I've seen Bono & Larry in Dublin (last week)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

glamourgirl

The Fly
last week I went with a friend to Dublin.
Some of you probably have already read that I have talked with Sam O'Sullivan last week.
But he isn't the only one I've seen in Dublin... (but the only one I've spoken too)
On the first day that we were in Dublin we wanted already take a look at the Hanover Quay studio. We were there only 5 minutes and I saw a car descending and I said for the joke against my girlfriend: look there comes a chique car! and my friend answered "it is Larry""it's Larry! And my reaction was: uh? you are right, omg it's Larry:eek:!" We stood of course there entirely in bump and stood nailed to the ground:laugh:. In the meantime the poort opened and Larry drove into the garage, and for we knew it the poort was already closed without having the change to do someting (we haven't even waived at him:huh:).
And we have waited 2 hours for Larry and are then left because it had no sense to still remain there, who know how long he stayed there (it was very cold and already dark) during the two hours that we have been there, we have seen many people going in and out the studio...
Suddenly the door opened once and asked that man or we were fans and we have a bit talked to that man. But it was a bit strange because he said that U2 would not come that weak to the studio but I said too him that we had seen Larry arriving, on which te man answered: Oh yes Larry is here for the moment...(very strange if you ask me:huh:)

And there arrived a young man wearing a short trousers (in the winter) on which that man said that he is the trainer (also complete bizar). Suddenly a bunch of people came outside and said a woman to us that we were waisting our time because it had no sense that we stayed there. And I asked her that she couldn't ask Larry to come out for a few minutes, on which she said:'he wouldn't do that' :(
so that's when we decided to go knock on the door but there was no reaction so we decided to go away...

on another day we went to Killiney (were Bono and the edge lives) it was around the afternoon that we arrived there. therefore decided first to eat something. to go to the city we had to pass by Bono's house and on that moment went his gates open and drove a blue mercedes away, but it was only a driver we had seen in the car. after a few minutes we saw again the mercedes and my friend reconised a daughter of Bono in that car. after dinner we returned to Bono's house and we wanted to read the texts on Bono's gates, but we stood there only 5 seconds and a security guy told us to move away further from the gates. then we wanted to go to the beach of Killiney but sudenly I remembered that we didn't see Edge's house so we went back. on the way back an old car passed us and suddenly the gates of Bono's house were open so I hurried a bit to take a look on the inside of his garden but suddenly the blue mercedes appeared and Bono was in the car!! and we was similing and waved to us!I stood there entirely shocked and thought oh yes I have to wave back:laugh:!! he looked very good:cute:!!! he had the red/oranje shades on!!!
it's a pitty he didn't stopped for us but on the other hand really do not wanna disturb him too much on his house, he needs a bit privacy. But I am glad that I have seen him.
And on the last day of our trip we was Bono's brother Norman in his restaurant Nude!! But we haven't spoken to him because we wouldn't bother him only for the reason he is the brother off...but I have secretly a photograph of him (the man on the left with grey hair)
HPIM1455.jpg

we also went to Kilmainham goal, Hard rock café, temple bar, Guiness storehouse, Trinity College,... Dublin is such a great city :D

:applaud: Well done!! It's so exciting seeing them in the flesh isn't it!!! I'm so glad your trip was worthwhile!

:lol: Dublin is such a small place... Sounds like you had a great time! I'm in Dublin next weekend. Maybe I should have a look at Hanover Quay studios, too. :angel:

glamourgirl said:

And on the last day of our trip we was Bono's brother Norman in his restaurant Nude!! But we haven't spoken to him because we wouldn't bother him only for the reason he is the brother off...but I have secretly a photograph of him (the man on the left with grey hair)
HPIM1455.jpg

Hi Glamourgirl,

I am very happy that you had a great time in Dublin, but the man with grey hair on the left of your photo doesn't look to me like Norman but of course, I could be wrong.

Take care,

BlueAingeal

Bona Vox said:
:lol: Dublin is such a small place... Sounds like you had a great time! I'm in Dublin next weekend. Maybe I should have a look at Hanover Quay studios, too. :angel:

you have to go to Hanover Quay, maybe you have more luck then me!!!

:dancing:
Thanks for sharing your story :up:
(I recognised your nick from another board ;)

Last edited:
Bibien said:
:dancing:
Thanks for sharing your story :up:
(I recognised your nick from another board ;)

Oh I see you are als from Belgium!!! from which board? (I take a look at a few ones...)

BlueAingeal said:

Hi Glamourgirl,

the man with grey hair on the left of your photo doesn't look to me like Norman but of course, I could be wrong.

I really think it was him because he was talking to a man about business and he did not had to pay for the water he was drinking. and he was walking all around the place... so it must be Norman...

glamourgirl said:

Oh I see you are als from Belgium!!! from which board? (I take a look at a few ones...)
It was a Dutch forum. (but it changes from location every now and then :shrug: ) I'm not a member anymore. You are from Gent right?
Btw, I think it's Norman too! :wink:

Bibien said:

It was a Dutch forum. (but it changes from location every now and then :shrug: ) I'm not a member anymore. You are from Gent right?
Btw, I think it's Norman too! :wink:

You should come back to that board, it's really cool there!! this is the new adress: http://anne.messageboard.nl/18854/viewforum.php?f=11
and from which part of the country do you come?

Dudette said:
theres a hard rock cafe in dublin?!?! WOW I am so there.

yes there is a hard rock cafe in Dublin! it's really cool there, the people are very nice (they even adviced us to buy only one ice cream with a browny so that we did not had spent to much for it!!)

congratulations:up:

does this larry-sighting mean that they are in the studio for a next album???:hmm: :hyper:

and regarding bono's gates: i was in dublin in january and indeed, since the vertigo tour you can't approach the gates anymore. before the tour no-one told you to go away. does anyone know if something happened like annoying fans?

I kind of think hanging around outside the gates is a little too close for comfort. I'm glad they're not letting people do it anymore. It's one thing to hang out at HQ or the Clarence, or any public place, but let them keep their homes private.

love2bmama said:
I kind of think hanging around outside the gates is a little too close for comfort. I'm glad they're not letting people do it anymore. It's one thing to hang out at HQ or the Clarence, or any public place, but let them keep their homes private.

yeah I know but we were just looking for only 5 seconds to the written text on his gates and were very quiet without doing something wrong so it was strange... maybe they were not happy with it that we were standing there because Bono was home on that moment....

angelofdublin said:
congratulations:up:

does this larry-sighting mean that they are in the studio for a next album???:hmm: :hyper:

no, they are not recording a new album. I've talked with Sam O'Sullivan and he told me that the next album will be expected next year...

Somebody over at the Zoo (I don't remember his screen name, though I remember his name is James) met Dallas Schoo at HQ on the 27th or 28th. He was only there picking up equipment, but he was nice enough to stop and chat for a few minutes, give them some picks, and pose for a picture.

Dallasdublin0207.jpg

Another step in my continuing effort to get this changed to PLEBAD :wink:

glamourgirl said:
that is too bad, hopefully you will have more luck the next time Bona Vox!!

Thank you! :)
Well, doesn't matter. I met Bono last April and May- so I wasn't too disappointed to see nobody. ;) I was just curious whether anyone was working at HQ. I'm waiting for a new album!!! *g*

^^ nice Dallas pic. He's really cool. Met him in Paris in the city center by accident two years ago and had a small chat.

Great you got to see them even if you didnt get a meeting. :up:D

Dallas. :love: Hes so awesome. :up:

Hanover Quay. :drool: Is it still really dusty though from all the construction work going on. I remember almost chocking from all the dust last summer. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom