Meeting Bono - priceless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annabelle

New Yorker
Got up slowly Sunday Morning after a great gig Saturday night in GA and decided to head on in to town early and see what we could see. Did a couple of laps of the Dome and then got some directions to the "tradesmans entrance" and wandered on down

1.30 only about six people waiting including us. Met a really lovely girl who had been to all the Aussie shows and was hoping to get her U2 by U2 book signed.

After about an hour suddenly there he was - just got out of a car that we hadn't even noticed pull up and wandered on over with John at his side

u219nov06003.jpg

Really had to make myself stay cool and wait as Bono came down the line of people but suddenly he was there in front of me and I remembered that I had bought my copy of Boy for him to sign so I held it out and he did. Thanked him for Saturday night and told him that I thought Miss Sarajevo was sublime. He smiled and said "Yeah I think it went allright."

Then he noticed my daughter who was standing back and being a bit hesitant and smiled and asked her if he could sign her t-shirt. It was so sweet that he asked her like that. He is so gentle and has a calming and reassuring aura.

He signed it, held her hand for a moment (soooo jealous :lol:) and moved on... and that was it.

We didn't get a pic with him as John was moving him on and he kept saying he was late for something and he wasn't supposed to do photos :) But here is my beautiful girl beaming after our encounter.

u219nov06010.jpg

I think that says it all...

Oh and we met the girl who picked Bono up on Saturday night. You couldn't wipe the smile off her face (or ours for that matter) all day.

u219nov06016.jpg

Tshirt says "my dancing queen who won't dance with me but she picks me up"

As my sister txted me:

Plastic cup of beer at TelstraDome - $7.50
One GA ticket to U2 - $99.00
Meeting Bono - Priceless :)

Wow, thank you for sharing your great story?
Does anyone have any pictures of the girl on stage with Bono? Did she really pick him up?

What a great story for all....I am so happy for everyone who gets to meet him. He is so very easy going and soft spoken.

yes meeting Bono is priceless!

Last edited:
Both your beaming faces are priceless. :sexywink:

Thanks for sharing your story and pics with us.

Galeongirl said:
Great story :cute:
Can you tell us the story of the dancing girl aswell? :lol: must be bad for Bono's ego to be picked up by a girl!

It was funny... he tried to talk her into dancing for a minute and I don't know what happened but suddenly she had picked him up! It was surreal, and yes GG I thought that too - about the ego thing :lol: It only lasted a second 'cos she really couldn't hold him for long but what a laugh! (in a good way) :)

She got what looked like a kiss on the lips as well at the end!!! I tell you - I nearly fainted right there!!!

Anyway, apparently this will be in the movie that they were shooting that night so you will all be able to see it, as after we had met Bono one of their people came out and talked to her for ages and got her to sign consent stuff for the movie. She nearly collapsed with excitement after they left. How cool is that!!

I still can't believe I met him - even so briefly - and have realised today that I really can't remember much about when he was actually in front of me! It's funny cos you don't want to stare at him - is that stupid? I think I watched his hand sign my CD and completely neglected to look at his face!! or his chest!!!! :drool: :huh: Can you believe that!! I can't :lol:

Anyway it was a moment I won't forget and I am really hoping you all get to experience it too one day :)

What an awsome story. I love hearing the stories of fans who met him. Its such a blast. It gives me such a great feeling too. And I know what you mean at no wanting to stare but it is so hard not to. I think I looked him up and down I don't know how many times and I just kept looking at his whole self!!!! So its definately not stupid. :wink:

None of the other guys stopped I think we were lucky 'cos Bono came early and there weren't many people so he stopped. Once the word got out it got bigger so maybe that's why they didn't stop

I hope you meet him too :)

gr@cie said:

It was funny... he tried to talk her into dancing for a minute and I don't know what happened but suddenly she had picked him up! It was surreal, and yes GG I thought that too - about the ego thing :lol: It only lasted a second 'cos she really couldn't hold him for long but what a laugh! (in a good way) :)

She got what looked like a kiss on the lips as well at the end!!! I tell you - I nearly fainted right there!!!

Anyway, apparently this will be in the movie that they were shooting that night so you will all be able to see it, as after we had met Bono one of their people came out and talked to her for ages and got her to sign consent stuff for the movie. She nearly collapsed with excitement after they left. How cool is that!!

I still can't believe I met him - even so briefly - and have realised today that I really can't remember much about when he was actually in front of me! It's funny cos you don't want to stare at him - is that stupid? I think I watched his hand sign my CD and completely neglected to look at his face!! or his chest!!!! :drool: :huh: Can you believe that!! I can't :lol:

Anyway it was a moment I won't forget and I am really hoping you all get to experience it too one day :)
yea I heard about the kiss :cute: it's a great pic for sure, I'd love to see a clip of that!!!
During what song was it btw? Mysterious Ways or WOWY?

I can understand not wanting to stare, not that I speak from experience (sadly) but it's a common thing:)

maybe she was just star struck? i dunno, but i know if i was up on stage with bono in front of 60,000 people i would be dancing my heart out to mysterious ways.

Back
Top Bottom