How to meet the band....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any tips would be appreciated

Okay, I've been trying to meet the band since the Joshua Tree Tour and I always seem to be out of luck...... but oh so close.
Some of my past history attempts:

San Jose 2 Vertigo--Band drove by but didn't come out. They came out San Jose 1 though.

Hawaii Vertigo--missed sound check completely. Waited early day of the show but they came in during Pearl Jam(so I'm told)

Vegas 360 Sam Boyd--waited outside day before show, some guy said they'd sound check day of the show at 10am. Sounded wrong but we went anyway. Day of the show we got stuck in traffic on the strip and missed them again when Bono came out to greet.

I'm starting to think it's just not meant to happen.:sad:..I've got Anaheim 1 and 2 tickets. does anyone have any suggestions? I'm praying this will be "the time" :hyper:

I'm a young girl, can't go to concerts all alone and I think I'm a bigger fan than my parents so I don't think they want to go to the concert like 3 hours earlier to meet them..

And by the way, I would never EVER freak out in front of them, I hate it when (young) girls do that. :D

I don't know if this has been answered in this thread (I'm too lazy to check :wink: lol) but has anyone here that has met the band before a show for the 360 tour, what was the time you met them at? was there a certain time they showed up before sound check that they usually are consistent with at other shows??? I really really would like to meet them this time around!! :pray:

My friend meet Bono a few times. It was in DC and Vegas before the shows.

In Vegas is was around 4:30

cool! thanks, i've heard 4-4.30ish used when other fans have talked about meeting them. i plan on visiting the area with all the red trucks at this time at the show im going to lol =D

I've been thisclose to meeting Bono so many times, then one day I was in the right place at the right time. I never really tried, either. My advice would be not to put too much emphasis on it - leaves less room for disappointment. The band is relatively accessible to their fans, so if you hang out at a hotel or a soundcheck here or there, it's bound to happen. If it doesn't happen, at least you got to hang out with friends or make new friends along the way. Of course, it's especially exciting when it's unexpected. :D

Yes, I was about 45 min too late. As usual. :angry:

:hug:

^^Honestly, I think the band have seen a bazillion people with U2 tatoos, so I don't think it would make you stand out. But who knows? It's good way to send a message if you are in the front row of the show...but not sure if that will get you pulled up on stage.
??
There is a thread here that is all about U2 tatoos. I think it's in the EYKIW forum.
Have fun!

^^Honestly, I think the band have seen a bazillion people with U2 tatoos, so I don't think it would make you stand out. But who knows? It's good way to send a message if you are in the front row of the show...but not sure if that will get you pulled up on stage.
??
There is a thread here that is all about U2 tatoos. I think it's in the EYKIW forum.
Have fun!

If all it takes is a tattoo, I'll have no problem after November 25th.... :D

If all it takes is a tattoo, I'll have no problem after November 25th.... :D

You have to beat tattoo Dan first :giggle:, that man has the holy grail on his back,
when it comes to U2-themed tattoo's, super nice guy as well :

2whl64g.jpg

bonotattoodanbw.jpg

It would be awesome though, to make a sign, and have them see it & pull you on stage! Highly not possible for that to happen, but who knows!

Does Anyone Know since they like Montreal If I go at 6 in the morning to line up is there a good chance I know it might be difficult to say as we really do not know the type of entrances they will have , Im going to both shows, I have authentic autographs but they were never personally received and I would love to have an autograph in the flesh as it gives you a much better feeling thanks ..

Don't go to their hotels. That is invading their privacy and I'm pretty sure they reallllly don't like it so most likely they wont sign or anything.

Probably good advice now but certainly NOT in 1987 where myself and about 30 other fans hung out with them in the lobby of the Whitney Hotel in Minniapolis for at least half an hour!!!

Ughh, I feel so unlucky! I live no more than half an hour from each of them and have never met them or seen them other than at a show. Adam lives like pretty much down the road!! A lot of people come over here and actually find out where their houses are which is pretty weird...there's such a thing as privacy!! Hopefully I'll randomly bump into them one day. Wishful thinking :D x

I feel your pain because I've never met the band and can only dream about bumping into Bono, Adam, The Edge or Larry.

((HUGS))

Yes. If you remember to bring with you a packet of seeds, a bird whistle, dress in green or brown neutral colours and behave in a calm manner like the OP said, then it is possible for a lesser spotted member of U2 to approach you. Otherwise if you flap about, then you're likely to scare them off.

He is very appreciative of his life ....

... so in other words, if you wake up with any murderous tendencies, Bono would very much appreciate it if you stayed at home. You shouldn't meet the band if you have an urge to stab him like that singer from Keane.

^:lol::lol: Great advice! I will dress like a tree to attract darling Adam!

ps: love your hamster and his little paws

question: so if I'm in the GA line, I guess I have no hope of staking out the loading docks entrance from 4-6pm ish?

Last edited:
^:lol::lol: Great advice! I will dress like a tree to attract darling Adam!

ps: love your hamster and his little paws

question: so if I'm in the GA line, I guess I have no hope of staking out the loading docks entrance from 4-6pm ish?

Depends on several things, if there is a so called "line nazi" (its less worse than it sounds)
They will hand out numbers to the people in the order they enter line ,
usually with the first 500 people ish,
they usually do a line call each 2 hours (check if all the people are still there to reserve their seat in the line, if not , they get kicked out)
Line nazi's are extremely appreciated tough , becuase they kick out line jumpers , and it actually makes the whole GA procedure very smoothly.
But the thing is you need to be there pretty much the whole day,
So chances will be slim.

If there is no organisation at all I think your free to go anywhere you will,
but do keep some friends around to prove that you have been in line ,
and reserve your spot. People don't like it when it looks like someone is line jumping and stuff.

I hope that fourth times the charm! I'm going to the show at MSU tomorrow and I'm a nervous wreck..lol I want to get a picture with Bono and that's it. I can't wait for the show!:huh:

Back
Top Bottom