Me outside Hanover Quay!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congratulations! The pics are awesome. I have never checked PLEBA so many times in a day just to see if you had the pics up yet. It was like we were all there with you and could feel your happiness around the world.

I've been a Bono girl for over 20 years now, but Adam has defintely peaked my interest lately. Is he wearing a ring on THAT finger which would make him unavailable?

Had a quick look in the thread, I'll awnser some of your questions.

The cologne:
One word would be to describe is STRONG. Didnt have to stand near him to smell it.

The head touching:
He did that himself.
I stood next to him and put my arm on his shoulder and he rested his head on my cheek :lol:

My mum was there. She took the pics.
She actually stood back and Bono walk over to her to greet her :cute:

The bag he is holding had a laptop inside and lyric sheets.
I didn't get a good look though.

Confirmation of some PLEBAn folklore:

Bono can not drive his car into the garage.
Sam drove it in and out for him, and parked it on the street in the direction Bono needed to go.

The pic of me and Bono together, Im standing straight and so is Bono. That gives you and idea of his hieght with the shoes.

waynetravis said:
Had a quick look in the thread, I'll awnser some of your questions.

The cologne:
One word would be to describe is STRONG. Didnt have to stand near him to smell it.

The head touching:
He did that himself.
I stood next to him and put my arm on his shoulder and he rested his head on my cheek :lol:

My mum was there. She took the pics.
She actually stood back and Bono walk over to her to greet her :cute:

The bag he is holding had a laptop inside and lyric sheets.
I didn't get a good look though.

Confirmation of some PLEBAn folklore:

Bono can not drive his car into the garage.
Sam drove it in and out for him, and parked it on the street in the direction Bono needed to go.

The pic of me and Bono together, Im standing straight and so is Bono. That gives you and idea of his hieght with the shoes.

:lmao:

:faint:

lovezeuser said:
Congratulations! The pics are awesome. I have never checked PLEBA so many times in a day just to see if you had the pics up yet. It was like we were all there with you and could feel your happiness around the world.

I've been a Bono girl for over 20 years now, but Adam has defintely peaked my interest lately. Is he wearing a ring on THAT finger which would make him unavailable?

no Adam is the only band member who is single :)

:lmao: Wayne, thanks for the confirmation that Bono CAN NOT drive!
:wink: I wonder if he pays Sam extra to park his car...

:love: soft Bonofuzz!

waynetravis said:
His hands are huge, and has a strong grip.

Brick-layers hands

bonohands.jpg

The_Edge89 said:

I read in Babydoll's thread about your visit that your heard rhythmic drumming at one point, did they let you hear anything more of the new stuff apart from that?

Ah yes.
That was on Wednesday eveing.
We went to the studio and saw that the lights were on, so we waited.

As I was taking pics my brother was looking around the studio exterior.
When we walked to the giants fans that were spinning he waved me over.

I walked over and I started to hear some noises, first was drum beats then faint singing.

The rhytme was 'boom boom ta, boom boom ta'. very fast.

Couldn't make out the singing though.

But this was on the night when we thought the band was there and they was'nt.

A car drove up and parked and the guy went to the studio door and it opened, whoever it was looked over to us. This was around 8.30.
About an hour later the 2 came out again and was talking in the doorway.
I remeber them saying something about next week, and something happening in a few weeks.

He looked at us again and they went back inside to talk in private.

When Bono got out his car and was talking to the girls, I was leaning my back against his car watching him.
I thought to myself ''omg I've got my back on his car and dhesn't seem to be bothered''.

:lol:

His car was dirty :tsk:

When we went to his house, there was fresh tire tracks at his gate going in opposite directions. So someone had been there recently.

A bit further up from Bono's house is Edge's.
The wall was about shoulder hieght on my brother and I so he looked over the wall.

When you look over, his driveway goes down hill. So you can see his house clearly.

I took a pic over the wall, but I'm not going to post it in respect to Edge's privacy.

I do have some pics taken from the beach of both their homes, which I might post later.
The lights were on in Bono's house.

congratulations.gif

As u can see a loootttttt of us were waittingg for you and your pics!! You have 2 threads of your own
congratulations again! the pics are amaazzinnggggg!!:D:D:D:D
And Im so going on Septmber next year!!

waynetravis said:

Ah yes.
That was on Wednesday eveing.
We went to the studio and saw that the lights were on, so we waited.

As I was taking pics my brother was looking around the studio exterior.
When we walked to the giants fans that were spinning he waved me over.

I walked over and I started to hear some noises, first was drum beats then faint singing.

The rhytme was 'boom boom ta, boom boom ta'. very fast.

Couldn't make out the singing though.

But this was on the night when we thought the band was there and they was'nt.

A car drove up and parked and the guy went to the studio door and it opened, whoever it was looked over to us. This was around 8.30.
About an hour later the 2 came out again and was talking in the doorway.
I remeber them saying something about next week, and something happening in a few weeks.

He looked at us again and they went back inside to talk in private.

Thanks, Wayne!

ZOMG what amazing photos.................
:faint: dies of admiration and jelousy ! good work on the stakeout , we are all so happy for you and baby doll :heart:

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your awesome story!! And for all the great details! :wink:

((So the band is still using HQ as their Dublin meeting/recording place - isn't it supposed to be torn down soon? Does anyone know when that is happening?))

Someone there said they will be in the studio in November, but not Hanover Quay.
Said something about the new Windmill Lane studios at the other side of the river.

But don't take my word for it, there was loads of speculation and rumours when I was there.

More U2 sights:

The Clarence Hotel:
DSCF0452.jpg

The Nude cafe (Bono's brother's place):
DSCF0505.jpg

Bono's grafitti at Eason's bookstore:
DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0503.jpg

Windmill Lane graffitti:
DSCF0461.jpg

DSCF0458.jpg

More of Hanover Quay: