Hanover Quay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lanois stated in an article published today on LA Times website that he will be going back to Dublin to do some further work on the new U2 album soon, didn't say exactly when. Hopefully that means most of the band members will be there too as well as Brian Eno since he's done working for Coldplay from what I can tell.

Ryaner said:
Do you say that any of U2 will be there tomorrow??

It's possible, I don't know for sure. On second thought I guess Monday would perhaps suit them better since that is the start of the week.

We know that Lanois is heading back to Dublin shortly (see quote further down) and I guess someone in the band would be there as well. It would be rather strange otherwise. Bono is appearing on an American Idol charity event on April 9th so it's possible that he's away to participate in that the week(s) before it airs. Then again, it hasn't stopped the other three from doing some work on their own.

I'm going to Dublin myself pretty soon so I hope they are there for a few weeks at least.

light said:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-lanois29mar29,1,4929319.story

"Lanois is now off to Ireland to finish production on the new U2 album, which he promises is going to be something special. ("We're quite excited about it. Bono's singing like a bird.")

Last edited:
You see I live in Dublin and I was wondering if they'd be there tomorrow and what time I should go down to try and meet them hopefully when they were arriving! Any help:)

Ryaner said:
You see I live in Dublin and I was wondering if they'd be there tomorrow and what time I should go down to try and meet them hopefully when they were arriving! Any help:)

:|

A) We don't have crystal balls to see what the boys are doing and when precisely.

B) If you live in Dublin, you have a MASSIVE advantage over the majority of people here and the luxury of going to the studios far more often. For many of us, it is an impossible dream. Just take a chance and see what comes of it.

Last edited:
Dude you really sound impatient to me

but you live in dublin

WHY ask us if they're there??? WE live everywhere BUT dublin... how about you go there and see for yourself? Since you're in the same city I guess that's not very hard now is it? For sure you'd get a better chance of knowing they're in from your own experience than some wild guesses here!

Yes Ryaner, be our informant! :wave:

I live on the other side of the planet, and may never get the chance to see the boys at HQ (and probably not even Dublin for years), but you can bet your high-button shoes if I lived in Dublin I'd be all over that place!

Even if you don't see them there at first, you could keep going back to check from time to time - a luxury not many of us could boast. Take advantage of it!

See my problem is that me Im a big fan of U2 and I can go down anytime and hopeful meet them. ( Sorry if I sound big headed! ) But see the thing is its my son! He doesnt care about the autographs he just really wants to meet the band and when he found out that they were in Dublin he wanted to go down to try see them! See I was told that the only time they come out is when they arrive at around 1 and when their going home at around 12 midnight which for my son is bad news as hes in school Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and Fri till 3 o'clock and wouldn't be able to stay up that late on the school night! And see I doubt that U2 would come out at around 4-5 o'clock just because my son is in school! What am I to do?:sad: :(

Welcome to the world of trying to meet the guys. It's just simply a chance you have to take. There are people here who have tried for over 20 years before meeting any of them, and there are some who never get the timing right. All you can do is have patience. Even when they're in the studio there are absolutely no guarantees they'll come out and meet you, or that you'll even get a chance to talk to them. And, if you do get a chance to meet them, just remember to stay cool or you'll have them running in the opposite direction!

Also, it might pay to just keep your posts to this one thread. The mods aren't too big on having multiple threads for one situation. :wink:

I came from Dublin yesterday evening, I've been there for two weeks, I was working, not on holiday, so I didn't have much time to stay at the studios, but, of course, I visited HQ and I think they haven't been there since the week before Easter as I couldn't find anyone who had seen a movement at the studios and I didn't hear anything about any of them in the media.
I hope some of you will get luckier than me in the close future.

Any more word on when they'll vacate the Hanover Quay site? I'll be in Dublin in August & although the best case scenario would be to meet all or some of the band, at the very least I want to get a picture of me signing the wall. :drool: :drool: :drool:

I guess the chances that they're in Dublin in summer are very small. Usually, they are in Eze for the summer, where they are also recording. I hope we'll finally get some new beach clips this summer, they must be quite far into the recording process so let's hope to hear some new stuff.

Ryaner said:
See my problem is that me Im a big fan of U2 and I can go down anytime and hopeful meet them. ( Sorry if I sound big headed! )

Sorry, but if I was a big fan of U2 and lived in Dublin, I would've been to Hanover Quay long before now...what gives??

Are you for real...or just pulling our leg????

:eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Yes my friend met Bono today as well maybe you saw her Carolyn Dave and her two daughters she sent me a fab photo!!:wink: :drool:

All I know is all the band arrived at the studios between at 2 and 3 (I think that's right) my friends saw Larry and Edge arrive then BMan. A few minutes later Bono came out for a short meet and greet there where about 12 people there. Carolyn said it was a very nice experience as all the fans today where all very nice polite and helped each other to take photos which is just how it should be. I'm sure she will post her photos when she comes back if not on here then they will be on u2chat.com.:yes:

Yes we were talking to Carolyn and Dave from Manchester! She got her bag signed on the other side! She took some photos of us with Bono!! and Dave said he would send me them!

Ryaner said:
Yes we were talking to Carolyn and Dave from Manchester! She got her bag signed on the other side! She took some photos of us with Bono!! and Dave said he would send me them!

I'm sure she definately will !well done very pleased for all of you!:yes:

OMG the famous Live Aid Bag!!lol!!!:lol:

I wonder did anyone else come out? My son went to get his book signed on the inside page and he signed it and drew glasses on himself but as Bono was going in he called him over and said "give us a look at that book again!" he sign the cover this time and drew glasses on himself! My son was over the moon!

Im over the moon I met Bono! but gutted that I had to leave early! Could have probaly met the other lads!:( But I met and thats SUPER! for me!:wink:

I know how you feel mate, ive met them and it stays with you forever, Bono is awesome and with you being young as well that is something really cool to share with your mates:yes:

Ive met Bono:bono: :wink: !!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom