to care of their comings and goings.

BTW, Ouise- if you feel like sharing any more details or excitement of your night out, my messaging and email are here to listen... :sexywink:

Is posting on the web the exact whereabouts of an individual's private home appropriate? It's not the average fan I'm concerned about to tell you the truth.
I just don't think we ought to be that comfortable with their private life.

Well, if something is "out there" as public knowledge and you (a rabid U2 fan per-se) were the last to know about it, wouldn't that upset you just as much?

:laugh: Wait what?

Why on earth would that upset anyone with half a brain? What importance does that make to anyone's life here?

:laugh: Wait what?

Why on earth would that upset anyone with half a brain? What importance does that make to anyone's life here?

LOL
I am not here to judge others about what and how information impacts their lives... But seriously? You have never heard anyone in here say "how come I didn't know about this?" or "when did that happen?" or "where have I been?" ???

I didn't mean upset like boo-hoo/ crying. I meant it as generally as Val meant "freaked-out". If she was truly freaked or skeeved (or whatever term you want to use), she wouldn't have anything to do with a fan page. Think about it.
If anyone with internet access can google "Bono's house" or "Larry Mullen's house" and get more information than anyone would ever need, why would it be so freaky for a curious fan to state the same link or info they found? You don't have to read it or follow it- but then don't be that person that turns around and say nobody shared or is keeping secrets, ya know?

Things become "common knowledge" in a fan base and even easier in a forum media. We acquire info (& pix) and we also offer up and share as well. My point was that it is all the same. If you are here to acquire info and such, it would be hypocritical to criticize those who are sharing, no matter what they are sharing.

Yea but I don't think most of us are here to acquire info. At least, I'm not. I'm here to talk and discuss with fellow U2 fans, and to talk about recent things. The only info I'm here to look for is about new music. I don't think knowing where Bono lives or what house he bought now is relevant to that, so I wouldn't quite get upset not knowing it.

but why would anyone in their right mind actually want to do that? :huh:

You could say the same thing about seeing U23D for the 20th time or why someone would pay big bucks to travel to Ireland to see the same show that will be nearby on the same tour, really.

Everyone's got their own curiosities or things they do when bored- who knows??

All I know is that insulting people who would isn't going to make this place any friendlier...

Yea but I don't think most of us are here to acquire info. At least, I'm not. I'm here to talk and discuss with fellow U2 fans, and to talk about recent things. The only info I'm here to look for is about new music. I don't think knowing where Bono lives or what house he bought now is relevant to that, so I wouldn't quite get upset not knowing it.

Just being diplomatic. Of course it doesn't apply to everyone.
Still, I doubt many people who say they come looking for new music info actually ignore threads about things about people meeting the band or what event Bono is speaking at, or else there wouldn't be an entire forum.

This doesn't apply to U2, but I can tell you I inquired on a fan site once about clarifying a band members location since I knew I was going to be in the area. My intent was to purposefully avoid said location so that I wouldn't be seen or caught off guard as stalker-fan unknowingly. (Had previously met this person) Besides, I didn't want to pee myself on vacation. :lol:

Anyhoo- everyone has there reasons and I just think it's not for the rest of us to judge or ridicule. But yes, that's just my opinion ;)

My comment was about sharing personal info on the exact whereabouts of the band members homes. Nothing more. It was not to be taken as a personal attack, nor does it need questioning or defending. Truly!

I would like to add that I love meeting band members at public events, and love reading about others who do.

So have a good day, all!

Back
Top Bottom