MERGED --> Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!! + Auckland non-show pics + But wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gluey

Blue Crack Addict
Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!!

OMG what a night!! It is 1.30am and I've just got home from MEETING LARRY!!!!!! Let me collect my thoughts for a second....

ok, I think I'm getting there.....excuse me if I ramble, don't make sense or all of the above.....

I met Slopsy and Effanbee outside the hotel late (about 11pm), they had been there since earlier but I live further away and didn't think I could make it in time until I thought 'sod it!! What have I got to lose'!!!! Anyway, just as we're about to give up.....Larry comes to the entrance for a cigarette!!! He sees us straight away, but makes no effort to come near us and we were all to chicken to call out to him (it was 12.30am). Anyway, just as we think he's about to head inside, he then comes back towards their car parked in front of where we're standing, and comes over to us!!
He asked how long did we think we were going to be standing out there waiting, and proceeded to tell us nicely that the others were already in for the night and had gone to bed. According to him Bono isn't in NZ yet. I felt like a fumbling idiot....I'll let Slopsy and Effanbee talk about how they felt....I had my pic taken with him (my camera decided to die at the very moment I wanted a pic, so Slopsy used her camera), and he signed my U2 by U2 book!! I also got to tell him about the police hat I wanted Bono to sign...he said "Oh, you want to give it to him?" and I'm like, "No, I want him to sign it!!"....he seemed amused and interested in the story behind it.......wow!! What a nice guy!!!! I'm on such a high I don't think I can sleep!!! Maybe I'll make more sense and explain things further after a bit of sleep......But....WOW!!!!! :drool: The man is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine!!!

The night was AMAZING!!! WOW!!!! Going nuts here!!! AAAHHH!!!!
I can't believe it!! We met the most elusive member on the FIRST ATTEMPT!!! I have a good feeling about meeting the others now!!! WOW WOW WOW :hyper::hyper::hyper:

OH MY GOD!!!!!! I still have not come down from this insane high - and that was meeting LARRY!! Imagine what I will be like after EDGE!!!!!!!!

But yeah - Gluey basically told the story, and OMG - he was SO gorgeous, and he smelt REALLY good. His jacket felt nice too, made of a really soft material! He also signed my Rattle & Hum vinyl sleeve!!! Wow, OMG it was SO worth waiting for 5 hours in the cold and dark for!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe and when he comes over, he's just like, "are you gonna stand here ALL NIGHT?" in this INCREDIBLE Irish accent :drool:

PICTURES!!!!! WOO!!!!!!
Kim (Gluey) and Lars:
P1000291.jpg

Slop and Lars:
LarryandSlopsy.jpg

Fran (Effanbee) and Lars!:
LarryandEff.jpg

I have to retire to bed now (though I'm not sleeping!!!!) because I actually have a French exam tomorrow! Ew!
BUT OMFG WE MET LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and I forgot to say....what a voice, what an accent....what a haircut.......omg......he is amazing in the flesh......:drool:

height indications....I'm 5'10......hehe.....he had his big thick black shoes on....that confirmed his identity from a distance for us!!!

OMG and he just wasn't rushed, bothered, etc, he was just awesome!!! I loved the way he spoke....thanks to my camera playing up I got his arm around me 3 TIMES!!!! OMG!!!!

Ohhh Gluey is very very happy......

Larry was SO nice to us, so patient offering to sign our stuff and have pics taken. He looked ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! :drool: The accent, OMG my knees unhinged! And he smelled wonderful and his jacket was some lovely soft material (moleskin?).

We met Big John earlier and he was really nice to us too! Also possibly sighted Paul McGuiness. Can't wait to meet the others ... must sleep now, it's 2.00 in the morning ... but oh, so worth it!

BIG HUGE CONGRATS GIRLS!!! WTG!!! :wink: :happy:

you lucky girls met the elusive larry.. oh what I wouldn't do to get that chance..

So funny the way he said "are ya gonna stand there all night.." hahaha :lmao: that is just SO LARRY!!:larry:

yougogirl.gif

thcheering.gif

nicepicswink.gif

OMG I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!

GLUEY, DID YOU HEAR ME YELL FROM HERE FOR YOU!!!! I WAS SCREAMING....I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE PICTURE OF YOU AND BONO....I'M GONNA PUT RIGHT NEXT TO THE ONE OF ME AN HIM!!!!

SENDING MORE VIBES.....YOU WILL MEET BONO!!!!
omg omg

:ohmy: Wow, i could not be any happier for you lovely ladies!! The pics are amazing and all of you look soooo pretty! :drool: Congratulations! :D

just had 3.5hrs sleep.....still shaking from meeting him, and heart still pounding.....every time I kept going to sleep my face just exploded into a HUGE smile!!!! Life Is Good!

ok, here's my "i've had 3hours sleep" version of last night.....

OMG it was all just surreal!!! If I'm like this over meeting Larry, then can you IMAGINE how crazy with excitement I'll be WHEN (see thinking positive)I meet Bono!! OMG!

Slopsy and Effanbee had been there since about 8pm and we were texting each other madly over movements, what I was hearing on the radio about goings on at the airport. At 10.30pm I got a text to say they had talked to John!!! I though Stuff it!!! I'm going too!!! So said goodbye to my laughing hubby, and jumped in the car for a 45 minute dash into the city!!! When I arrived all the security guys had gone off again so there were high hopes we'd see all the boys. The security guys all got back at about 11.45pm - on their own with what looked like pizza! We couldn’t get their attention that time sadly. One aussie guy was out the front with us (he is staying in the same hotel) who has met Bono 3 times in the last week in Oz and been to all the Oz shows!!(His camera was FULL of wicked photos!!) He said that from his experience lately, it meant the guys were either at a private function and not needing security until ready to leave, or holed up in their rooms....it wasn't the warmest outside, so he decided to call it a night. The saddest thing for him was that he only needed Larry's signature in his book - he had all the others......Slopsy, Effanbee and I decided that we would wait until 12.30 as we figured with the SUV parked out the front, SURELY that meant that security was going out again - or else they would have put it in the basement garage.....anyway it approaced 12.30am and we were watching the movements of the driver through the lobby windows, when I suddenly realised the hunky man who had just appeared from the lifts was none other than our Lardence!! It took ALL our control not to scream and therefore scare him away. He came out the front doors on his own, looked at us (that alone was amazing!!) then huddled into the corner to light his cigarette. He stayed huddled there for most of it, occasionally peeking out to look at us again!! Very cute!! It was like we were all sussing each other out!! We decided to move down the path a couple of feet for a better view of him, and vice versa. We were all too scared to wave or call out hello (stupid I know!!). Anyway he then finished his cigarette (the driver was out talking to him at this stage) and looked as though he was going to walk back inside. But he stopped at the door, said something to someone inside. The SUV was parked right in front of where we were standing with just a little garden separating us. He and the driver walked directly to the SUV, then just as they got to it, THEY TURNED AND WALKED OVER TO US!!!! No hesitation!!!! OMG!! You could have heard our knees knocking and hearts racing then!!
As he got closer, he said in his beautiful voice "Are ya gonna stand here all night?", then went on to tell us (in a lovely way) that we were wasting our time and that after finishing with him, we should go home as only Adam and Edge were here and they were in bed already, and Bono wouldn't be in NZ for another 'day or so'......There was absolutely no hurry or stress coming from him. We thanked him for coming over, asked if it would be ok to have a photo with him. I took the pic of slopsy, she took the one of Effanbee, and when we went to use my camera for the pic of me, it kept shutting down. We ended up using Slopsy's camera - so, thanks to my camera I got to have Larry's arm around me 3 TIMES!!!!! He was busy looking at the camera as Slopsy was trying to get it to go and offering advice. He was totally understanding about it stuffing up!! I was really aware that I was taller than him and I think that's why there is a bit of a gap between us - I mean how do I cuddle into him unless it looks like I'M pulling him into a hug!! Haha!! We then asked if he would be ok with signing my U2 by U2 book and Slopsys album sleeve, no problems for him - happy to do it. As I was putting my book away, and he was signing slopsy's album sleeve, I pulled out the infamous police hat, and asked again for clarification, that Bono would be here in the next couple of days. He said that was right. I told him I have this hat from Zoo 1993 that Bono wore. He then jumped in and said "oh, do you want to give it to him" and I laughed and said "no, I want him to sign it!!" He then listened intently as I told him how Bono got to wear the hat, during which song, and how I've waited 13 years for him to sign it. He seemed to think that Bono would love to hear the story and thought it was a good idea!!!! We then thanked him again, very very much for coming over like he did, and then he headed back to the SUV while we walked back to our cars. He drove off with the driver, and we stood and sqealed in the carpark!!! WHAT A NIGHT!!! I am dog tired now but it was oh so worth it!!!!!

Yep, he was definately smoking.....I thought of that afterwards, I never realised he smoked!!! Sneaky!! Maybe that's why he was trying to huddle out of our sight while he had it..... :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom