Met Bono in Melbourne, 2006 Vertigo Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2mikie

The Fly
I was lucky enough to see Bono.

It was during the Vertigo//2006 Tour, a couple of days after the shows. I waited outside the hotel they were staying at in Melbourne Australia with a few other U2 fans, and Bono came out and greeted us then signed something for every person there! The security said he hasn`t got time to pose for photos but he did anyway.
I was on my own and was lucky that a girl there was taking photos and happened to get one of Bono and me while he was signing for me! I only knew she took it because that night i went online and saw it on an Australian U2 site.....i was over the moon!
Another cool thing.......all i had with me was my concert ticket so that`s what i got him to sign then without asking him he started signing the U2 T-Shirt i was wearing as well, it was so cool of him! All these years i thought about what i would say to him and at the time all i could think of was THANK YOU! It was more a thank you for everything they have given to me over the years than just the signature!

I was on cloud 9 all day and even more that night after i found the photo!

My avatar is the photo!

I was lucky enough to see Bono.

It was during the Vertigo//2006 Tour, a couple of days after the shows. I waited outside the hotel they were staying at in Melbourne Australia with a few other U2 fans, and Bono came out and greeted us then signed something for every person there! The security said he hasn`t got time to pose for photos but he did anyway.
I was on my own and was lucky that a girl there was taking photos and happened to get one of Bono and me while he was signing for me! I only knew she took it because that night i went online and saw it on an Australian U2 site.....i was over the moon!
Another cool thing.......all i had with me was my concert ticket so that`s what i got him to sign then without asking him he started signing the U2 T-Shirt i was wearing as well, it was so cool of him! All these years i thought about what i would say to him and at the time all i could think of was THANK YOU! It was more a thank you for everything they have given to me over the years than just the signature!

I was on cloud 9 all day and even more that night after i found the photo!

My avatar is the photo!

What a great story!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom