Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed? - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > PLEBA > Band Meetings and Sightings
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2006, 01:51 AM   #76
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
"Bono what happened? We were all here at five!" and Bono has the most confused look on his face and then goes "oh....I was here, up there!" Laura replies, "but you said to meet you down here." and this cute look comes on his face and before he can finish apologizing, some crazy fans push us over and basically jump him, but the look on his face said "oh fuck, I'm really sorry."

It was sooo funny. I'm not mad or resentful at all, b/c now I can honestly say I've been stood up by Bono!
haha, I'm just reading this now... too cute!

Old 02-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by beau2ifulday
I reserve my blowing (of kisses) for Adam and Adam alone

Ditto

Old 04-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #78
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Val

Yeah, you shouldn't be bitter when people in the 400's couldn't even see him at all. How do you think they felt when Bono neglected to scream and point..."You, up there....Yeah, you.... climb on down... and then climb on up....

People in the 300's can be so darn selfish!
Oh boy did I think that John Taylor was going to point to me and say " YOU, yes YOU , in the red dress in the nosebleed seats! I LOVE YOU! Let's get married after the show!"

he never did... imagine that!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:52 AM   #79
The Fly

Local Time: 01:47 AM
Re:

I've read some of the experiences of fans being snubbed by the members of U2 in this thread and I have to say "I really feel for you"
I feel your pain because it happened to me, the only difference was the celebrity musician was with another band.
After worrying about what I did to deserve the rude treatment and feeling depressed over it, a good friend said "you probably didn't do anything wrong and he's probably a superficial jerk who's not worth the sweat of your ass".

((HUGS)) to all who've had bad experiences with any celebrity
Old 06-07-2009, 02:16 PM   #80
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 09:47 PM
Wow, old thread.

That reminds me though, the otter I gave to my sister - well, she threw it out after her cat trashed it. So the otter is no more
Old 06-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #81
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:47 PM
i always hate that the word "snubbed" is used in these situations. the band members don't owe anyone their time.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #82
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumination70 View Post
I've read some of the experiences of fans being snubbed by the members of U2 in this thread and I have to say "I really feel for you"
I feel your pain because it happened to me, the only difference was the celebrity musician was with another band.
After worrying about what I did to deserve the rude treatment and feeling depressed over it, a good friend said "you probably didn't do anything wrong and he's probably a superficial jerk who's not worth the sweat of your ass".

((HUGS)) to all who've had bad experiences with any celebrity
I'm sorry you had a bad experience -- it's never fun to be snapped at or rejected by anyone, let alone those we look up to. And what your friend said might indeed be correct.

But your friend could have said "you probably didn't do anything wrong and he's probably just had a really bad day" and been correct also. Maybe he'd recently gotten a call from his young daughter who was hurt and wanted her daddy to hold her, but he couldn't because he was thousands of miles away; maybe he'd just gotten some bad results from a medical test; maybe he found out a friend or family member had gotten bad results from a medical test; maybe he'd just found out his accountant had absconded with most of his money; maybe he'd just been arguing with his band members and his wife (or girlfriend/boyfriend) and his manager and his record label and the venue management; maybe his pusher was late and he was jonesing for a fix; maybe he'd just gotten up on the wrong side of the bed that day.

I think fans often think the celebrities they admire live completely charmed lives and should always be "on" for their fans. But they are people too, with all sorts of irritations and hassles to manage. And just like everyone else, some manage these things better than others.

So yeah, maybe the guy you met is a complete asshole, but maybe you just caught him at a bad time. Would you want to be judged on a 10 second meeting?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:52 PM   #83
Val
Rock n' Roll Doggie

It's so weird to read an old post that you wrote and 1) not remember it, and 2) not recognize your personality in it.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:03 AM   #84
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:47 AM
Took me 2 pages to notice this is a thread from 2005

Old 06-08-2009, 01:43 PM   #85
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
Wow, old thread.

That reminds me though, the otter I gave to my sister - well, she threw it out after her cat trashed it. So the otter is no more
No more otter? What a shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i always hate that the word "snubbed" is used in these situations. the band members don't owe anyone their time.
Same here. We're all grumpy at times..
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:52 PM   #86
War Child

Not "snubbed," per se ... but as it happened like it did, I probably wouldn't have had it differently.

My DD and I stood outside the Tampa arena for hours waiting for U2 to arrive, hoping they would come out at soundcheck. They didn't come to soundcheck and Rocko actually came out and told those of us who were there that they weren't coming, etc. We stood outside anyway until they arrived.

We were probably 6 ft. away from the cars coming in. Bono's first -- window up, didn't even look. Edge's window up, he glanced. Then Adam's car came by ... Window fully down and he gave us a dazzling smile and waved to us.

Then ... Larry's car came by -- he had his window rolled down so you could see him from the nose up and you could tell from his eyes he was smiling and he gave us a little salute.

So ... we were very happy that day.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #87
Blue Crack Distributor

Usually Bono rolls his window down and waves. At least he does when I'm there. He did that with us in Philly on the first leg and I got a couple of pics of him waving in the car
Old 06-11-2009, 05:41 PM   #88
War Child

I know! But we were very happy to make eye contact with the Silver Fox and seeing Larry's smiling eyes.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:24 AM   #89
War Child

Local Time: 11:47 AM
Sorry to hear some fans had bad times . The boys do try there best with fans meeting them and pics. Its a matter if they have time because not all the time they can greet there fans. They are very kind men.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramullen View Post
Usually Bono rolls his window down and waves. At least he does when I'm there.
I think I know what you meant, but this sounds HILARIOUS, Laura!!!!!