Got back from Dublin and oh yeah... MET BONO!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MY.GOD. :faint:
Two & a half years AFTER this story happened & I can still feel the excitement, disbelief & jealousy this thread created!! :lol:

Wonder what became of melpop? Maybe she just stopped to REALLY consider her damn wonderful luck one day & spontaneously combusted? :combust: :wink:

My husband & I are planning the honeymoon we never had for our 15th anniversary in 2 years - we're going to Ireland. (Do you think there might be an ulterior motive there on my part??? :sexywink: ) Funny thing is, I've been telling him for some time now that I can easily see myself getting to Dublin and NEVER wanting to come back to the States! After a story like melpop's that's even MORE of a possiblitiy now. :lol: Oh well - time will tell, won't it? :up:

Melpop - if you're still out there lurking - my hat's off to ya' girl!! You are definately (still!!) the PLEBANs Fantasy Poster Girl. :happy:

:drool: :ohmy: I don't know you, and I'm not an official PLEBAan, but damn, that story-- got my tummy in knots, laughing out loud and almost "feeling" what you must've! You are indeed lucky--to kiss Bono,now that would be the ultimate experience!!! I WISH!!!
I feel so envious and jealous and I almost feel like not coming here anymore because I don't want to hear about all these girl's experiences that I may never have!! I totally missed an opportunity to meet the band in '97 'cos I was tired and didn't want to wait outside the hotel until who knows how long (some fan huh?) and I could kick myself 'cos in the paper the next day was the story of how they arrived and met with fans, took pics, etc. and I Missed It-- WAAAAAHHHH!! So I really feel this tour may be my last chance and if they come to Edmonton, even if I have to drag my two young children to the airport, to camp for tickets, or outside their hotel, I WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MEET BONO!!!!!! (I've loved him for seventeen years!!!)

Melpop, you are one lucky gal!!

BluRm, ditto to the honeymoon in Ireland idea! I always fantasize about meeting a really great guy and him asking where I'd like to go for our honeymoon and I would say, Dublin and 'cos he would be a really great guy and be understanding of my obsession with U2, would say no problem!!

Last edited:
you really have the luck of the Irish Melbop!
I wish i had been there,too.....If it'd been me, i would've definitely gone CRAZY!!!
Good luck on and on, stay well!

Night
:drool: :shocked: :bow:

I can't even believe this story. Melissa gets an award for the luckiest girl alive. I am all worked up now after reading this story. If's official - next time they're in Toronto, I am camping in front of the hotel if i have to but I am meeting that man.....
:drool:

I think I have the pic of her in the car, unless it was on my old PC :(

Where are you Melissa? Come back!

BGD75 said:
I can't even believe this story. Melissa gets an award for the luckiest girl alive. I am all worked up now after reading this story. If's official - next time they're in Toronto, I am camping in front of the hotel if i have to but I am meeting that man.....
:drool:

Wanna set a date? :sexywink:

Melissa..
Did you happen to subscribe to the old Propaganda, and echange snail letters with 2 people..a girl named Emily B. from Connecticut, and one named Tina a bit older, from New York? we were all three big Live fans as well, and shared tour diaries? And you told me a story, right during Popmart, of Bono's,,um..reaction during a show where he sang "pride"? And Ed Kowalski and the guys stared at you during one of their soundchecks? And you were in a journalism program at colege when we lost contact right bwfore Elevation.

You sent me a picture and I told you you looked remarkably like Ali.
IF this is you..SON OF A GUN. I'd love to get back in touch!

Teta040 said:
Melissa..
Did you happen to subscribe to the old Propaganda, and echange snail letters with 2 people..a girl named Emily B. from Connecticut, and one named Tina a bit older, from New York? we were all three big Live fans as well, and shared tour diaries? And you told me a story, right during Popmart, of Bono's,,um..reaction during a show where he sang "pride"? And Ed Kowalski and the guys stared at you during one of their soundchecks? And you were in a journalism program at colege when we lost contact right bwfore Elevation.

You sent me a picture and I told you you looked remarkably like Ali.
IF this is you..SON OF A GUN. I'd love to get back in touch!

Erm... I was subscribed to Propaganda, but I've never been in contact with any other members by snail mail. So... I guess it's not me.

so i'm posting *years* after this story happened, but I have to say: gggggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeezua what a phenomenal experience. Can't IMAGINE how I'd react in that situation but it's fun to ponder. You go, you lucky girl!

Yo Mel, Why did he pull you back into your seat. I mean that what he did right??? He actually pulled you back, and said nothing?? Weird. What did he mean by it all???

banjo said:
Yo Mel, Why did he pull you back into your seat. I mean that what he did right??? He actually pulled you back, and said nothing?? Weird. What did he mean by it all???

I don't know what he meant by it... I always found it pretty strange. But, maybe it meant nothing at all.. I guess I'll never know.

I actually have a theory, Melpop.

*ahem*

Your visit 2 years later, or whatever the time length was, must have astonished him and have been a singular ocurrence for him. It must have worked magical wonders on his male ego that day. (If his male ego needed any more..um, pumping up:). His regular ego, we all know about.)

("WOW. We did nothing but what we did, and only for a few moments, yet whatever lovers she may have had in all this time, what I did to her was still special enough that she had to come back and ask for more. I wonder if she's ever done this with any other of her old flames. I'm better than I thought!")

When he grabbed you and pulled you back, and burned you with his eyes, in the heat of the inflated male egotism of the moment, or whatever he must have been feeling when he knew who you were, he must have been trying to "imprint" you with his eyes, so you'd never forget this moment...or to will you to have you come back for even more.....(a male ego thing!) that, or it was just a magical form of goodbye. You know, "I've shared something with you that I haven't with any other fan" (can we hope, Mel?) "and now it must be goodbye." Who knows maybe he's done this type of stuff with Ali just before a long parting. Maybe he "burns" her with his eyes, before he turns to walk away. All he can do, in public--the FINAL goodbye, before we meet again.When you're in front of the kids, it's all you can do. I've had a man do this to me.

Only, of course, there won't be an "again" for you, being just a fan.

(Geez, I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it. If only this were possible with Edge...but of course it isn't....:( )

Last edited:
Teta040 said:
I actually have a theory, Melpop.

*ahem*

Your visit 2 years later, or whatever the time length was, must have astonished him and have been a singular ocurrence for him. It must have worked magical wonders on his male ego that day. (If his male ego needed any more..um, pumping up:). His regular ego, we all know about.)

("WOW. We did nothing but what we did, and only for a few moments, yet whatever lovers she may have had in all this time, what I did to her was still special enough that she had to come back and ask for more. I wonder if she's ever done this with any other of her old flames. I'm better than I thought!")

When he grabbed you and pulled you back, and burned you with his eyes, in the heat of the inflated male egotism of the moment, or whatever he must have been feeling when he knew who you were, he must have been trying to "imprint" you with his eyes, so you'd never forget this moment...or to will you to have you come back for even more.....(a male ego thing!) that, or it was just a magical form of goodbye. You know, "I've shared something with you that I haven't with any other fan" (can we hope, Mel?) "and now it must be goodbye." Who knows maybe he's done this type of stuff with Ali just before a long parting. Maybe he "burns" her with his eyes, before he turns to walk away. All he can do, in public--the FINAL goodbye, before we meet again.When you're in front of the kids, it's all you can do. I've had a man do this to me.

Only, of course, there won't be an "again" for you, being just a fan.

(Geez, I'm getting teary-eyed just thinking about it. If only this were possible with Edge...but of course it isn't....:( )

Well that is possible... anyway, one thing is for sure, the burning process worked :drool:

I've never met the man :( but I love reading the stories of people who have, and I've noticed a few occasions where Bono just silently stares and smiles at people. Yours is probably the most memorable instance, Melpop. :drool: I'll quote eep and dream chaser from an earlier thread in this forum:

dream chaser said:

Quote: Originally posted by eep
As I left he kind of looked at me as if he knew me. All I said was “thanks Bono” and he just kept looking and smiling.

He used to do that to me all the freaken time... Back in August of 1992 -- this is after having met him the first time in March of that same year -- I had hung out nearly every day at their damn hotel in Boston & one late night -- must've been round 1 am or so -- he came out to greet only a handful of us crazy all-nighter fans and he chatted with a couple gals, signing & doing pics and when he got to me I, oh I can't recall what all I said, most likely something akin to "Great show tonight, Bono!" and he just stood there and stared and I was like, Oh not again... Eeek. His gaze, under the soft yellowish lighting from the hotel, pierced my soul and I got kinda nervous, but then he just grabbed hold of my hand and leaned forward, sort of resting against this railing the hotel security had put up. Well, for some reason his holding my hand just completely calmed me & I started rambling on about art, politics, going to college, life, advice, and so on... Well, we just ended up chatting for like, I think about 30 minutes or so... 'Twas wonderful... He's such a sweet man.

Perhaps this suggests a solution to the question of what's going on in Bono's mind when he does this sort of thing? :eyebrow:

Video of you rolling around with Bono in Montreal

Oh MY God! I totally believe your story about the car. He does things like that. I actually met him and just hugged him. I would have died for a kiss. Anyway, can you send me the link to the video of you dry humping Bono on stage? I tried to open it many times, but I can't. I need to see this. I love Bono!!!! Thanks.

Ooops!

My email address is delphinecallahan@comcast.net. Please send the link to the video of you and Bono in MOntreal. Thanks. I met Bono last year in Dublin in front of the studio. He is gorgeous and very nice. He signed a pic of him the bathtub for me. You know the one with him in the bubble bath smoking and drinking champagne? He liked this picture and asked me if I blew it up and I said no, it was from a calendar but every girl who sees this in my apartment loves this picture. He smiled and then gave me a huge bear hug.!!! I love him!

Bono pulling Mel back into the Car!

I think he did it because he wanted you! He wanted more kisses with you. We all love Bono and I was told by many cab drivers in Dublin that he is not faithful to Ali. Sad but true but lucky for all of us! Anyway, he pulled you back to see if you would make another move. You should have hoped on him! :)

Re: Bono pulling Mel back into the Car!

Delphine said:
I think he did it because he wanted you! He wanted more kisses with you. We all love Bono and I was told by many cab drivers in Dublin that he is not faithful to Ali. Sad but true but lucky for all of us! Anyway, he pulled you back to see if you would make another move. You should have hoped on him! :)

Maybe you should make yourself acquainted with the forum rules and stop posting about someone's faithfulness. WTF...:|

Melissa-

I remember reading your story in this thread (way back in 2002!), and just now saw this again. Alas, I haven't been able to watch the video, but your description is very, er, evocative. (I mean that in a good way!) I am hoping that you are going to at least one concert on this tour, and wanted to wish you the best of luck on a third encounter with Bono. I also wanted to thank you (belatedly) for sharing your stories.

Maybe I'll see you in Montreal (if I can get tickets)!

For Gods sake.
It is so obvious that Paul Hewson is so in love with his wife, and he appreciates what luck he has had in meeting her, and having healthy children together. If anyone believes that he cheated on Ali, or did this that or the other,from a Dublin taxi driver, well cop the fuck on for heavens sake.
As u2girl1978 says What the Flip!?"?!?

bono is bono, he is human, he is a husband and a father, and from the word around Dublin, he is good at both those jobs, or at least, as good as any ordinary guy who is not a millionaire, so please do your brain a favour and be realistic, do not listen to random rumours from taxi drivers in Dublin.
thanks.

alibee said:
For Gods sake.
It is so obvious that Paul Hewson is so in love with his wife, and he appreciates what luck he has had in meeting her, and having healthy children together. If anyone believes that he cheated on Ali, or did this that or the other,from a Dublin taxi driver, well cop the fuck on for heavens sake.
As u2girl1978 says What the Flip!?"?!?

bono is bono, he is human, he is a husband and a father, and from the word around Dublin, he is good at both those jobs, or at least, as good as any ordinary guy who is not a millionaire, so please do your brain a favour and be realistic, do not listen to random rumours from taxi drivers in Dublin.
thanks.

Thanks...for a minute there I thought you were yelling at me! lol

Back
Top Bottom