Dreams do come True!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesiresFire27

The Fly
Finally after years of wanting to meet the Man... It finally happened on Sept 8th 2011 at Toronto Film Festival!!! I was at the Elgin, waiting and I met the Director of the movie, I met Edge and told him I loved his vest...and then there was Bono before me...but hold on, the guy to my left has my dvd cover in his hand! By the time I get it back Bono's on the other side and then in the door. I started crying.... So close but so far away! I was on the verge of giving up on ever meeting him, when he came out the door again after the intro'd the movie...he got in his vehicle...and I was like I'm going to try something I would never try for any other famous person ever, I'm going past the metal bars! I had a look of sadness on my face when I approached his vehicle, he rolled down the window and said Hello Sweetheart!! And then all of sudden my left hand was in his and he was squeezing it and talking to me,making me feel like the only person in the universe at that moment. I told him I've been trying to meet you for so long!! And he said "Why haven't you then?" (how cute is that, and how very Bono!) I told him how I'd tried. He got my dvd cover and then was looking around cause I didn't have a sharpe, a lady showed up and presented him with one, he asked what my name was and put to Kristie <3 Bono! I asked him for a photo (cause in truth that's all I've ever wanted, as well as to give him a peck on the cheek) but they had to leave to hit the other premiere so they left. Also I was interviewed by CityTV about why I like Bono and the boys I have the grey and black shirt on and the black hair..I'm the girl talking with her hands..lol

On another occasion a day later I was able to get a letter and bracelet to him. And I saw him one final time. I asked for a photo, but then talked about the card, he held my right hand with both of his and looked me in the eyes!.....What was I saying?:love:
Oh...yeah...someone said he spent more time with me then anyone else that day, but I still didn't get a photo. Someday I hope to get a photo. And maybe I'll have my wits about me to give him a hug and a peck on the cheek.

I also so U2 Brother on the screen at Roy Thompson Hall, and on the telly!! Great job U2 Brother!!! We crossed boarders to support the boys!

Wow, lucky girl, no need to be sad anymore eh :love: Congrats!!
I hope one day to be as lucky as yourself ;)

But I was wondering, didn't they stay to view the movie as well ?? (you said they had to leave for another premiere)
If I'm not mistaken, I saw a youtube clip with Elizabeth Shue (director's wife) and she said she sat next to Bono and he smiled (or was it really laughing) several times during the film.

On another note, Elizabeth is clearly not a U2 fan cus she didn't get the 'Better than the real thing' reference the interviewer made :shifty:
I hope her husband is a bigger fan :D

Way to go, DF27! :up: I'm still hopeful that I'll get a proper meeting before they retire from public life. :pray: (I got Bono's autograph in 2005, but the crowd was getting too out of hand for me to do anything more than say "thank you" & move on. :shrug: )

Way to go, DF27! :up: I'm still hopeful that I'll get a proper meeting before they retire from public life. :pray: (I got Bono's autograph in 2005, but the crowd was getting too out of hand for me to do anything more than say "thank you" & move on. :shrug: )

Congrats to the OP! You scoped out a quieter moment to have your chance with Bono!

Blurmgrl, don't say that! They still have an album promo tour and next tour on the cards at least. It would really be golden to meet them in a quieter setting. Paps and barricades and policemen... *shakes head*

I also so U2 Brother on the screen at Roy Thompson Hall, and on the telly!! Great job U2 Brother!!! We crossed boarders to support the boys!

Hope you enjoyed my city of Toronto.....my country called Canada :)

Very glad you got to meet Bono. Great story. Bono and I had a great interaction at Roy Thompson Hall....but that's another story.

Congrats!

Thanks again guys :) Well Gretty the first veiwing was at Elgin at an earlier time and then Roy Thompson's veiwing was right after that. At the Elgin they came in the back and left the same way. And at Roy Thompson they went in the front did the press tent, and then watched the whole movie that's when Elizabeth was next to him I think.

If you want to meet Bono it will happen one day! I had tried on numerous occasions, and every single time I missed out, or had about two close calls...until this year. So Don't give up! :up:

Mark I love Toronto it's like a second home to me :) I attend the film festival there every year, and when it's time for me to go home, I want to cry. Toronto is filled with so much culture, so many things to see and do, and it really comes to life when the festivals going on. When the guys are back on tour I'll make it a point to see them in Toronto again. I want to hang out with you, and maybe sport some light up devil's horns and some red lipstick..hoping the B Man will pick me to dance with him, or sing part of a song...lol:hyper:

I've posted photos from the first day...the one is of the back of my head and Bono in the SUV..lol All photos were taken by Chris P.

57770-albums349-picture2757.jpg

Bono and my head..lol

57770-albums349-picture2759.jpg

Bono 1

57770-albums349-picture2758.jpg

Bono 2, his left eye looks kinda funky

All pictures taken by Chris P.

I'll post the ones of the Edge in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom