Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a friend (Debbie) who stalked them for a year during the Elevation tour. At the airport in Las Vegas, Bono and the boys were racing down the loading ramp to meet their plane. Having by now seen Debbie at roughly 11 different concerts/airports and not stopped to greet her yet, Bono ran by her holding up his hand toward her face in a "Not now!" motion. She was crushed!!
Adam felt bad and stopped for a quick pic. Turns out, their Visas were expiring at midnight so they had to get in the air ASAP.
As a P.S. to this sad tale, Debby went the Grammy's that year to again wait for an opportunity in the band arrival area. Bono got out of his Limo, wife and son in tow. He saw Debby and of course recognized her. He told his son to sit on the curb and wait, crossed the street and said "Okay, but let me stand on the curb so I look talker than you." she got her photo.

Got a friend (Debbie) who stalked them for a year during the Elevation tour. At the airport in Las Vegas, Bono and the boys were racing down the loading ramp to meet their plane. Having by now seen Debbie at roughly 11 different concerts/airports and not stopped to greet her yet, Bono ran by her holding up his hand toward her face in a "Not now!" motion. She was crushed!!
Adam felt bad and stopped for a quick pic. Turns out, their Visas were expiring at midnight so they had to get in the air ASAP.
As a P.S. to this sad tale, Debby went the Grammy's that year to again wait for an opportunity in the band arrival area. Bono got out of his Limo, wife and son in tow. He saw Debby and of course recognized her. He told his son to sit on the curb and wait, crossed the street and said "Okay, but let me stand on the curb so I look talker than you." she got her photo.

That's so funny that they were racing to meet the plane for that reason. Glad Debbie finally got to meet Bono. Interesting how they recognize someone. I would think that even after 11 times of seeing a fan, that it would be impossible to remember/recognize since they see thousands of people all the time.

Anyone know what would have happened if they stayed past midnight? Got arrested? Fined? Are they really strict about this, even with U2?

@ Achtung11.
The recognizing of Debbie came down to a few things: 1. Bless her heart, that girl was persistant. Eleven or more shows and she had the inside track on where their flights were coming in. So she would do about 1/2 of a show then go to the airport and sit and wait. Plus she had (has) a super supportive husband who told her "Go! Meet him! Get this out if your system so we can finally settle down and have a family." So she did.
2. She traveled about w/ this weirdly freakish Bono look-a-like who was her friend but also was a guy looking for a job w/ the band. I mean it was weird! This guy, put in a camo-hat, fly shades and the leather peace dove jacket was a ringer! So Debs traveled w/ him and Bono took notice cause her look-a-like friend was probably a bit for Bono like looking into a mirror. At one show (the super bowl half time show) where again they did 1/2 time in the heart, then off to the airport, Bono signed the look-a-like guys coat with "I am me. Bono"
Not sure what would have happened about the Visa bit. Debs just said they were all runnin' and runnin' hard to get to the plane and up in the air. It was Adam who mentioned to her the Visa bit.

@ Achtung11
Ugh. Tried to write you the response on how Bono knew the Debbie girl, but apparently the iphone can't commit to connecting at 3am. Bastard phone!

Lets see if I can't get this post to go thru

That's so funny that they were racing to meet the plane for that reason. Glad Debbie finally got to meet Bono. Interesting how they recognize someone. I would think that even after 11 times of seeing a fan, that it would be impossible to remember/recognize since they see thousands of people all the time.
I wonder if Bono remembers the girls/boys who he rises up on concerts.

Some of them, who've been up more than once yes. He remembers them. Amp for instance, he definitely recognizes, same with U2brother. So I guess it depends if you're a familiar face. Adam also said that they do recognize people on the front row if they've been to shows before.

And I now remember that when they were signing the U2 BY U2 books in 2006 (I guess), Edge recognized Niamh Saoirse. She told in another u2 forum (not sure if in this one too) that she had meet Bono/U2 like 6 times (I don´t know now) and I guess she had been on stage too.

they were pretty evasive in new zealand in 2010. a small handful of us hung outside the stadium to listen to them rehearse and were standing next to a chain link fence that overlooked where all of the catering etc was set up.

the band went through this area on golf carts afterwards and most of them were taken by security across the middle of the field so we had no idea when they were actually gone (apart from a security guard watching us who told us who was being taken away). we managed to get a wave from the edge who was taken around the athletics track instead of across the middle of the field.

did i have a point to this? don't think i did actually.

Okay I was in Cannes on holiday looking very blonde and brown tan. My family and I were having nice but expensive drins me cola don't drink booze but I was wondering if any film stars about
well, The porter brought around put it next to me U2'S band kit, in the rock it cargo what do they call the kit they keep there instruments in? it was huge box on wheels had rock it written on it. Remembering this was what U2 used.
I thought nothing of it at the time and my brother said ''Look sis a rock band in staying here' so we played a game of lets guess who's staying ''Yeah probaly U2 or someone'' ironic. Then we left as a family and bono and one of the boys were in this flash black limmonsine (i didn't know this at the time :doh:
then somone brought out the rock it cargo kit again.
When i got home i bough the ATYCLB cd (all that you can't leave behind )
read on it rock it cargo.
apparently according to press articles the band were there so I was a few steps away from my all time favourite band and didn't know about it. damn!
lol
I said to my bro ''wow look at that cool limosine bro''
we looked and walked away not knowing who was in there til we got home. I have to say cannes south of france is like no where on earth you see so many classy buildings and scenes like out hollywood movies! :hug:

I think u2 are the sort of band who are pretty socialable but like everyone has there good and bad days. If only had known at that time but still i don't know what i would have said.
But we were so close!
*cries*
lol
:wave:

When I see videos of the band meeting crowds of fans outside the hotel or venue, it looks so chaotic that of course they are going to pass over some people. I think it's unrealistic to think that if you're standing in a screaming crowd that the band members will notice YOU and talk to YOU. It's not that they're trying to snub anyone, but they would be there for hours if they stopped and talked to every single person. People need to be reasonable when it comes to this and try to see it from the band's perspective.

Back
Top Bottom