Carnegie Hall - Bono/Edge came to the fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bret6262

The Fly
I got a call from a friend who doesn't post here- he met Bono and the Edge and got them to sign item(s) as they arrived one by one at the Carnegie event last night...a group of fans waited at the barricades and Bono/Edge came over...Larry/Adam went straight in... I did not get a post show report...

I was there. I met them both.

Edge came first at about 3:45pm. There was only about 25-30 people there. He came over to me and the lady next to me and shook our hands and said he couldn't sign, but then he changed his mind. He signed my East Rutherford setlist. Then Larry came and just went into the building. Bono was next and he said he was late for rehearsals, but signed anyway. Unfortunately he didn't sign my setlist. :sad: Bono didn't really talk to anyone. Adam was last and just went straight in. Later in the night Paul McGuiness came and he signed my setlist too. I also got a pic with Guggi.

001-7.jpg

002-5.jpg

Sister Moon

It was such a crazy moment. I just remember leaning in and thanking him and he really seemed sincere about it. Then again he meets people every day! BUT - I've been waiting 15 years for that moment and it happened finally. Now I need a hug and a photo with him. Those are the next steps . . . I wanted to ask for those, but honestly, it happened so fast. I think everyone felt the same when he was walking over to the crowd - even if you've met him before (for me this was #2) - its like "OMG, this is about to happen". And it rocks! I hope all true fans have the chance . . .

It was such a crazy moment. I just remember leaning in and thanking him and he really seemed sincere about it. Then again he meets people every day! BUT - I've been waiting 15 years for that moment and it happened finally. Now I need a hug and a photo with him. Those are the next steps . . . I wanted to ask for those, but honestly, it happened so fast. I think everyone felt the same when he was walking over to the crowd - even if you've met him before (for me this was #2) - its like "OMG, this is about to happen". And it rocks! I hope all true fans have the chance . . .

I have a question for those who have met him more than once. Does it feel odd at all? Does he remember? I was fortunate enough to get my moment in september before the show. There was only a small group so it was alittle easier but definitely stunned me. I got to shake his hand and while he signed for me, mutterred something about its "been a long time coming" which I wracked my brain afterwards wondering if that was stupid or not!! lol But thats what came out! I could barely speak at all-- I was so stunned the moment I had been waiting for since 1992 was happening! I did manage to ask for a photo when I found him standing near me again, but again pretty speechless (but a moment I treasure!)
After this, I started wondering how it feels for people who meet him more than once. I remember feeling that if I were to get to meet him the next night, it would feelalittle funny, like stalkerish or something. But as more time passes, and so many people have got to meet him numerous times.. I do wonder if it gets any easier to speak?! lol

Easier?

Honestly, no I don't think I felt strange. I've dumped so much money into the band that I think its great! He meets so many people that I doubt he remembers. He was gracious both times I met him and I was also speechless or said dumb things. He signed my book and I said "Thank you so much!" Its all good . . .

I have a question for those who have met him more than once. Does it feel odd at all? Does he remember? I was fortunate enough to get my moment in september before the show. There was only a small group so it was alittle easier but definitely stunned me. I got to shake his hand and while he signed for me, mutterred something about its "been a long time coming" which I wracked my brain afterwards wondering if that was stupid or not!! lol But thats what came out! I could barely speak at all-- I was so stunned the moment I had been waiting for since 1992 was happening! I did manage to ask for a photo when I found him standing near me again, but again pretty speechless (but a moment I treasure!)
After this, I started wondering how it feels for people who meet him more than once. I remember feeling that if I were to get to meet him the next night, it would feelalittle funny, like stalkerish or something. But as more time passes, and so many people have got to meet him numerous times.. I do wonder if it gets any easier to speak?! lol

I've met Bono numerous times and each time just gets better..The one thing I love about him so much is how good he is to all the fans and how he loves to come and meet everyone where as other bands, not so much. Remember, this is not a band obligation it is something they choose to do which is why they remain #1 on my list :up:

U2zoo - I doubt he remembers everyone he meets there are thousands of people and I bet most of them are speechless. I know I play out all that I want to say at home but when the moment comes....BLANK goes my brain. My sentences are like a three year old. Last time I managed to say thank you for his signature and he stopped looked up at me and said, "oh your very welcome." Of course I almost dropped dead.

I agree with one4u2, it is an obligation, work for them, and it is very gracious of Bono to take the time out to meet as many fans as he does. He goes above and beyond!

Back
Top Bottom