Met Bono in Melbourne, 2006 Vertigo Tour - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Band Meetings and Sightings
Click Here to Login

Old 12-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Met Bono in Melbourne, 2006 Vertigo Tour

I was lucky enough to see Bono.

It was during the Vertigo//2006 Tour, a couple of days after the shows. I waited outside the hotel they were staying at in Melbourne Australia with a few other U2 fans, and Bono came out and greeted us then signed something for every person there! The security said he hasn`t got time to pose for photos but he did anyway.
I was on my own and was lucky that a girl there was taking photos and happened to get one of Bono and me while he was signing for me! I only knew she took it because that night i went online and saw it on an Australian U2 site.....i was over the moon!
Another cool thing.......all i had with me was my concert ticket so that`s what i got him to sign then without asking him he started signing the U2 T-Shirt i was wearing as well, it was so cool of him! All these years i thought about what i would say to him and at the time all i could think of was THANK YOU! It was more a thank you for everything they have given to me over the years than just the signature!

I was on cloud 9 all day and even more that night after i found the photo!

My avatar is the photo!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2mikie View Post
I was lucky enough to see Bono.

It was during the Vertigo//2006 Tour, a couple of days after the shows. I waited outside the hotel they were staying at in Melbourne Australia with a few other U2 fans, and Bono came out and greeted us then signed something for every person there! The security said he hasn`t got time to pose for photos but he did anyway.
I was on my own and was lucky that a girl there was taking photos and happened to get one of Bono and me while he was signing for me! I only knew she took it because that night i went online and saw it on an Australian U2 site.....i was over the moon!
Another cool thing.......all i had with me was my concert ticket so that`s what i got him to sign then without asking him he started signing the U2 T-Shirt i was wearing as well, it was so cool of him! All these years i thought about what i would say to him and at the time all i could think of was THANK YOU! It was more a thank you for everything they have given to me over the years than just the signature!

I was on cloud 9 all day and even more that night after i found the photo!

My avatar is the photo!
What a great story!!