Got back from Dublin and oh yeah... MET BONO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kyra1 said:
Melissa-

I remember reading your story in this thread (way back in 2002!), and just now saw this again. Alas, I haven't been able to watch the video, but your description is very, er, evocative. (I mean that in a good way!) I am hoping that you are going to at least one concert on this tour, and wanted to wish you the best of luck on a third encounter with Bono. I also wanted to thank you (belatedly) for sharing your stories.

Maybe I'll see you in Montreal (if I can get tickets)!

no way Melpop are you allowed a third encounter with Bono, no fair I say,,, but enjoy the tour!

Not to mention, that if Bono ever decided to cheat, he would not be STUPID enough to do it "in piblic" ie use a cab or been seen in public--(ie NOT his own private car) with anyone. And he surely knows that anyone can easily sell their story to the media.

Last time I'll talk about this.

OKAY. YOU ALL NEED TO CHILL OUT. THE FACT IS THAT NONE OF US KNOWS BONO OR KNOWS WHAT HE HAS BEEN UP TO. I JUST TOLD YOU WHAT I HAVE HEARD. I NEVER SAID THAT HE DID NOT LOVE HIS WIFE, KIDS, ETC. BUT THE FACT IS THAT BONO IS A ROCK STAR. HE IS NOT AN ANGEL. AND, IF HE IS OPEN-MOUTH KISSING FANS IN HIS CAR LATE AT NIGHT AND PULLING THEM BACK INTO HIS CAR AND STARING AT THEM WITH INTESITY IN HIS EYES...I THINK KISSING OTHER WOMEN IS VERY INAPPROPRIATE AND IF YOU ALL BELIEVE HE KISSED MELISSA, WHICH I BELIEVE. YOU ARE ALL OBVIOUSLY IN "DELUSIONVILLE" IF YOU THINK HE IS NOT CAPABLE OF CHEATING. WAKE UP. HE IS A ROCK STAR! LISTEN, UNLESS YOU FOLLOW BONO 24/7 NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE! SO, STOP GETTING SO WORKED UP AND REMEMBER THAT EVERYONE HAS AN OPINION. :)

I guess my opinion that is if he kisses other women, he is a cheater!! That is my opinion and I am allowed it.

Wake up, people! I love Bono more than the next fan, but the fact is...he is only human and he is a rock star. :) I have the hugest respect for him, however, I believe that temptation gets the best of him every once in a while.

That does not mean that he does not love his wife, etc. It just makes him human! Believe it or not folks, Bono's crap smells like the rest of us. He is not God, he is HUMAN!!!

It is alright to post when Bono kisses people but it is not alright to assume other things. Sorry, but if my husband open-mouthed kissed any girl other than me, I would consider that cheating. But, that is just me. Others might not think so.

You've just totally ruined this thread by your constant rambling. Look at the forum rules much clearly next time. Ok?

Oh yea..here's a lesson:

This is the forum rules.

What is unacceptable in PLEBA? (and the rest of the forum)
Posting about the bands' "private parts" in any way will not be allowed. Any threads about the bands private parts, subtle or not, may be closed, and the author may receive a warning via pm or email.

Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed. Graphic sexual comments about the band in general will not be allowed. There is a level of decency and respect for the band we need to follow.

Last edited:
Delphine, you are more than welcome to have your thoughts and opinions, however, first, posting in all caps, isn't really neccessary is it? Secondly, there was no need to flood this thread with your replies, I'm sure you could have fit your response into one or two posts.
As for Bono, yes he is a rockstar, and yes there is temptation. As for cheating, it really depends on your definition. For most people, kissing other girls would be cheating, but Bono and Ali do live in extrodanary circumstances, and Bono is someone who likes to be friendly and close to people (hug them, hold their hand, etc). But it is just that, friendly, platonic, and maybe a hint of his rockstar persona too.Personally, I don't think Bono has cheated..maybe he's been tempted, even come close, but he is far too devoted to Ali..jus look at them together. It's hard to miss.
</ramble>
Thanks.

Just wanted to bring this thread back to the subject it should be about... Mel, that story is amazing! (As evidenced by the fact that it's still on the first page after all this time.)

