I met Dallas this morning!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RavenBlue THAT IS A GREAT STORY. I am so happy for you. and your mom is must be the best! I am so glad you got to meet Dallas ...
congrats, honey!:applaud::wave:

I'm home again now, seriously missing Dublin greatly.. but nice to be back as well. I'll have the picture of Dallas and I up in a few days, as it's on my mothers camera and she'll send the file my way.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.. I didn't get to meet the lads themselves, but had a lovely time down at HQ nonetheless and met some wonderful people.

U2 fans rock, seriously!

I'm home again now, seriously missing Dublin greatly.. but nice to be back as well. I'll have the picture of Dallas and I up in a few days, as it's on my mothers camera and she'll send the file my way.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.. I didn't get to meet the lads themselves, but had a lovely time down at HQ nonetheless and met some wonderful people.

U2 fans rock, seriously!

Dallas is pretty cool too. Very cool that you got to meet him; and that he gave you pick.

Well, I don't know if my mother lost the file or what.. she still hasn't sent it but I did print out a few copies before I came home, so I took a picture of the picture. Please excuse the cruddy quality.. my whole experiences at HQ now seem like they happened in a dreamscape. I was very fortunate, Dallas is one nice guy :up:

dallasme.jpg

Gah! I can hardly think straight. Today, my mum had taken me into town to help me regain my bearings. We wandered down to the studios around 10am and I was pretty certain there was noone in as I know they likely are there later than that. I wasn't going to be there all day either so we stood literally there for five minutes and I saw someone I recognized.

My brain was working overtime and then it dawned on me that it was Dallas. He went into the studios and then shortly afterwards came out again. He was putting some stuff in a taxi and then he looked up at us a few times and said Howyeh. My mom, who is braver than me asked if I could get a picture with him and he said sure and came over. He asked my name and shook my hand. Very nice, kind fellow.

He put his arm around me and Mum was commenting on how I was a big fan and then Dallas replied that I was also one of the shortest :giggle: Mum took the picture and before he left he said

"Here, I think you dropped this." And he handed me a U2 pick! :faint:

I thanked him and Mum told me afterwards that the look on my face was priceless. I'm still processing it.

Wow.

:dance: :rockon:

All right, Raven! Congrats! Dallas is one of the sweetest people around. (I remember when he pressed my hand in New York outside the Hard Rock when he saw my sketch of Edge. He makes everything so personal...and it's something I appreciated very much about him!)

Don't come out of the clouds yet, Raven...:dance: on!!!

That's awesome Raven and what a nice photo! I've heard what a nice guy Dallas is. I think most of those "employees" who support U2 are nice to fans. Maybe it's in their contracts or something? :cute::up:

Back
Top Bottom