Meeting Bono and Ali

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom mc Sweeney

Babyface
Met Bono and Ali in a school in north Dublin where Bono was watching his dad Bob perform in "fiddler on the roof".They were very charming,gave us about forty minutes of their time.

Carek1230 said:
That is awesome! When was that? I've been to Dublin and would love to one day return there. I am in Northern California. Welcome to Interference! :wave:

That was a long time ago during the Joshua Tree era(he was wearing a brown suede jacket with the fringes) He signed all the albums I had with me which were in my car.I was massive fan then and still am today.I have attended every single show in Ireland that they have put on.I would love the opportunity to meet him again sometime(Bono are you listening?!!)

That is a great story and what a memory! My best memory is being mere feet from him at the inside rail during the Vertigo tour in Las Vegas as he stopped in front of my sister and I belting out Sometimes. :drool:

Now that I think of it I am a very unique U2 fan as I must be the only one to pay to see Bono and also his father perform.what is quite strange about this is I saw Bob perform onstage before I saw U2 in Croke Park in1987 and so many times since!

deep said:
couldn't even spare a full hour between the two of them :crack:[/
That type of comment does not merit any type of meaningful response,you must have very little to do.

sorry Tom

I was just kidding, it was a silly statement, I thought it would be seen as just that.

again, I am sorry,
welcome to the board

I very much appreciate and accept your apology.I get quite defensive
when people criticise something for spurious reasons especially when it's about Bono or U2!! Maybe I should have realised that your comment was "

Tongue in cheek"
I hope I can talk to you in the future
Regards Tom

Back
Top Bottom