Met Bono as he arrived to Giants last night!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kassandra

Refugee
We were walking around the stadium to try to find the GA line and say hi to everyone when we saw a few people standing around. Cathal was there so we stopped to say hi and he told us that the band enters at this gate and Bono came out the night before to say hi.

We decided to hang around, of course I didn't have my camera or anything to get an autograph with. After awhile, Larry drove in actually he whizzed right by us talking on his cellphone. Then Edge and Adam drove by. Last, Bono came by. His car drove inside but then he got out and walked over to us!

He had a picture of the band on the cover of RS and told us "Your favorite band is going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone coming up" He chatted with a few fans, shook some hands, took a few pictures and gave this woman a HUGE hug! She almost died! I was right next to her but she pushed me out of the way and got in front of me :|. After that the crowd started to get pushy and he left so I never got to shake his hand. I was able to say hi to him though. BLM's husband got a few pictures we will post later.

How awesome is it of Bono to come out to say hi to a few fans right before a huge show? He is amazing! I then walked on clouds back to the arena!

awesome.
Yeah, once the crowd get a bit pushy, he is gone.
I have seen him a few times in LA and the crowd know to just keep it mellow or security will take him away. If everyone stay calm, he will stay longer.

congrats btw.

Congrats Kassandra! Me and few people were going to try, but we were in the front of the GA line and they were going to move it up and we weren't allowed to leave

:hyper: That's so exciting Kassandra!! That's sort of a secret goal of mine. I haven't tried yet, but I'm thinking about it in DC depending on if we're allowed to leave the GA line. :lol: at the RS thing!

I was there too. Bono grabbed my cell phone outta my hands and started talking on it. He also shook my hand. I had been waiting there for three hours. Well worth it!

SMB

Hope these work:

DSCF5689.jpg

DSCF5693.jpg

DSCF5692.jpg

DSCF5690.jpg

DSCF5688.jpg

DSCF5687.jpg

We also tried to meet the band at SNL last night. After much waiting in the rain Adam and Edge came out to greet us. Larry left first and didn't stop at all. Bono came out last, but he got rushed by some fans again and didn't stay.

I was such an IDIOT when I met Adam. I was so shocked that all I could do was babble about having fun at the concerts and thanking him for such great music and he shook my hand. I asked him if I could take a picture with him and he said yes. So I set up, he puts his arm around me and instead of clicking the picture I turned the camera off! :doh: I said oh, did I get that? He said, "I don't know." and walked away. :gah:

Anyway here are some pictures I did get:

100_0870-1.jpg

100_0866-1.jpg

And here is Bono trying to get out:

100_0869.jpg

Its been quite a week!

jeez....you know somethimes I think all I want to do more than anything else in the world is to meet them.....than I see how crazy it gets and I---I dunno...I start to feel *bad* for him. What a crazy way to live. Maybe someday, but hopefully not in one of those 'high-pressure' situations. :huh:

But that being said...I'm happy for all of you who got a chance. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom