How to meet the band....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Delphine

The Fly
Here is a good tip to meet the band....act calm and cool. If you freak out, they won't stay with the fans or come out to greet you at all. They always come to greet their fans as long as everyone remains calm and does not scream, etc. I know it is hard girls not to scream, but believe me, meeting them is worth it and you can scream your head off after they leave...believe me...you will!

Good luck to all those who go and try to meet the band. I hope everyone meets them. You can do it! It is not impossible. Just keep trying and go everywhere you can go where the band is and wait......You will meet them sooner or later.

Love and Peace......:)

It seems a lot of people get the chance to meet them when they are going in or out of rehearsals before a show.

How early do you have to be there to catch them? If the doors open at 6:30, what time would one want to get there to see them going in and out of rehearsals? :|

It has been different for each show.. in San Jose.. Bono came out after sound check.. I think that was around 5pm. But at some shows they greet fans when they get out of the car ... I guess I would maybe wait for them at about 2:30-3pm?
Hope that helps a little...good luck! :)

bonomofo said:
It has been different for each show.. in San Jose.. Bono came out after sound check.. I think that was around 5pm. But at some shows they greet fans when they get out of the car ... I guess I would maybe wait for them at about 2:30-3pm?
Hope that helps a little...good luck! :)

Thank you! My plan was to get to the arena in Pittsburgh around 1:30, so that will be perfect. Thanks again!

LADORA!

Yes you will meet him. Don't talk negative. If you really try and you want to meet Bono, then wait outside the hotel he is staying at and come early to one of the shows. He ALWAYS comes out to his fans. He is very appreciative of his life and his fans. He loves to come out and greet them. He is awesome like that! So, Good Luck. I have a feeling you will meet him soon.:wink: :wink:

I have five shows as well. The odds may look good, but I do not have a bit of luck in me at all.

What hotels do they normally stay at though???

:DI have been a fan since 1981.... I have seen them in concert a lot, but never have met them! I had one chance 1x, but fans would NOT behave...so Bono got mad and went straight into the hotel!! UGH:sad:I am hoping w/ concerts in chicago, I will get my chance to meet them!! :up:

I have five shows as well. The odds may look good, but I do not have a bit of luck in me at all.

What hotels do they normally stay at though???

Don't go to their hotels. That is invading their privacy and I'm pretty sure they reallllly don't like it so most likely they wont sign or anything.

get there around early afternoon - they generally arrive around 3 or 3pm for sound checks

Don't go to their hotels. That is invading their privacy and I'm pretty sure they reallllly don't like it so most likely they wont sign or anything.

Um...I don't know if this is really the case...caught them leaving for a sound check in UNSPECIFIED CITY--there were tons of fans around, and Bono was shaking and signing. Got an awesome picture of Adam. They didn't look to put off by the whole thing....:shrug:

there will be a lot of people everywhere during the soundchecks, before the concert, in the hotel also, everyone will be pushing, screeming, no way to have a picture, maybe only sign, remember they will be sleeping only in US ( in hotels ) and in a few cities where they have more then one concert in Europe like Amsterdam, Paris, London, Sweden, BCN

Most of the time where they stay is in the papers. I suggest to you and give the word out fans waiting to is to stay calm .

I've met them several times at their hotels in San Francisco, NY, Georgia, and LA and they were never put out by it. If they don't want to stop they don't, but often one of the security guys will come up and set the crowd up for their arrival, even telling the cool people when they are coming out.

Be calm. Act in an orderly fashion. No pushing or shoving. If you do these things, there are not too many people there and time isn't a huge issue, you have a good chance they will come out and sign.

If they don't, don't take it personal. They could be off to see family, band meetings before shows, pre-arranged interviews or they could be early at the venue but not stop because they are soundchecking a new song/song not played in a while. Also, if there are too many people and they feel it might be unsafe for anyone, they might not stop. Again, don't take it personal.

In most cases, they don't like to sign guitars and guitar pickguards. Don't be offended if they won't sign your guitar. It isn't personal but they know that many end up on ebay. They'd rather money for signed guitars go to One Campaign and Music Rising.

Many of us have seen the autograph dealers in action. They tend to hurt fans chances some. I've seen some autograph-hounds with a 1/2 dozen Stratocaster pickguards. They then pay folks money to try to get them to help get them signed. It isn't lost on band members what is going on. I've seen band members walk the line signing for fans but when they come to these folks say "I know you" and either go to the next actual fan or at times, leave and go inside. Not that one can do much about the autograph hounds other than not stand hear them as it will lower your chances at that brief moment to talk to a band member, get a piccy or autograph.

:(

I'll probably never get to meet them.

Never say never.

I friend of mine from Portugal, just before HTDAAB was about to come out, said that. I talked her outta that mindset.

Long story short?

She met them when they were taking photos in Portugal for the album. She met them again in NY and was brought onstage in Philly.

This can be U - 2!

Dream out loud

What Philly show was she onstage for? I was there. Was it the girl from 10/16?

Back
Top Bottom