Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
do you think I might be able to say that to one of my preschoolers tomorrow when they ask me to tie their shoe for the umpteenth time?

I feel that Bono is snippy a lot because he is tired a lot....and everybody wants a hug, a pic, a kiss or some piece of him...he is only a man....he gets tired, he has bad moods, he gets tired of being hunted......sometimes it would be nice to just be LEFT ALONE.....Susan

i've been outside an arena when bono's showed up and walked the line twice... missing a handshake by about a foot are two both times. :sigh:

got some great pictures though
52021559_be5fc87caf.jpg

only gotten to shake adam's hand thus far... have only seen larry in the trucks speeding by... got very close to the edge twice, too

Well Headache I wouldn't call that 'snubbed.' If you'd have been a hot girl, he might have given you more time. No offense to you! Anything is better than no meeting at all, like me :scream:

U2Kitten said:
Well Headache I wouldn't call that 'snubbed.' If you'd have been a hot girl, he might have given you more time. No offense to you! :scream:

Now, that's a little rude, don't ya think? What the fuck?

Bono is not shallow like that. I've seen him totally miss people who were fucking model-like for god sake. hes being rushed, hurrying about, gets all flustered in his head i am sure, though maybe not showing it on the outside, and just goes by whoever he sees and comes up to him and doesn't have all the time in the world.

that was a rude comment you made towards Headache and Bono, both. sorry.

We kind of got snubbed in Atlanta Friday--the security people said they were coming out to sign stuff---but they didn't. Oh well I got to see them driving by at least. :sad:

Val said:
do you think I might be able to say that to one of my preschoolers tomorrow when they ask me to tie their shoe for the umpteenth time?

Tie their laces together and then say it, really viciously :lol:

I've been stood up by Bono, along with Erin (eep) and Laura (Stories for Boys).

This was in Lincoln, Nebraska, World AIDS Day 2002. We and maybe 5 other people (very small group) were trying to figure out if Bono was staying at this one hotel and just then we say the Lincoln Towncars and John Sampson. We walked over and said (stupidly) "are you John Sampson?" and he says "I might be....", but we're just stupid and obviously know it's him, so we ask "d'ya think Bono can come out?" and he says "go stand over there". So we run over to the curb he pointed at and stand there all in a row, no one even dares to blink. Then he waves his hand and we shuffle forward and form a little line. Bono comes out and Laura, at the front of the line, hands him the card we wrote and he kisses her on the cheek. Then he greets Erin, then shakes my hand and when he's about to let go, grabs the other hand and says "lookit you!" (b/c I'm wearing like 5 layers of clothing and look utterly rediculous) "...you're so cold!" and he holds my hand for a bit before moving on. Then John says Bono is late and has no time for pictures, so Bono turns around and says "Ladies I will come back for pictures later...I will come back here at five." And we say "here at five?" and he says "here at five". So he leaves and we wait another long day in the freezing December cold. We go back at five, but Bono is not there. John is not there either, and this other security guard says John went to Subway for food so Bono's not allowed to come out. We wait a while, but have to get back to our line for the event. That night, after the event, we go back to the hotel (which is like 1/2 block from the venue) to see if Bono is there. Some annoying people went inside to stalk and snuck onto elevators and such, but just standing outside a hotel is really pushing the "stalking" limit for me, so we wait outside on public property. Eventually, Bono comes out and there's not really a big crowd so a few of us manage to get pics and Laura says "Bono what happened? We were all here at five!" and Bono has the most confused look on his face and then goes "oh....I was here, up there!" Laura replies, "but you said to meet you down here." and this cute look comes on his face and before he can finish apologizing, some crazy fans push us over and basically jump him, but the look on his face said "oh fuck, I'm really sorry."

It was sooo funny. I'm not mad or resentful at all, b/c now I can honestly say I've been stood up by Bono!

