Kiss n Tell.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesiresFire27

The Fly
If you had the chance to meet the B man would you ask him for a kiss? And what do you think his reaction would be? I might have a chance to meet him in September and I don't know what to do.

just ask, usually he won't mind it and give you one :) or if you feel more comfortable with it ask for a hug.... I'm only aware of one ocasion when Bono said he was 'out of kisses' when a guy asked him to kiss his gf... but most stories I've heard was that he kissed the girls

I didn't want to take full advantage so I just asked for a picture with him, plus I saw he was running out of time.

I think if you asked in a certain way like, Bono can I give you a kiss/hug? Instead of can I have a kiss, he would be more likely to oblige.

Go for it. I've heard that other fans kiss him and he's more than happy to receive a kiss from his fans.:yes:

I don't think you have anything to lose by asking politely :yes: Here in NZ there was a very loud annoying woman out the front of their hotel who was determind to help herself to kisses from the guys. Slopsy was there and you'll have to ask her the finer details, but from what I understand the guys were not that thrilled with her methods.....she was really pushy......manners get you a long way if you want a genuine response!

Anyway, trust me in that if you get to meet them, talk to them, have a pic with them etc, you'll be just as satisfied!

Galeongirl said:
just ask, usually he won't mind it and give you one :) or if you feel more comfortable with it ask for a hug.... I'm only aware of one ocasion when Bono said he was 'out of kisses' when a guy asked him to kiss his gf... but most stories I've heard was that he kissed the girls
He did end up kissing her.. on the hand:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD1SRKIiVP0

Ahhh, Bono :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

:uhoh:

No seriously, I think I would just be too shy or too nervous or both and forget all of my English and say something like:

Bocannakissa????

Maybe I'd try to give him a short peck on the cheek, but mouth ... I don't know ... I think someone better call the ambulance.

one4u2 said:
I didn't ask for it but got a kiss on the hand after a picture, he's the best:heart:

awwwh. So sweet and such a gentleman isn't he?

If I see him when I get there finally in October I gave my sister strict orders to drag me to Bono and break the ice... :) because I am seriously afraid I will freeze. Seeing him on the street or out somewhere same thing.. I will freeze, I know I will. Did any of you freeze when you saw him? I know if I had something to say I would totally forget it....and just be ga ga over him!! :) I will try to keep my cool that is for sure and not look like an idiot.:cool:

Jeannieco said:

awwwh. So sweet and such a gentleman isn't he?

If I see him when I get there finally in October I gave my sister strict orders to drag me to Bono and break the ice... :) because I am seriously afraid I will freeze. Seeing him on the street or out somewhere same thing.. I will freeze, I know I will. Did any of you freeze when you saw him? I know if I had something to say I would totally forget it....and just be ga ga over him!! :) I will try to keep my cool that is for sure and not look like an idiot.:cool:

It's funny you should mention about freezing....I honestly thought I would either freeze or be a babbling idiot and send him running for the hills....however he is so relaxed and charming that you forget there are heaps of people around you and there's just an aura about him that puts you at ease. I talked to him like a friend, very comfortable and even surprised myself at how much I talked.....mind you I was a gibbering idiot once it was all over!! :giggle:

:hyper: I got a Bono-kiss!!
I didn't ask or anything, but he gave me a hug & a kiss!!! And Edge too! :heart:
But yeah, like Gluey said, there was this one really really pushy woman who was basically just THROWING herself onto the guys, they looked very displeased. Needless to say, SHE didn't get a kiss!

gluey said:

It's funny you should mention about freezing....I honestly thought I would either freeze or be a babbling idiot and send him running for the hills....however he is so relaxed and charming that you forget there are heaps of people around you and there's just an aura about him that puts you at ease. I talked to him like a friend, very comfortable and even surprised myself at how much I talked.....mind you I was a gibbering idiot once it was all over!! :giggle:

So true, that once he is close to you a sense of calm comes over you and you know that you have nothing to be afraid of.

