Just got back from Dublin last night....and met Bono & Adam on 5/23

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
Hello Hello...So I just got back home to Chicago last night from Dublin...Unfortunately. But we went to the studios last Friday and met Adam & Bono. Both were in fantastic spirits. The Edge came out and signed a few things but I was distracted by Bono so I didn't get a chance to go over and chat with The Edge. And as usual, no sign of Larry...

So we got to the studios in the afternoon and waited for about 45 minutes before Adam came out. He was very casual and walked out by himself and stayed for about 20 minutes or so to chat with everyone. There were about 10 people or so in total. He signed and took pictures with everyone. We asked about the new album but he just kept saying that it was going well and confirmed that we'll see them on the road next year. But he made sure to say just that and not give out many details. He did say that he was going to London for the weekend. Someone asked him if he'd be at the Mandela gig and he said that only Bono would be there. Oh and my friend (who isn't the biggest U2 fan) asked him if he wanted to have a cigarette (which we all know that he doesn't smoke anymore) and he politely said no. Before he left I gave Adam a mix cd of a Chicago band called the Redwalls. They're a fantastic band and I'm hoping they give the cd a listen and maybe think about them for the opener for next year's tour.

After that, he went in. We waited for maybe another couple of hours. There was a lot of activity going on in the meantime. Sam kept walking down and letting people go in and out. We saw one of the stylists walk in. I don't know her name but always see her around on tours. We saw Ali walk in. We saw Dallas go in and out. We saw a couple with their son walk in and go upstairs. We saw Bono's Maseratti drive by quite a few times, though it was never Bono driving, always someone else.

So finally, at maybe around 6:30 or someone at the front door said that they would be out in about 30 minutes. Before we knew it Bono's car was parked by the front door along with another car. There was a lot going on. Some guy pulled a jacket out of the trunk of the Maseratti and handed to someone else who was just inside, behind the door. That's when I sort of knew that was Bono and he was about to come out. So out he comes and we all flock towards him. He comes out and we're all standing around him. For all you PLEBANS, I'll say that he definitely has lost weight and his hair looks really good. I also wanted his jacket. I ask him if he's going to the Springsteen gig and he says yes. I then tell him that we went to the Thursday night gig (which we did and it was amazing) and he starts asking about how it was. I told him about some of the setlist and how much energy there was at the gig. After that I give him my Springsteen ticket and he signs it "To my Boss, Bono." As he was signing my friends' items I said to him, "We made it all the way out to Chicago to see you guys." And at that point he looked up at me, his eyes got big, he smiled, and put his hand out towards me to give me a half handshake/half hug. He then said, "The reason why we absolutely love the city of Chicago and always will...." my friend then interrupts him and says "the Park Hyatt?" Bono smiled and said, "well that too, but 3 nights, Soldier Field on the lakefront, the PoPmart Tour, probably one of the best crowds we had. The only show on that tour that topped those gigs was Mexico City" At which point a girl who had actually been to the Mexico City gig came up and told him and he gave her a hug.

After that I asked Bono if he'd got the Redwalls cd from Adam. Bono actually thought that I'd given it to him and asked when I gave it. I told him, no I gave it to Adam earlier today hoping that you guys would give it a listen. I told him that they're a fantastic band from Chicago and they opened for Oasis on their last tour. And Bono says "well we love the Oasis boys and their good mates or ours." So hopefully he gets a chance to check out that cd. At that point Bono says that the wife is waiting (Ali was sitting in the car) and starts wrapping up. We told him we'd see him next year in Chicago and he smiled. At this point I looked up and noticed the Edge had been out also and was signing. But by then he was also wrapping up and got into a car with Simon Carmody.

Oh, one other thing, the time between meeting Adam and waiting for Bono we walked along the side of the studios along the water and saw some of the back doors/windows open. We could cleary hear the new music being played. It wasn't too long but from what I heard it really does sound like a bit of a departure from HTDAAB. It's hard to describe what it sounded like. One of those, "you had to be there and hear it" to really understand. But one thing I can say is, after hearing a little bit, all the comments of Larry's rythmic drumming, a bit of the Morrocan influence, and the Bono singing like a bird comment, all made a lot of sense. You could hear all of those in the clip we heard.

