Bono and Ali at dinner last night

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to know Ali is looking so well. last time I saw her she looked terribly tired and aged.
STILL gorgeous, mind you, but not "fresh" and fab looking, ya know? Probably stressed at the time -
I think that's why she got so skinny. She is much smaller now than she was even a few years ago.
That can age a woman as well. Still love her though.

I'll be more than happy if I look even remotedly like Ali when I'm in my late 40s. It must be terrible, especially for women, to be in the public eye all the time, people are examining every winkle you have and judging you by your appearance.

I don't really think anyone judges or examines her. She's not a model or actress who 'has' to look perfect all the time.
As I said, I've seen her before (on several occasions) and wow - gorgeous and glowing! I was just shocked that she looked so haggard the LAST time I saw her.

Sheesh, it's no big deal, she's human, we all have our bad days! And with her schedule, it's no wonder she looks tired sometimes.

And PS: If we had her $$ we'd all look that great in our late 40's!
I know she has been going to Dr Patrick Treacy for quite some time. Lucky girl!

^well, genetics plays a big part in her beauty so seeing the doctor isn't the sole aspect to how she looks. I mean just look at her girls, beautiful, natural beauties.

I never said it was the sole aspect. I look at least 10 years younger than I am thanks to genetics, however, peels and treatments help.

Some people get so possessive and overprotective when it comes to this woman. It seems like if anyone says anything other than
she's the most beautiful, poised and perfect woman in the world, surrounded by the glow of 1000 angels, folks here get pretty defensive.

Why is that? She's gorgeous, inspirational, smart, compassionate, etc. But she's also human. I have a feeling when she's 65,
some of you on this board will be waxing poetic that "she still doesn't look a day over 29".

I'm just being realistic, and I'm sure Ali would have a laugh at it as well. (because aside from her beauty, she has a load of good humor
and doesn't take herself near as seriously as some of you do)

And her daughters ARE natural beauties, they're also teenagers!

i think you are overeacting a bit. I was just mentioning that she definitely has genetics going for her. But don't mind me since you seem to know her better than anyone else here. Of course we all are going to age, some more gracefully than others and I certainly not expecting her to never show her age. And my guess that with her genetics the girls will be quite the natural beauties when they are adults which Jordan is. Also, taking good care of yourself factors into the equation which Ali most certainly does hopefully that will trickle down to her kids which I imagine will.

Sorry if I overreacted, but there are so many posts on this site that make her into some sort of otherworldly being ;)
(not yours, specifically)

Not claiming to know her well, but I have worked in the industry for 20 years and am friends with some folks at Principle
who have worked very closely with Ali and Bono. ("Elvis" knows this) I have also worked with U2 a few times, met Ali, etc.

Maybe you recall I supplied the clips from the MusiCares Bono tribute a few years ago?

Well, Ali is a natural beauty, it has only very little to do with money, it's also her aura, her behaviour, her spirit that is showing. Of course she's aging like everyone else, would be shocking if it wouldn't be that way, but she still looks very good for her age. I don't think I'll look like that, I have dark rings like a panda bear under my eyes already and wrinkles and grey hair and I'm in my 30s. I don't like people searching around in her (or Bono's or anyone's) face for signs of aging. Just because Bono looks older now that he did some years ago or because of the fact he has more wrinkles doesn't have anything to do with my love, respect and admiration for him. Same should be said for Ali or any person. I think age can make people more interesting.

Well, Ali is a natural beauty, it has only very little to do with money, it's also her aura, her behaviour, her spirit that is showing. Of course she's aging like everyone else, would be shocking if it wouldn't be that way, but she still looks very good for her age. I don't think I'll look like that, I have dark rings like a panda bear under my eyes already and wrinkles and grey hair and I'm in my 30s. I don't like people searching around in her (or Bono's or anyone's) face for signs of aging. Just because Bono looks older now that he did some years ago or because of the fact he has more wrinkles doesn't have anything to do with my love, respect and admiration for him. Same should be said for Ali or any person. I think age can make people more interesting.

Very well said :):applaud:

Maybe you recall I supplied the clips from the MusiCares Bono tribute a few years ago?

I do recall that, and thanks! I also recall that you had some good "insider" stories and advance news about Grammys and such.

What I'd realy like to know is this: What exactly did Bono say to Natalie Imbruglia? :D

I do recall that, and thanks! I also recall that you had some good "insider" stories and advance news about Grammys and such.

You're very welcome!

What I'd realy like to know is this: What exactly did Bono say to Natalie Imbruglia? :D

No, no. I'd love to, but it would start an all out war here. It was hilarious, but I don't think a lot of people here would find it funny,
and they would just say I was making it up, etc - "St. Bono would NEVER say anything like that!" you know the drill ... so what's the point?
It's so funny that you remember that though.

That's one of the reasons I don't post info here anymore. I know a lot about the new CD/tour, but won't post it because I'll just
get hammered w/ "How do you know?", "Who did you hear it from?", "Sounds skeptical"... etc.

If I said who I knew that is thisclose to Bono and Ali, (I won't because it would be totally inappropriate and she'd feel betrayed)
then you all would say, "Ohhhhhh, ok" and believe it. And it's someone I am in contact with quite a bit, and hang with when
she's in town. Not someone I met once. I actually just met her a few years ago when I was in Ireland. Amazingly cool woman.
Funny enough, the more I found out, the less I posted ;) Now when I come back after all this time, and say how glad I am
Ali looks great because she looked a mess last time I saw her, I get drilled :huh: Kind of funny, really.

