Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed? - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Band Meetings and Sightings
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #121
The Fly

Local Time: 09:46 AM
I would never approach him. I would be too afraid to make an idiot out of myself. I would not know how to react or what to say to him. So I rather admire him from afar.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #122
Refugee

Local Time: 08:46 AM
Although I would try to approach to him. It depends on the situation, but I would be afraid of bothering him.....

Old 12-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #123
Babyface

Local Time: 01:46 AM
Got a friend (Debbie) who stalked them for a year during the Elevation tour. At the airport in Las Vegas, Bono and the boys were racing down the loading ramp to meet their plane. Having by now seen Debbie at roughly 11 different concerts/airports and not stopped to greet her yet, Bono ran by her holding up his hand toward her face in a "Not now!" motion. She was crushed!!
Adam felt bad and stopped for a quick pic. Turns out, their Visas were expiring at midnight so they had to get in the air ASAP.
As a P.S. to this sad tale, Debby went the Grammy's that year to again wait for an opportunity in the band arrival area. Bono got out of his Limo, wife and son in tow. He saw Debby and of course recognized her. He told his son to sit on the curb and wait, crossed the street and said "Okay, but let me stand on the curb so I look talker than you." she got her photo.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:49 AM   #124
The Fly

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AchtungShell View Post
Got a friend (Debbie) who stalked them for a year during the Elevation tour. At the airport in Las Vegas, Bono and the boys were racing down the loading ramp to meet their plane. Having by now seen Debbie at roughly 11 different concerts/airports and not stopped to greet her yet, Bono ran by her holding up his hand toward her face in a "Not now!" motion. She was crushed!!
Adam felt bad and stopped for a quick pic. Turns out, their Visas were expiring at midnight so they had to get in the air ASAP.
As a P.S. to this sad tale, Debby went the Grammy's that year to again wait for an opportunity in the band arrival area. Bono got out of his Limo, wife and son in tow. He saw Debby and of course recognized her. He told his son to sit on the curb and wait, crossed the street and said "Okay, but let me stand on the curb so I look talker than you." she got her photo.
That's so funny that they were racing to meet the plane for that reason. Glad Debbie finally got to meet Bono. Interesting how they recognize someone. I would think that even after 11 times of seeing a fan, that it would be impossible to remember/recognize since they see thousands of people all the time.

Anyone know what would have happened if they stayed past midnight? Got arrested? Fined? Are they really strict about this, even with U2?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #125
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
Anyone know what would have happened if they stayed past midnight?
They would turn into pumpkins lemons.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #126
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Old 12-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #127
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
They would turn into pumpkins lemons.

I was going to write that myself (not the lemon part), but I decided not to because I thought people wouldn't take my question seriously.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:05 AM   #128
Babyface

@ Achtung11.
The recognizing of Debbie came down to a few things: 1. Bless her heart, that girl was persistant. Eleven or more shows and she had the inside track on where their flights were coming in. So she would do about 1/2 of a show then go to the airport and sit and wait. Plus she had (has) a super supportive husband who told her "Go! Meet him! Get this out if your system so we can finally settle down and have a family." So she did.
2. She traveled about w/ this weirdly freakish Bono look-a-like who was her friend but also was a guy looking for a job w/ the band. I mean it was weird! This guy, put in a camo-hat, fly shades and the leather peace dove jacket was a ringer! So Debs traveled w/ him and Bono took notice cause her look-a-like friend was probably a bit for Bono like looking into a mirror. At one show (the super bowl half time show) where again they did 1/2 time in the heart, then off to the airport, Bono signed the look-a-like guys coat with "I am me. Bono"
Not sure what would have happened about the Visa bit. Debs just said they were all runnin' and runnin' hard to get to the plane and up in the air. It was Adam who mentioned to her the Visa bit.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #129
Babyface

@ Achtung11
Ugh. Tried to write you the response on how Bono knew the Debbie girl, but apparently the iphone can't commit to connecting at 3am. Bastard phone!

Lets see if I can't get this post to go thru
Old 12-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #130
Babyface

Weird..posted it. Good!
Old 12-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #131
The Fly

Wow, that's really cool.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:29 PM   #132
Babyface

Cheers Achtung11...sorry to go on. It's fun to tell these stories though.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:36 AM   #133
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung11 View Post
That's so funny that they were racing to meet the plane for that reason. Glad Debbie finally got to meet Bono. Interesting how they recognize someone. I would think that even after 11 times of seeing a fan, that it would be impossible to remember/recognize since they see thousands of people all the time.
I wonder if Bono remembers the girls/boys who he rises up on concerts.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:35 PM   #134
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:46 AM
Some of them, who've been up more than once yes. He remembers them. Amp for instance, he definitely recognizes, same with U2brother. So I guess it depends if you're a familiar face. Adam also said that they do recognize people on the front row if they've been to shows before.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #135
Refugee

And I now remember that when they were signing the U2 BY U2 books in 2006 (I guess), Edge recognized Niamh Saoirse. She told in another u2 forum (not sure if in this one too) that she had meet Bono/U2 like 6 times (I don´t know now) and I guess she had been on stage too.