Bandmembers in Eze sur mer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, there are different bells and indeed mailboxes at certain places. But at the main-entrance at avenue de la Liberté there is no mailbox at all. Only the driveway, which needs to me renovated!:huh:

^^ok, this convo is verging on scary. You know the names of the housekeepers? The mailbox locations...ect...the condition of the driveway...

Come on people, IMO that is crossing the line. Give them their privacy please!!

couldn't agree more...:up:

seriously people... leave them alone for god's sake... this is scary...

IMO this shouldn't even be discussed on the message board, take it to a PM.

Please cool down

OK, guys. I can understand you. :wave:

But think about the whole PLEBA-topic...

I would never post a photo of a bandmember here, 'cause THIS is privacy! Take a look at all the pics here showing bendmembers trying to get to the Dublin-studio... All the bothering and screaming crowd around them! :angry: Bah!
Did you ever think about that?

ALL the things we've discussed in this threat were open to public! Walk around the house there and you see what we were talking about! It's all open to public and I NEVER took even a step into a private property!

For many years now I spend a lot of time a year at the south of France and saw Bono abaout 5 times and maybe wouldn't recognize other bandmembers with their sunglasses. I never talked to, wlaked after him or in some was "stalked" Bono. I remember a night in 2005 when I sat about 1,5 hours in a distance of about 7 meters from in a restaurant in Monaco without asking for an autograph or even taking a photo. And even if I wouldn't post it here.

You know THAT'S keeping privacy, so don't worry!

PEACE ON EARTH!

I'm sorry, but you sat 1,5 hours near a restaurant where Bono was eating?

:huh:

I think Bono'd rather you just walked up, asked for a photo or autograph and then walked away without watching him for more than an hour. That's just weird.

OK, guys. I can understand you. :wave:

But think about the whole PLEBA-topic...

I would never post a photo of a bandmember here, 'cause THIS is privacy! Take a look at all the pics here showing bendmembers trying to get to the Dublin-studio... All the bothering and screaming crowd around them! :angry: Bah!
Did you ever think about that?

ALL the things we've discussed in this threat were open to public! Walk around the house there and you see what we were talking about! It's all open to public and I NEVER took even a step into a private property!

For many years now I spend a lot of time a year at the south of France and saw Bono abaout 5 times and maybe wouldn't recognize other bandmembers with their sunglasses. I never talked to, wlaked after him or in some was "stalked" Bono. I remember a night in 2005 when I sat about 1,5 hours in a distance of about 7 meters from in a restaurant in Monaco without asking for an autograph or even taking a photo. And even if I wouldn't post it here.

You know THAT'S keeping privacy, so don't worry!

PEACE ON EARTH!

Easy fella. :D Most of us here have a healthy respect for the band and their privacy. That means, yes we enjoy looking at photos of them on tour ect or when they are in PUBLIC attending events ect, and even going to work at the studio, we consider this an appropriate time to approach them because they are working and not at home or out with family. I think I speak for most of us long timers here, that people start crossing over the line when fans start haning out near their homes or when they are with their families not working.
Please leave them alone. I personally have a problem with the pap's taking pictures of them on vacation ect... it's just disrepectful and we respect them so much! They deserve to have their down time since they GIVE us the fans so much when they are working!
Thanks for listening.
J:D

Yup, I am on your side.

I never (!) waited around celebrities homes or took pictures of them when they were not conscious of it.
That's my idea of respecting their privacy. I need no lessons about that.

Yes, I sat near Bono IN (that means INSIDE) a Monaco restaurant and left him. I think not much of guys around here would do so...

or took pictures of them when they were not conscious of it.
was Bono conscious of you checkin him out for 1.5 hours?

Bono's lyrics are about living your life, doing something with your life - NOT doing nothing with your life, or doing weird sh*t with your life

So get yourself a life and quit the weird stuff ok?
icon36.gif

I think octopusmc is saying they had dinner in the same restaurant (most meals take 2 hours) not that they were sitting there after their meal staring at Bono for an extra 1.5 hours.