But ... I digress. Maybe it's because I met them as peers, and not as a fan that I see them more as regular people, faults and all.
And maybe also because of that, I was able to hear some great stories and dirty jokes right from the horse's mouth that I will never
repeat (except to my husband).

Why ruin the illusion??

PS: I'm still a huge fan, and yes, of course I was nervous when I first met the band. I just had to pretend like I wasn't.

PS: Does anyone remember the fart post I made? Wow, that was so long ago!

You're very welcome!

No, no. I'd love to, but it would start an all out war here. It was hilarious, but I don't think a lot of people here would find it funny,
and they would just say I was making it up, etc - "St. Bono would NEVER say anything like that!" you know the drill ... so what's the point?
It's so funny that you remember that though.

Yeah, well, I have no illusions about Bono. He's a man of the world, and a big world it is indeed.
I did remember that veiled remark of yours and am sad that you feel you can't share the specifics. I'm an oldtimer here and the opposite of a gossip. I'm not suggesting that you share that story with everyone. And the main reason I'm curious is that I really love a sick joke!

biffers@gmail.com

Yeah, well, I have no illusions about Bono. He's a man of the world, and a big world it is indeed.
I did remember that veiled remark of yours and am sad that you feel you can't share the specifics. I'm an oldtimer here and the opposite of a gossip. I'm not suggesting that you share that story with everyone. And the main reason I'm curious is that I really love a sick joke!

biffers@gmail.com

Will email ya ;)

Glad to know Ali is looking so well. last time I saw her she looked terribly tired and aged.
STILL gorgeous, mind you, but not "fresh" and fab looking, ya know? Probably stressed at the time -
I think that's why she got so skinny. She is much smaller now than she was even a few years ago.
That can age a woman as well. Still love her though.

When did you see her last time? I think Ali looks better with age. She looks much better than most of women her age.

When did you see her last time? I think Ali looks better with age. She looks much better than most of women her age.

This is what I mean :hyper:
--

I last saw her about a year ago. And actually she pretty much looks as fantastic as all of my friends that are her age.
When women take good care of themselves, eat healthy, exercise, take care of their skin, have confidence,
do what they love, etc. They can't help but glow and look great. It's the women that stop caring and let themselves go,
that, by her age, start falling apart. (just my experience)

I find it very hard to believe you truly like U2 or Ali. Please do not bring them down on a site full of U2 fans - I can see what you are doing!

From another thread:

Anyway, I admire her too! That's the point.

I'd like her less if she went and had a face lift, and piled on gobs of make up.

Here is one of the photos I posted (HI RES) - she looks natural, beautiful.
I think she's only wearing lipstick! How many women would pose for a portrait
with no make up? Not me!! Perfect lips...

ImageShack - Hosting :: ali1fi5.jpg

And people were saying I was derailing this thread with my comments about Brian.

THIS is just a bit ... disturbing.

Honestly, I think this thread should be closed, because someone is trying to throw dirt on Ali and Bono by making cryptic statements about their private lives.

:huh:

That's one of the reasons I don't post info here anymore. I know a lot about the new CD/tour, but won't post it because I'll just
get hammered w/ "How do you know?", "Who did you hear it from?", "Sounds skeptical"... etc.

If I said who I knew that is thisclose to Bono and Ali, (I won't because it would be totally inappropriate and she'd feel betrayed)
then you all would say, "Ohhhhhh, ok" and believe it. And it's someone I am in contact with quite a bit, and hang with when
she's in town. Not someone I met once. I actually just met her a few years ago when I was in Ireland. Amazingly cool woman.
Funny enough, the more I found out, the less I posted ;) Now when I come back after all this time, and say how glad I am
Ali looks great because she looked a mess last time I saw her, I get drilled :huh: Kind of funny, really.

But ... I digress. Maybe it's because I met them as peers, and not as a fan that I see them more as regular people, faults and all.
And maybe also because of that, I was able to hear some great stories and dirty jokes right from the horse's mouth that I will never
repeat (except to my husband).

Why ruin the illusion??

"Atomic Lemon" if indeed you are friends with someone who works with Ali and/or the band, then it's not very classy of you to boast about it on a public forum or even hint at allegedly private info that may or may not know. If you did meet the band "as peers" then be respectful of that, and whomever this woman is that you're friendly with should be weary of your intentions. Be careful what you post on here, you never know who's reading. You could very well cost someone their job.

This thread is supposed to be about a U2 fan sharing his experience seeing Bono and Ali out at dinner. Why on earth it has steered off topic to discussing Ali's appearance, or Bono's over exaggerated (in my opinion) media articles about him with some teenagers is beyond me. Now that there is already a thread about that (which probably will not be open much longer) please refrain from continuing to take this thread off topic.

"Atomic Lemon" if indeed you are friends with someone who works with Ali and/or the band, then it's not very classy of you to boast about it on a public forum or even hint at allegedly private info that may or may not know. If you did meet the band "as peers" then be respectful of that, and whomever this woman is that you're friendly with should be weary of your intentions. Be careful what you post on here, you never know who's reading. You could very well cost someone their job.

That's the reason I never mentioned her by name. I mentioned it because it's only way I could save myself from your ridiculous comments about me.

SICY - it was steered off topic, because I made ONE innocuous comment that I was GLAD Ali was looking well, as the last time I saw her she looked tired. Then your lovely members here went into a frenzy.

Atomic Lemon, just wanted to let you know that I understand what you mean about the more you know the less you say. Living in LA I am sure you know quite a few things! :) I appreciate your comments as your approach to the band seems similar to mine. I've had some pretty amazing meetings with Bono that were intimate enough that I can imagine what kind of joke that might be. I'd love to hear it also, but can I email you first?

Back
Top Bottom