Died and gone to Heaven: Meeting Bono and Edge 21/05/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks to everyone for the congrats. :hug: Sorry the pics took so long, my flight got delayed which meant i had to get a later train home. :grumpy:

Am just waiting for the pic to transfer to my computer. Then i will upload the ones with Bono and Edge. The rest of the pics of Bono and Edge will have to go up tommorow. Im so tired.

so happy for you jem!!!! FINALLY!! now it's my turn :evil : :laugh :

can't wait for the pictures!

I hope you get a change next tour. :kiss:

:shifty : heh, so Bono commented that you were wet eh.....

: wink:

:lmao: I was waiting for someone to bring this up. I think he meant everyone in general but your thinking is way funnier.

GAK! That's awesome Jem. Glad you waited, eh? And cool that they signed and talked to everyone there. Can't wait to see the pics after you get some sleep - HOW do you sleep after that?!?!?!

I was really tired so slept well. Until someone came into the dorm at 4am and switched all the lights on and banged about. :mad:

:ohmy: he wants to remember you!

:ohmy: I think he was just being chatty. Although i was the only one he asked.

:silent : I swear Bono knows when there's a Pleba girl about after what he said above and what he said to me - such a pervert :tsk :

I love the way he says "SURE" and wraps his arm around you :drool:

:lmao: @ pervert.

The sure think. OMG! :combust:

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! :hyper : :hyper :

Did you get my text? Did you read about how my phone was dead in my purse and I had to charge it to get your texts? :reject : :lol :

SO happy for you! :hug :

Um...pictures?? *tapsfoot*

:lol: Sorry yeah i got your text back. i forgot to reply to that one. Its fine, i knew you'd find out on here if you didnt see you phone.

Just a litle fact for you Jem, you always met Edge on 21st :lol :

21 September 2005, 21 September 2006, 21st May 2008 :nerd :

Must be my lucky number. :wink:

Congrats, Jem!!!! :yippie:

Do you know how long they will be in Dublin for? :hmm:

Not sure im afraid. I forgot to ask the band and sam wasn't about much to ask. :reject:

Id hope until the end of May. The kids break up from school at the end of may apparently. The earlier you go the better thought id guess if youre thinking of it, better chance then.

:shifty:

Heres my Bono pic. Excuse the huge dark circles under my eyes. :lmao: Hes not looking at the right camera but who cares!!!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

P1000215.jpg

ETA on closer inspection i look terrible on it but i at least have a big grin on my face showig how happy i was. :love:

Last edited:
:yippie: Jem!! This is so exciting!! Wild was texting me with your updates as they happened.....Awesome, awesome news!!!

:shifty: wonder if the name Jem will appear in the lyrics on the new album....:giggle:

Heres my Bono pic. Excuse the huge dark circles under my eyes. :lmao: Hes not looking at the right camera but who cares!!!

P1000215.jpg

ETA on closer inspection i look terrible on it but i at least have a big grin on my face showig how happy i was. :love:

:love: You don't look horrible!! You look like you're being squeezed by one of the hottest men on the planet!! :drool:

OMG you got a Bonosqueeze!!!! :faint:

:ohmy: Edge likes that shirt doesn't he!!

Is he blushing or is the cold getting to his cheeks??? :cute:

I'm sooooooooooo happy for you Jem!! :hug:

P1000215.jpg

:ohmy: Wow, he pulled you right into him, didn't he?? :sexywink: What an amazing picture! THAT was worth the wait! :drool:

SO extremely thrilled for you!! :hug:

:drool:

P1000215.jpg

You look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy :love:

Sorry but have to say this look at his thick Irish fingers :faint:

P1000215.jpg

:cute: aww what a GREAT pic!

:ohmy: and his hand looks HUGE on your little self :giggle: :drool:

^ I was about to say the same thing about his hands!!!!
Jem, you look super happy! Cute pics! I'm so happy for you!

Edge looks :yawn: . nice that he stopped anyway, unlike a certain drummer we know...

P1000215.jpg

:giggle: I just noticed, look how tall he is! :cute: and that huuge hand on yoru shoulder... nice job there!

:love: omg Edgesmilez! dang he's cute!

I asked him if he could sign a setlist i got from Toronto. I told him i'd been carrying it round for 2 1/2 years in an attempt to get in signed. :lol: He asked me which show it was and i was like Toronto 4, the last one you did there. I told him it was amazing.

He said no problem. He signed it and opened the JT reissue booklet i gave him to lean on. He started talking about the book saying its a really good this book. And signed that aswell and i didn't even ask him. :love: He also said its a bit cold for you to be out here tonight and i was like I know we're all crazy. :lol: He said your all cold and wet and im just cold.

He said im just going to get out of the car, i said if you're getting out could i have a picture with you please. He was like "sure" and grabbed me towards him in a one armed bear hug. One of the polish girls took my picture. I have the most cheesy grin ever on it. :lmao:

He'd left his car in the middle of the road and another car was trying to come out so he said im gonna have to go. He had signed for everyone and we all said thanks for stopping.

I was wonder who could be in the next car as i never saw Edge come in. It turned out to be Edge. While he was coming out of the garage Dallas said my cars faster than Bonos. :lmao:

I went up to Edge and asked him to sign the JT book. He also commented on the cold. I asked for a picture aswell. He chatted for a few minutes and signed everyones things then left. He also shooked hands with everyone, i apologised as my hand was freezing for the rain and cold.

Everyone hugged after the band had disappeared. The really nice thing was everyone was respectful, no pushing or shoving. Everyone waited their turn.

I was so excited, i had finally met Bono. It was my 3rd time meeting Edge and was as sweet as ever. Meeting Bono was amazing. I kept thinking I'd be really nervous but he put everyone at ease and chatted away, asking questions.

I floated way down the road down Pearse Street towards town. I called WildHoney and text VP to let them know i'd met them.

:hyper::hyper:

Thank you to Bono and Edge for making my year, no life. :love:

Next time would be complete if i was with my girls. :kiss:

I hope this is coherent. ive not had much sleep the past few days. :wink:

Will put up my pics when i get home tonight.

OMG i am so happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well done , what a sweet story thank you for sharing :hug:

P1000215.jpg

AWESOME PIC ! so stoked when pleba girls get to meet the guys. :love:

Awwwww, cute pictures, thanks for sharing! You look soooo tiny, Bono looks so tall beside you. And so protective, I just love the way he's holding you. CONGRATS!!!!! :love:

*finally decides to comment now that the pictures have been revealed*

AWESOME!! And I say, 2 out of 4 is better than none at all! :love:

They both look gorgeous, even though Edge seems a bit sleepy! :wink:

I'm so happy for you!! And wow, you must be small! Though, technically I am too, but I'm only a few inches shorter than our dear Bono :shh:

Awesome though, just awesome!!

:up: Way to go, BIH & congratulations! :camera: :combust:

I'm just hoping they'll be around mid- to late August when I'm there. :pray: Tell me, is it very difficult to find HQ?

P1000215.jpg

Hey Gem, so glad you finally caught up with Bono and Edge! :love: So all the boys are back in Dublin hard at work on the new album? :hmm: Good to know!! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom