MERGED --> Gluey, Slopsy & Effanbee met LARRY!!! + Auckland non-show pics + But wait

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, me too, I'll arrive a little bit after you. Just trying to get my breath back....bit tired and sunburnt!! Haha, I WILL be ok though!!!

haha me too, keep wondering what I'm missing out on!! Wonder if the grumpy Dunedin girls will be there....it was really funny how hysterical they got about our friendly advice!!! Weird weird weird....oh well, it'll be their loss if they keep blabbermouthing to every man and his dog like that!! At least we'll have met Larry and had awesome one-on-one time with him!!! (And of course we'll meet the others!!)

Argh, I'm dying here!?! :faint: Lary is the only one of the guys who has so far managed to elude me and he just comes casually over to talk to you lot?!? :ohmy: I'm soooo jealous, but at the same time soooo happy for all of you!! :hug:

And the photos are just too fine, I mean talking from a Bono girls perspective Larry is looking soooo hot!! :wink:

come on, wheres wednesday and thursday nights' updates?! SLACK i tells ya! hehe joking...

but seriously :ohmy: feed us who can't (eat and) experience our own moments. lol.

Ugh....tired......just spent ALL NIGHT outside the hotel!!!

We were sort of tipped off that the guys had all gone out (this was backed up with one of the cars picking up a couple of lots of guys from the hotel, Brian and friends walking off down the road (and stumbling home later!!). 4 of us kept vigil until 4.30am for me and 5am for Slopsy and Effanbee. Sadly no sign of the boys :( But you can't say we didn't try!!!! Hotel security are so used to us now that we were even using the hotel toilet for most of the night without any hassles!!

But, we DID see Paul McGuiness and his wife returning from dinner, so that made it worthwhile!! We figure that we just have to make the most of whatever time we have there - there's no saying if or when we'd see them, just have to take our chances!!
I need sleep today though - got the CONCERT TONIGHT!!!!OMG!!!
We left the Bonosapian book with an Aussie friend who is staying at the hotel, knows John well enough to go up and talk to him (John and Brian wave to him when they see him :) ). He is going to try and pass it on to them for us....

Right must go and get the kids off to school!!!

gluey said:
Ugh....tired......just spent ALL NIGHT outside the hotel!!!

We were sort of tipped off that the guys had all gone out (this was backed up with one of the cars picking up a couple of lots of guys from the hotel, Brian and friends walking off down the road (and stumbling home later!!). 4 of us kept vigil until 4.30am for me and 5am for Slopsy and Effanbee. Sadly no sign of the boys :( But you can't say we didn't try!!!! Hotel security are so used to us now that we were even using the hotel toilet for most of the night without any hassles!!

You know your story about using the hotel toilets remanded of when I got to meet Edge (for the first time!) and Adam in Helsinki in 1997 out side their hotel! My friends and I ( there were about a dozen of us) waited around for two days and nights before Edge and Adam came out to sign autographs, just before going off the Olympic stadium to play the gig (half o dozen of us had seats in near the stage so we waited outside until the very last minute, coz it was just a brisk 10 minute walk from the hotel to the stadium!) and during the wait, we used the toilets of one of the hotels restaurants that was open to the general public as well as guests of the hotel!! They were very gracious to us mad U2 fans!!! :wink:

Ok one last attempt for the three madwomen ... we're all going to the hotel today to wait for the guys to come out for soundcheck.

We're beginning to realise just how special our meeting with Larry was. As far as I can tell, we're the only fans in NZ who've had any kind of contact with any of the band. We're SO grateful to Larry ... I think I've also become a Larry girl :wink:

gluey said:
:giggle: me too....shhh don't tell Bono...

:ohmy:

I guess meeting them in person can do that. A friend of mine met Adam and shared a ciggie with him on the zoo tv tour and was an Adam girl for ever after.

Good luck today and have fun tonite!!!!

I'll tell it so far then, I think I can keep my eyes open just a bit longer. Slopsy is taking a rest and Gluey was stuck in traffic in South Auckland last thing we heard.

Got to the hotel about 1.00, Gluey had come up too and we were all so excited. There were quite a few people there and all the cars out front. We saw Morleigh and Levi go in, so we thought great, at least Edge is here! Bono hasn't been in Auckland so far according to everyone (John and Larry included) but we'd hoped he had arrived at the hotel for soundcheck.

Big John came over and told us all that Edge and Bono were not there, they would be going straight to the soundcheck :( but Larry and Adam would be coming out and would go down the line as long as we all behaved.

Sadly, they were running late so when Larry and Adam came out they went straight to the cars and away. Gluey got loads of pics tho, she'll post them later. We know Edge and Bono went to the stadium by helicopter so it looks like no-one will get a chance to meet them unless they show up outside the hotel tomorrow.

We're resting up now so we can get to the stadium early tomorrow to queue. So glad we made the effort Tuesday night, meeting Larry was more than we ever hoped for and we're looking forward so much to the show tomorrow.

nighty night
:yawn:

Right, I'm off to the hotel again today!!!! John said Bono and Edge will be there today....so will I!!! haha!!

Auckland non-show pics

Here's what I got the last couple of days.....not that I'm a stalker!! This has been the most AMAZING FUN I've had!!

Day one

P1000291.jpg

Day two

KIF_1011.jpg

Waiting for U2
KIF_1010.jpg

Slopsy studying while waiting

KIF_1012.jpg

She calls this studying for exams??? :shifty: - she was doing 'maths' with Edgie....

KIF_1018.jpg

Back
Top Bottom