I don't want to be harsh, but reading octopus' posts kinda gives me a sense of obsession and creeps me out a bit

I don't ever want the band to end, but I reckon if anything were to end it, it would be that type of thing - fans losing perspective (they don't need the money anymore!)

Let's just be happy with the music - I don't want to know anything about driveways or mailboxes!

So I'm sorry but I have to repeat it: Get a life! Do something with it, instead of following folks around who are doin stuff with theirs!
icon12.gif

(EDIT: haha 30 posts, I'm now "The Fly" bzz bzz bzz)

I don't want to be harsh, but reading octopus' posts kinda gives me a sense of obsession and creeps me out a bit

I don't ever want the band to end, but I reckon if anything were to end it, it would be that type of thing - fans losing perspective (they don't need the money anymore!)

Let's just be happy with the music - I don't want to know anything about driveways or mailboxes!

So don't misunderstand me but WHAT DO YOU WANT HERE???

So I'm sorry but I have to repeat it: Get a life! Do something with it, instead of following folks around who are doin stuff with theirs!
icon12.gif

What do you want to say with this post? Are you a teacher? A psychologist? :hmm:

(EDIT: haha 30 posts, I'm now "The Fly" bzz bzz bzz)

Baby, slow down! :wave: Set you feet down to earth again!

Totally CRAP! I am maybe one out of of 5 NON-Stalkers around here so BEHAVE! I went to this restaurant and AFTER I placed my seat I recognized Bono. I would have gone there anyway and LEFT BONO totally on his own. I treated him like any other visitor this evening. I didn't even asked for an autograph as I would never do. So slow down, if the band will stop there work it won't be my fault. How did you get this idea, OMG!?

SIZE=2]Let's just be happy with the music - I don't want to know anything about driveways or mailboxes![/SIZE]

So don't misunderstand me but WHAT DO YOU WANT HERE???

icon12.gif

What do you want to say with this post? Are you a teacher? A psychologist? :hmm:

Octopusmc, I am totally on your side and don't see anything wrong with any of your posts and don't find them creepy at all. I think there are a lot of hypocrites on this website which is irritating. Just ignore them.

It was clear to me you were not sitting in a restaurant just staring at Bono for 1.5 hours, but you were, in fact, a patron (probably eating and drinking) and he happened to be sitting nearby.

I only hope for your continued good luck in being at the right place a the right time.

I had a similar experience with The Edge. I was at a play in a very small, intimate theater in Venice, CA when, lo and behold, Edge walked in a sat right in front of me. I was internally freaking out that my musical idol was sitting but 3 feet away from me, but does that make me a stalker because I happened to be near him, under the same roof for about 2 hours? I don't think so.

hypocrites on this website

If you call me a hypocrite, you better be prepared to back it up!

I say youre talking out of your ass, so please demonstrate if you will how I have been a hypocrite, or what on earth youre talking about (bearing in mind that a hypocrite says one thing, and acts in completely the opposite way)

In my opinion, if you make statements like these,

"Actually, I think he stays with Bono. His dogs were at Bono's house when I was there.
Though, that says nothing much of course, since the properties are connected"

"I think so. I have photos from a labrador and a smaller bulldog at bono's house. If someone is intrested I can post'em here" (mmm maybe, have you got any of someone sunbathing?)

"One was a lab, the other was a smaller dog I couldn't properly see in the shade"

"next to 'Bolero' there is a bell-button with 'Mr. and Mrs. Marecaut' at the front of the house"

"I believe they have their entrance, mailbox.. at the back though"

"Yes, there are different bells and indeed mailboxes at certain places. But at the main-entrance there is no mailbox at all. Only the driveway, which needs to me renovated!"

then youre going too far.
Are they not entitled to have their private lives be private?
Leave em alone when theyre with their families (or at the very least, at their homes) - surely you can do something more productive with your time, for your own sake I mean.

And on the restaurant:

You really think it's a coincidence do you, that someone who discovers those kinds of details about Bono's home, just by chance happens to be sitting across from him in a restaurant? What have you got an IQ of 10? Okay so he didn’t bug him, fine, but get real! (Actually in that scenario, I probably would’ve shook his hand real quick, or whatever)

I would love to think that any U2 fan is a friend of mine, but sad to say, some folks do go too far vis-a-vis private life, and I wish the band didnt have to pay that price.
icon7.gif

"I believe they have their entrance, mailbox.. at the back though"

OMG is this still going on??

May I defend myself here since you quoted me here?
I was only referring to the housekeepers, who no one really knows so I don't see any problem with breach of privacy.

Reading all this crap, I wish I'd stayed out of this thread to begin with.

yeah and I wish it didnt exist at all!

you presumably wont mind if I stakeout your house, and note the comings and goings of you, your family members, pets, housekeepers, etc - and who uses what entrance

okey dokey then, I'll get cracking on that :up:

I think alive@33 is the most paranoid among us. For weeks and weeks he refuses to understand that we never entered private property or interfered in privacy. He works up on things and seems to see ghosts (e. g. I never talked about photos of people sunbathing). I think we have to accept it.
So get well soon!

I withdraw because of the leak of earnestness... :wave:

there's not much point in conducting a conversation with an anal retentive, so really I should just ignore, but... WELL I JUST CAN'T!!
icon42.gif

1. "paranoid" - got me all wrong dude, if I was any more chilled out, I'd be comatose! But some sh*t has to be called out..

2. "weeks and weeks" - my first post here was 3 days ago, wtf r u talkin about??!!! :huh::huh:

3. "people sunbathing" - if u cant see that that was a jokey interjection by me to emphasize a point, I'm sorry but u aint playin with a full deck (which would make me MORE concerned about you)

4. "I withdraw because of the leak of earnestness" - WTF????? :huh::huh::huh:

LEAVE THEM THE F*CK ALONE AT THEIR HOMES!! GET A F*CKIN LIFE! WEIRDO! OR I'LL COME FIND YOU AND KICK YOUR ASS! (unless of course youre female, in which case I apologize! But leave em be at their homes ok? :up:)

P.S. I notice youve just added "French Riviera" to your id in the last day or so, and yet your local time remains Chicago/Texas time
icon34.gif

I know, I did try to keep it genteel, but eventually the notion of fans peering into their residences kinda gets me angry

so I'm sorry for the expletives (they'll be kept in check
icon12.gif
) but someone's gotta say what's right
icon7.gif

Alive@33 I think you are going over the edge in your interpretation of the op's words. Many people on here have pictures of the band member's houses, octopus just happened to make the mistake of admitting things she had noticed things that others might have noticed but would only talk to each other about in person. It's usually pretty apparent when someone is a stalker, and I don't think octopus was doing anything than commenting on things she has seen (I'm assuming she). "Get a life" and all, that is a bit harsh on a fan site. It would be different if she were talking about specific times (ie 6am, 7:30)people came and went (plenty of fans wait outside the band's houses and you may thing that's wrong but it's not unusual) then it might seem stalkerish.

@ MissMoo

for the convenience of anyone interested, I compiled on the previous page a few examples of what I think together do illustrate encroachment on privacy (no point in reposting obviously)

theyre not our property, and it's really family life that I'm thinking about - the most personal and guarded thing to 99% of people is family

by all means, mob them wherever they go if youre so inclined, but not at home, that's the one place they should have to escape (the one place we all should have)

I can only think of 2 things that could lead to the band winding up -

1. that they become bored with making music together (I don't see any signs of that at the moment)
2. that they begin to resent encroachment on family/home life

ps just curious, why do you assume octopus is a she? - funnily enough, I don't know why but for some reason that actually makes me feel kind of easier about it! :lol: (even though that doesnt make sense!) (man i hate that smiley - think I'll just type lol from now on! LOL)

Back
Top Bottom