Anyway, sorry I waited till today to post all this but I did just get back home last night. And I was on holiday in Dublin, so I had a no internet policy going for myself. Can I just say that along with Chicago, Dublin is now officially my favorite city in the world. I absolutely fell in love with that place and can't wait to go back.....I will work on pictures in the next day or so you all might have to be a bit patient with me....Cheers!

Congratulations U2One! Isn't Dublin just wonderful? :D
How lucky that you saw more people than just the band members and the usual studio crew. Good to hear more reports like this that backs up the rumours making the rounds on the web (Mandela concert, Lilywhite, the sound of the album etc.) :up: Much appreciated, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

my first time posting pics on this forum...I hope this works....

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0351.jpg

Whew, that wasn't as hard I thought it was gonna be. Anyway, I have more random pics of HQ and Dublin city in general but I figured that most of us here have seen all those. Man do I miss that place!

U2One;5197091 [IMG said:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn286/u2one1983/IMG_0400-1.jpg[/IMG]

While Bono was distracted by the fans, the President of the "Pleban Widowers' Society" peed on his car.

"You took Wildhoney from me," he was heard to say. "So I'll take your paintwork from you."

Bono, seen later with a bucket and sponge, was unavailable for comment.

I was there too

Hi boys from Chicago, nice pictures , I was there too, I got some pictures, all the best from Polish U2 fan :), I got Bono, Adam, the Edge again, I got also some picture where You are , give me a minute I will put theme on

Attachments

• fotki 050.jpg
    fotki 050.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 58
  • fotki 072.jpg
    fotki 072.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 21
  • fotki 079.jpg
    fotki 079.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 19
c.d.

I got also pictures from 22 may, Bono sign my "G is S" guitar :)

Attachments

• fotki 012.jpg
    fotki 012.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 22
  • fotki 018.jpg
    fotki 018.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
  • fotki 017.jpg
    fotki 017.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23
  • signs 004.jpg
    signs 004.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 22
and so here you are Chicago boys, greetings also for all Spanish - specially for Ma Jose Garcia and Roberto Martinez, Italian cover great U2 BAND and their manager :), beautiful Mexico girl :), polish fans Dominika and Pati. Chicago Boys I can send you of course bigger size pictures , send my your e-mail u2poland@gmail.com , I also attached picture of Bono in suite going for firt boss concert in Dublin on may 22, I also attached - miss sarajevo vinyl - signed by Bono, Adam, Edge on may 23.

Attachments

• fotki 078.jpg
    fotki 078.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 22
  • fotki 075.jpg
    fotki 075.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 22
  • fotki 042.jpg
    fotki 042.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 20
  • signs 003.jpg
    signs 003.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 19
Congratulations for meeting the boys...they are just delightful..Adam is so cool and laid back and Bono is such a gentleman...always have time for fans, and i really respect that about them..I met them in September last year at the studio...just beautiful people....Also I noticed someone mentioned Dominka the polish girl..she is gorgeous too, I met her in Dublin last year...love to catch up with her...Suzanna:kiss:

who is not a premium member can't view the pictures anymore, at least if you use the attachment feature

Non-premium members cannot download ANY attached pictures. We can only see pictures that are uploaded and linked from sites like Photo Bucket.

I love the photos. You guys sure picked a great day to visit HQ. Doesn't get much better than what you experienced....although if Larry had come out, it would have been complete. I think that guy has built an underground tunnel from HQ into the City Centre or better yet, straight to his home :)

I love the photos. You guys sure picked a great day to visit HQ. Doesn't get much better than what you experienced....although if Larry had come out, it would have been complete. I think that guy has built an underground tunnel from HQ into the City Centre or better yet, straight to his home :)

LOL I wouldn't be surprised!

Are my eyes deceiving me but is that not Larry in the background - just got out the car?

fotki078.jpg

I`ve attached the photo both ways!!

Attachments

• fotki 078.jpg
    fotki 078.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 63
:)

it's not Larry, :) , it's u2 fan coming to edge for sign , at that moment larry as usual was "safe" in his black mercedes E klass

Back
Top Bottom