It's funny, I was in Dublin later that summer. We did a tiny bit of U2 touring, but didn't hang out outside the studio or anything because I figured the chances of them being there when they weren't recording anything (at least that I was aware of -- looking back, maybe they were working on the Best Of?) weren't too good. Funny how you hit them in what I'd think of as an off time and came away with the story of a lifetime. Congrats! And don't let anyone's hijacking of this thread for their own little debate about the meaning of a kiss get to you.

Hmmm... totally late for this as I had not popped in on this thread recently. Delphine... your behavior in this thread is really uncalled for... I believe U2Girl1978 has kindly pointed you toward the FAQ/Rules...

Moreover, some things are not listed there but standard netiquette "rules" would indicate that writing in all caps, "flooding" a thread, etc. are really not that great either... :|

I just had to say something, the ending of this thread got a bit under my skin. Who are we to judge other peoples lives or family...the band or any poster on this board. I think everyone here including the band deserves our respect. What anyone does in their private life is none of my business. I think this subject hit a bit close to home for me since I've had other people judging my marriage and its not cool at all.

Congrats to all the girls who've had the chance to meet any of the guys. Please continue to post your great stories. They always make me smile.

Love and Peace. ;)

HOLY CRAP MELISSA!!!!!!!
I just read this [late I know]
But you are just about the LUCKIEST person in the world, first off..you met ALL of U2 and Bono kissed you..and YOU drove in HIS car. I wouldn't be able to sleep either :drool: :drool: :drool:
Ohh! And favor..can you repost the pictures [ they arent available now]

Just read your story Melpop and I too am hyperventilating! So much jealousy in my heart right now - and Im male!

:combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust:

oh mama.
:drool:

congrats on your freakin awesome meet with bono.
omgggg......
you are so lucky...
i saw your pics too..

:shocked: :combust: :combust: :drool:

give me a second while i wipe the drool from my face... :drool:

Talk about having some major jealousy right now! :| . Ahhhhhhhh I can't believe you got to sit in Bono's car let alone kiss him for so long! I would die of pure happiest right there, :drool: . I soooooooo need your luck with meeting him! lol. Im very happy for you though :). The pictures were great!

Last edited:
Holy crap I just read thru this thread and I can't believe it...how could a girl get so lucky? Not once...but twice????????? How do you freakin' LIVE after something like that happens to you? Unbelievable. Your pictures are so incredible too!

:drool: :ohmy::huh: :( :p :shocked: :bow: :hyper: :combust: :dancing:

I have done all of these things as I read your post Mel. I have no words right now as to that that that that that *dies*

OGHDOSGHDSOI!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

In my wildest dreams I would have put my tongue in his mouth and just made out with him...I'm sure Ali wouldn't mind. God I think he was having a moment because you LUCKY GIRL YOU LOOK JUST LIKE ALI!!

Omg. I just had shivers, and one of my goosebumps burst reading both the car story and your rolling on stage with Bono one *SCREAMS* I can't believe you have TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah MAN!! CONGRATS!!! YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED BY THE B-MAN!

and someone up there definetely likes you..and evidently not me! LOL!

I still have not been able to see the video! Everytime someone posts it, and I try the link I get 'File Not Found' or expired or some other negative message.

Someone, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post another link or even email me the file. I don't know how much longer I can go without seeing this vid!!!!:crazy:

I know I'm a bit late to post here... I heard of the roll from my friends at another site... and I love your stories... I wondered, do/did you have tickets for this tour? and maybe had a new moment onstage??? heheh just veeeery curious about it ^^

Galeongirl said:
I know I'm a bit late to post here... I heard of the roll from my friends at another site... and I love your stories... I wondered, do/did you have tickets for this tour? and maybe had a new moment onstage??? heheh just veeeery curious about it ^^

I'm from Montreal and U2 hasn't been here yet. I do have tickets for the show (but just the first one, coz it the second one sold out too fast). I got golden circle tickets... I couldn't wait in line this time around... it's too cold in late November here and my boyfriend isn't insane enough to wait all that time with me.

So, if a Montreal girl get a chance to get up onstage, it definitely won't be me. I certainly wouldn't mind going up again, but I think I would just be pushing my luck!

Back
Top Bottom