Brief Encounter with Danger Mouse in Toronto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2BROTHR

Mirror Ball Man 2.0
So my boy Tony asked me if I want to go to the Broken Bells Concert in Toronto tonight. I told him I only know one of their songs. He said to me, "You know Danger Mouse is one of the members!"

So I figured it would be cool to go. Tony then reveals that he wants to meet Danger Mouse. Maybe ask him some questions and get his Ordinary Love record signed. I figured it was a crazy idea.....but I would go with him....and why not. I'll bring my Ordinary Love vinyl as well.

I meet him in front of the venue and he says Danger Mouse just got back onto the tour bus parked across the street. So Tony and I sat outside in the cold for at least an hour.

We saw one of his roadies and asked...do you think he would come out and sign? The roadie told us that after the show is a better chance and we should leave and get warm.

Well... we knew it was almost time for them to hit the stage...so we waited outside the bus.

The bus opened and out comes the lead Singer of the Shins (James Mercer). He walks over to us and says, "So um... you guys are looking to get something signed?" Apparently lots of people come up to him with Shins stuff.

Tony and I are like... um we are actually looking to get something signed by Brian (Danger Mouse). James looks pleasantly surprised and is like wow...... and we pull out our records and James says.. "WHAT IS THAT?"

Danger Mouse didn't say much. It was freakin' cold. Like -13 C. Tony said... hey you got robbed on the Oscar.... and then said... we are really looking forward to hearing the work you did with U2. Danger Mouse smiled... shook our hands... He seemed very down to earth... I could only blurt out...I'm really sorry about the weather. :crack: and thank you for the autograph.

I seriously couldn't feel my toes or my fingers anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10153871662485447&l=4133106167166337245

That's it. Danger was super talented in the show....playing bass...keys... drums.... The show was super slick.

1897998_10153871495375447_1187577721_n.jpg

Did danger mouse recognize the vinyl? :D
Danger Mouse did seem to "recognize" it. It was the Shins singer who was like, "What the heck is that thing?!?" As you know, the Ordinary Love vinyl is larger than a 45, but much smaller than an LP.

DM had no issues signing the vinyl in the corner and seemed very down to earth.

Tony said... hey you got robbed on the Oscar.... and then said... we are really looking forward to hearing the work you did with U2. Danger Mouse smiled... shook our hands...

How 'bout that Danger Mouse and Songs of Innocence, two years of hard work producing with one of the hardest acts to produce for; that fellow is the reason why the Edge sounds so crisp and clear and why Adam is blowing us away using his bass guitar with fierce determination!! At the same time, admirable that a rock and roll hall of fame band allowed this young talent and musical genius, to melancholically shape these tunes!! Danger Mouse = Melancholy!!

After listening to the Broken Bells album, I totally here the Danger Mouse touch on Songs of Innocence. I'm loving the album. He has a great gift and did an amazing job with the new U2 record for sure!

Back
Top Bottom