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
"Bono what happened? We were all here at five!" and Bono has the most confused look on his face and then goes "oh....I was here, up there!" Laura replies, "but you said to meet you down here." and this cute look comes on his face and before he can finish apologizing, some crazy fans push us over and basically jump him, but the look on his face said "oh fuck, I'm really sorry."

It was sooo funny. I'm not mad or resentful at all, b/c now I can honestly say I've been stood up by Bono!

haha, I'm just reading this now... too cute!

Val said:

Yeah, you shouldn't be bitter when people in the 400's couldn't even see him at all. How do you think they felt when Bono neglected to scream and point..."You, up there....Yeah, you.... climb on down... and then climb on up....

People in the 300's can be so darn selfish!

Oh boy did I think that John Taylor was going to point to me and say " YOU, yes YOU , in the red dress in the nosebleed seats! I LOVE YOU! Let's get married after the show!"

he never did... imagine that!

:shocked:

Re:

I've read some of the experiences of fans being snubbed by the members of U2 in this thread and I have to say "I really feel for you"
I feel your pain because it happened to me, the only difference was the celebrity musician was with another band.
After worrying about what I did to deserve the rude treatment and feeling depressed over it, a good friend said "you probably didn't do anything wrong and he's probably a superficial jerk who's not worth the sweat of your ass".

((HUGS)) to all who've had bad experiences with any celebrity

i always hate that the word "snubbed" is used in these situations. the band members don't owe anyone their time.

I've read some of the experiences of fans being snubbed by the members of U2 in this thread and I have to say "I really feel for you"
I feel your pain because it happened to me, the only difference was the celebrity musician was with another band.
After worrying about what I did to deserve the rude treatment and feeling depressed over it, a good friend said "you probably didn't do anything wrong and he's probably a superficial jerk who's not worth the sweat of your ass".

((HUGS)) to all who've had bad experiences with any celebrity

I'm sorry you had a bad experience -- it's never fun to be snapped at or rejected by anyone, let alone those we look up to. And what your friend said might indeed be correct.

But your friend could have said "you probably didn't do anything wrong and he's probably just had a really bad day" and been correct also. Maybe he'd recently gotten a call from his young daughter who was hurt and wanted her daddy to hold her, but he couldn't because he was thousands of miles away; maybe he'd just gotten some bad results from a medical test; maybe he found out a friend or family member had gotten bad results from a medical test; maybe he'd just found out his accountant had absconded with most of his money; maybe he'd just been arguing with his band members and his wife (or girlfriend/boyfriend) and his manager and his record label and the venue management; maybe his pusher was late and he was jonesing for a fix; maybe he'd just gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

I think fans often think the celebrities they admire live completely charmed lives and should always be "on" for their fans. But they are people too, with all sorts of irritations and hassles to manage. And just like everyone else, some manage these things better than others.

So yeah, maybe the guy you met is a complete asshole, but maybe you just caught him at a bad time. Would you want to be judged on a 10 second meeting?

It's so weird to read an old post that you wrote and 1) not remember it, and 2) not recognize your personality in it.

Not "snubbed," per se ... but as it happened like it did, I probably wouldn't have had it differently.

My DD and I stood outside the Tampa arena for hours waiting for U2 to arrive, hoping they would come out at soundcheck. They didn't come to soundcheck and Rocko actually came out and told those of us who were there that they weren't coming, etc. We stood outside anyway until they arrived.

We were probably 6 ft. away from the cars coming in. Bono's first -- window up, didn't even look. Edge's window up, he glanced. Then Adam's car came by ... Window fully down and he gave us a dazzling smile and waved to us.

Then ... Larry's car came by -- he had his window rolled down so you could see him from the nose up and you could tell from his eyes he was smiling and he gave us a little salute.

So ... we were very happy that day. :love:

Usually Bono rolls his window down and waves. At least he does when I'm there. He did that with us in Philly on the first leg and I got a couple of pics of him waving in the car

Sorry to hear some fans had bad times . The boys do try there best with fans meeting them and pics. Its a matter if they have time because not all the time they can greet there fans. They are very kind men.

Back
Top Bottom