Wow. You guys have awesome stories!
As for me I've never met any of them before.
Its weird i know I wont get nervous around Bono its just something I have a feeling about.
But with Edge ill probably get a little nervous and might be on the verge of tears but I def. will be polite and somewhat shy as I usually am.

Thinking back, you guys ARE right about the calmness thing! I mean, as soon as I saw them approaching, even though I was shaking like a leaf I managed to stay cool and calm...afterwards was a different story though!!! I was like, :hyper: x2000!

^^ :hyper: x2000 is pretty conservative don'tcha think?? :giggle: I mean I could barely understand what you were saying in between the squeaks and squeals you made over the phone....hehe, actually, I don't think I was any better after my meeting....I remember being on the phone, screaming, crying, and rambling much to the amusement of my hubby - polar opposite from how I was when actually talking to the boys!

Yep, it's an amazing experience meeting them. :yes:

OMG - you girls are so lucky- i am shaking just from reading this thread, REALLY. I can't imagine calming down enough to act normal, but I know I would, cuz' I want nothing more than to meet Bono. I don't think I would be able to ASK for a kiss, but maybe ask to give him a hug -and hope for more. lI just wouldn't want to do or say the wrong thing, and get not a thing. I would be happy with a signature and some eye contact, tho-those eyes -:drool:

gluey said:
^^ :hyper: x2000 is pretty conservative don'tcha think?? :giggle: I mean I could barely understand what you were saying in between the squeaks and squeals you made over the phone....hehe, actually, I don't think I was any better after my meeting....I remember being on the phone, screaming, crying, and rambling much to the amusement of my hubby - polar opposite from how I was when actually talking to the boys!

Yep, it's an amazing experience meeting them. :yes:

Omg, when you phoned me and I was down in the ellipse waiting...and I didn't actually twig that you'd met them at first!! Hahah it was sooo awesome, especially since I met them the next day. Othewise I might've had to be jealous :wink:

gluey said:
I don't think you have anything to lose by asking politely :yes: Here in NZ there was a very loud annoying woman out the front of their hotel who was determind to help herself to kisses from the guys. Slopsy was there and you'll have to ask her the finer details, but from what I understand the guys were not that thrilled with her methods.....she was really pushy......manners get you a long way if you want a genuine response!

Anyway, trust me in that if you get to meet them, talk to them, have a pic with them etc, you'll be just as satisfied!

Like that lady on the second disc of the Chicago DVD.

"Can I have a kiss? Can I have a kiss?"

Geez! She never got that kiss. :tsk:

Slopsy said:

Omg, when you phoned me and I was down in the ellipse waiting...and I didn't actually twig that you'd met them at first!! Hahah it was sooo awesome, especially since I met them the next day. Othewise I might've had to be jealous :wink:

:love: Aaahhhh memories....they never fade.....

Bonogirl777 said:

Like that lady on the second disc of the Chicago DVD.

"Can I have a kiss? Can I have a kiss?"

Geez! She never got that kiss. :tsk:

Yep, something like that...:yuck:

Thanks to everyone for sharing their stories! I'm not sure if I'm actually going to meet the B man as he's not scheduled for the Toronto International Film Fest. But I'll keep my hopes up and my lips puckered...lol

Peace and Love

Kristie

I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't get to meet Bono tonight. I was hoping he'd be at the premiere for Across the Universe but he didn't attend.

I did meet, Clive Owen, Jude Law, Jim Sturgess and Geofrey Rush, so I'm not to sad.

It's been a fun trip so far.

DesiresFire27 said:
I just wanted to let everyone know that I didn't get to meet Bono tonight. I was hoping he'd be at the premiere for Across the Universe but he didn't attend.

I did meet, Clive Owen, Jude Law, Jim Sturgess and Geofrey Rush, so I'm not to sad.

It's been a fun trip so far.

Ewww very cool! Too bad the B man wasn't there! That would have been awesome!

Did you see the movie? How was it?

Back
Top Bottom