DUBLIN last week: met BONO and EDGE !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
teenie said:
I saw in your profile, Bonolady, that you got a letter from Bono? What was that all about?!?!:combust:
Tell us briefly or send me the link..Id love to know!:wink:

yep.......me too, care to share?

Congratulations! That's is so exciting!
I know I would be petrified and frozen if I ever crossed paths with him. I don't like to intrude on them either; it must feel strange to see them in a different environment where they are not in the direct "public" eye, when it's not clear if you should approach them or not. That's so great he goes out on the town with his friends and can be left alone pretty much! Good for you!
Yes, you must give us details on travel to Dublin. And that letter from Bono?? You have peaked my curiosity big time too, but understand if you don't want to share! :ohmy:

I'm confused, maybe you can explain this more. ??:huh:
Do I have this right? Bono wrote you a letter saying that he isn't allowed to send fans letters? :eyebrow:
That doesn't make sense, maybe he was hung over or something. :) :ohmy:
That's cool though, at least you got a letter from him. :huh:

^ I think it was either a joke on his part, or else he really did want to respond and he really couldn't so, so he just sent her the note to let her know he got her letter. Either way, it's cool!! I had read that post way back when but totally forgot about it, so I'm glad it got brought up again. :up:

Thankyou for the link Bonolady! I dont blameyou for wanting to keep the contents private.Lucky you!I love hearing stories like this:wink:

Jeannieco said:
I'm confused, maybe you can explain this more. ??:huh:
Do I have this right? Bono wrote you a letter saying that he isn't allowed to send fans letters? :eyebrow:
That doesn't make sense, maybe he was hung over or something. :) :ohmy:
That's cool though, at least you got a letter from him. :huh:

If people believe it or not, I don't care at all. The letter is in my hallway and is very very special to me !!!!

I met him 4 the first time in Dublin, me and Angel spend half an hour with him, 3 months later I met him again in France, he pointed at me and I saw that he recogized me from Dublin. The day before I met him in France, I put the letter in his mailbox. I also encluded a pic from our meeting in Dublin. He must have recognized me again. And i think that he wrote me back because of that. He wanted to give me something back as he read the letter and saw the picture..... that's my story :)

bonolady said:

If people believe it or not, I don't care at all. The letter is in my hallway and is very very special to me !!!!

I met him 4 the first time in Dublin, me and Angel spend half an hour with him, 3 months later I met him again in France, he pointed at me and I saw that he recogized me from Dublin. The day before I met him in France, I put the letter in his mailbox. I also encluded a pic from our meeting in Dublin. He must have recognized me again. And i think that he wrote me back because of that. He wanted to give me something back as he read the letter and saw the picture..... that's my story :)

I believe you! I just thought that was funny/ironic.

Very cool. You have been blessed!
:)

Forgot to ask, so do you have story posted here somewhere of your first Dublin meeting with him that lasted a 1/2 hr? That must have been amazing to spend so much time with him! Do you care the share that story too? :)

Last edited:
wow its Fantastic you got a letter from bono.
Does bono mean him and band are not allowed send back fan letters?

Congrats to you both you lucky things!
And a big pat on the back for not disturbing him in Lillies.

God, I need to get over to Dubs!!!!

Lucky Girls! I was in Dublin in October - ran into Gavin at the train station near Bono's house - he was really nice! Would have liked to run into Bono as well!

Jeannieco said:

I believe you! I just thought that was funny/ironic.

Very cool. You have been blessed!
:)

Forgot to ask, so do you have story posted here somewhere of your first Dublin meeting with him that lasted a 1/2 hr? That must have been amazing to spend so much time with him! Do you care the share that story too? :)

You can read it on page 10 in this thread, band meetings and sightings, it's called finally our story..... started by Angel of Dublin

i can't believe your luck! for some strange reason i always feel better when i know where Bono is. i'm so jealous, but happy 4 U. What an amazing story, especially the part about the "One" karaoke.

seajewel said:
Lucky Girls! I was in Dublin in October - ran into Gavin at the train station near Bono's house - he was really nice! Would have liked to run into Bono as well!

I thought he would have enough money by now to buy a car..:wink:

Back
Top Bottom