Died and gone to Heaven: Meeting Bono and Edge 21/05/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:eek:hmy : Wow, he pulled you right into him, didn't he?? :sexywink : What an amazing picture! THAT was worth the wait! :drool :

SO extremely thrilled for you!! :hug :

Yeah he pulled me in alright. I was like. :combust:
Sorry but have to say this look at his thick Irish fingers :faint:

I should have known you would come out with that. :lmao::silent:

Awesome picture, now will that be wallet size or wall mural? :lol:

And who cares where he's looking, his hands are on you!!!

Wallet size and Mural. :lmao: Gonna get it blown up as big as possible with out becoming distorted.

Very true. I nearly combusted when he put his arm round me and grabbed me. :drool:

:hyper :JEM!!!!!!!!!!!:hyper :

Sweet holy joe from kmart girlie!!! You got a bono squeeze!!!
You have been pressed against the body of Bono.
And have pictorial evidence!

And you and Edge look adorable in the pic! :cute :

OMG! I am so frickin happy for you!!!
:hyper :

:lemonlove:!!

Way to go girl!!! :hi5 :

:lemon:love: Thanks. My hairs all :crazy: in the Edge pic but the actual pic is sweet.
: and that huuge hand on yoru shoulder... nice job there!

:love : omg Edgesmilez! dang he's cute!

Congrats Jem!!

Really looking fab there, both of you : ) :camera :

And I agree with GG, Bono looks very tall (you must be petite) next to you, must make him feel 'great' :lol :

:lol: Yes im tiny. 5'3". So i make him look very tall. :lol:

Awwwww, cute pictures, thanks for sharing! You look soooo tiny, Bono looks so tall beside you. And so protective, I just love the way he's holding you. CONGRATS!!!!! :love :

I like that protective. :cute: He was so sweet. :love: Well worth the wait as VP said.

:up: Way to go, BIH & congratulations! :camera : :combust :

I'm just hoping they'll be around mid- to late August when I'm there. :pray : Tell me, is it very difficult to find HQ?

Email me and i will send you some info on how to get there. Its not to hard to find if you stick to the bigger roads. :)

MissMacphisto83@yahoo.co.uk

Some of the multiquotes didn't work. :grumpy:

:shifty: wonder if the name Jem will appear in the lyrics on the new album....:giggle:

:giggle: That would make me :combust:

Wow, Congrats!! I'm travelling to Ireland tomorrow. I hope I have your same luck! :D

Good luck RavenBlue. :hug:

Thanks to everyone for the congrats. Plebans. :love:

Heres some more pics.

P1000218.jpg

P1000216.jpg

P1000217.jpg

P1000219.jpg

thank you, bih :kiss:

Call me Jem. :)

I can't wait to see what other ones turn up from other people who were there. :hyper: Also i exchanged email with a spanish girl who was there as her husband filmed the conversation with Bono on thursday morning and got Bono asking my name. :faint:

They're still in Dublin i think though at the moment. Just need to be patient. :hyper:

Heres my Joshua Tree book signed by B & E!

P1000260.jpg

and the setlist from Toronto. :love: I'd been carrying this around for so long i though it was gonna drop to bits at one point. :uhoh::lol: Note all the creases in it.

P1000261-1.jpg

Bonos signature. He wrote "Bono 2005/2008"

:lol: Probably as its taken so long to get it signed.

P1000264.jpg

Thats all my pics guys. Of the band anyway. If i come across any other pics from that day and when i get emailed pics when people get home then I will post them.

Last edited:
What an awesome experience Jem, and for sharing it with us...so we can drool at your luck :drool::drool: Bono looks so protective of you and so nice of Edge to sign even though he looks REALLY tired! You look great, not tired. You have that "BONO'S GOT HIS ARM AROUND ME, I'VE FORGOTTEN HOW TIRED I AM, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS" look. Talk about adrenaline flowing. These guys really get the adrenaline pumping, don't they?

No Larry sightings??? Not even a drive-by??

Congratulations, it is an amazing feeling huh....youwill be on a high for such a long time,,,I met them in Dublin last September, and they were so nice, friendly and Bono is a total gentleman....he used to know my guitar teacher Gerry from Dublin....how wild....Soak up all the feeling....its a dream come true...i am thrilled for you...xxx:love:

:camera::love:Wow!! Congrads you finally met Bono!!! I am so happy for you! So...does this mean you are going to change you screen name now? LOL...just teasin'!:giggle:;)

It's all the excitement :hug :

Don't expect to come down from your high anytime soon

I haven't been the same since March :giggle :

:giggle: All day at work. Todays my week anniversary. :blahblah:

NICE pictures, Jem! :up :

I especially like the ones of Bono without his cap, he's gorgeous!

He looked amazing. :drool:

You have that "BONO'S GOT HIS ARM AROUND ME, I'VE FORGOTTEN HOW TIRED I AM, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS" look. Talk about adrenaline flowing. These guys really get the adrenaline pumping, don't they?

No Larry sightings??? Not even a drive-by??

Yeah i certainly had the adrenaline going. I wasnn't tired as soon as i had met Bono. :giggle:

Larry drove in and out so yeah a drive by in and out of the studio. :giggle:

:camera ::love:Wow!! Congrads you finally met Bono!!! I am so happy for you! So...does this mean you are going to change you screen name now? LOL...just teasin'!:giggle:; )

:giggle: My poor misunderstood screenname. :wink:

Thanks everyone. Still can't believe it. I have more pics.

Back
Top Bottom