Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i always hate that the word "snubbed" is used in these situations. the band members don't owe anyone their time.

I have to agree with this. I have met U2 once and felt very fortunate after years of trying. But I've been passed by many times before that. Sometimes, the situation doesn't really allow them to spend time. Fans tend to lose their shit when Bono walks out and security isn't going to let him go out if it looks crazy. Also, if it's at a show, they usually have interviews going on backstage...so they may not have time to spend out with the fans. Like someone else said, they are human and have bad days too. Doesn't make it any less of a bummer but they really don't have to spend time with any of us or may just not feel like it. I have met bands who are a lot smaller than U2 and who are straight up assholes to their fans. We're pretty fortunate to be fans of a band who gives a shit about any of us, really.

I have to agree with this. I have met U2 once and felt very fortunate after years of trying. But I've been passed by many times before that. Sometimes, the situation doesn't really allow them to spend time. Fans tend to lose their shit when Bono walks out and security isn't going to let him go out if it looks crazy. Also, if it's at a show, they usually have interviews going on backstage...so they may not have time to spend out with the fans. Like someone else said, they are human and have bad days too. Doesn't make it any less of a bummer but they really don't have to spend time with any of us or may just not feel like it. I have met bands who are a lot smaller than U2 and who are straight up assholes to their fans. We're pretty fortunate to be fans of a band who gives a shit about any of us, really.

:applaud::up: Exactly! And they don't have to see any fans if they don't want to. I haven't met U2 but I know they love the fans and try to give back as much as they can. I am just really glad they're still making music! Would I love to meet U2? Absolutely! Would I break down and cry and never listen to them again if I don't? No. That's just childish IMO. If you get "snubbed" then tough luck. Just, like chels82 said, be glad they care at all.

I agree that snubbed is strong, but is prob used because the person who received that got 'hurt' - TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE!

but as said, they would have time set aside to come say hi, but on the whole, cannot give full undivided attention to everyone. :hug:

Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!

Sorry.....stopped too soon. NOw, don't get me wrong....I LOVE BONO, BUT I also feel that he should never be rude unless someone is being rude to him or crossing the line. But to tell someone to FOAD when asked about the ONE campaign is dispicable and I hope it is not true. I love Bono and I know that he is human like the rest of us, and we all get in our moods and have bad days, but when you make the money he makes (411 million U2 made with the last tour) then you should suck it up and put a smile on your face because the fans are the ones giving you your paycheck you arrogant jerk! I love Bono, but be nice to ALL OF YOUR FANS because you wouldn't be riding in that MASERATI or flying to your many homes or living such a fabulous life without them!

Last edited:
I've seen Bono several times, I only talked to him once, the others I felt that he was on his private time and I didn't want to trespass, but when I could talk to him, he was really nice and interested in what I had to say, he made me feel comfortable from the first second, that's why I find it so difficult to beleive some of the stories people tell.

Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

Is this true? If so, Sorry, no excuse. You don't tell anyone to FOAD when a fan asks about the ONE Campaign. I mean, no excuse. I have been fortunate enough to meet Edge, Adam, and Bono, but Bono is arrogant and has an attitude. Which, by the way, I feel is no excuse. I know that he gets hasselled all the time and that he has no privacy, but GUESS WHAT FOLKS...THAT IS WHAT HE SIGNED UP FOR!!

umm.. not buying anything of what you are saying.. can you give us more info behind the 'supposed incident'... This is pretty vague if you ask me and I find it very hard to believe.:huh:

Sorry.....stopped too soon. NOw, don't get me wrong....I LOVE BONO, BUT I also feel that he should never be rude unless someone is being rude to him or crossing the line. But to tell someone to FOAD when asked about the ONE campaign is dispicable and I hope it is not true. I love Bono and I know that he is human like the rest of us, and we all get in our moods and have bad days, but when you make the money he makes (411 million U2 made with the last tour) then you should suck it up and put a smile on your face because the fans are the ones giving you your paycheck you arrogant jerk! I love Bono, but be nice to ALL OF YOUR FANS because you wouldn't be riding in that MASERATI or flying to your many homes or living such a fabulous life without them!

oh that's real nice.. and just so understanding ... not. Honestly you expect any of us to believe you when you don't give more background behind this and just make a random statement like that?:|

funny this is in your profile
Have you met U2?
Yes. They are awesome. Very nice.
quite the opposite of what you are saying here..don't ya think?

umm.. not buying anything of what you are saying.. can you give us more info behind the 'supposed incident'... This is pretty vague if you ask me and I find it very hard to believe.:huh:

I sort of got the idea that the first paragraph of her post is supposed to be something she's quoting...?

And yeah, I don't buy it, either. I've met him, and so have many, many others around here. That's one of the most unBono-like things I've ever heard.

I sort of got the idea that the first paragraph of her post is supposed to be something she's quoting...?

And yeah, I don't buy it, either. I've met him, and so have many, many others around here. That's one of the most unBono-like things I've ever heard.

if so but its REALLY HARD TO TELL..:huh:

its so ridiculous it makes me think she ran into the a-hole impersonator that we all know and love so much..That would fit so much more.

You guys, she's quoting from this, which is on page four of this thread...and has a smiley face.

Oops still can't figure out how to insert quotes.
Use the quote button below a post or use , you can also press the quote button, that's the little text balloon next to the image button(the mountain thingy).

Maybe you should chill out and read the post again. In whole this time.

That comment was followed with a :laugh:. It's obviously a joke.

And he didn't sign up to get harassed and stalked, nor did he sign up for losing his privacy. He joined a band and they got big, that does not mean people lose all respect for him and be selfish and stalk him. If people respect the man and his privacy, he'll be nice to them in return.
If you're a stalkerish weirdo who snuffs in his trash, goes everywhere he goes, then yeah, I can understand if he's not the nicest man to you. Nobody writes up to deserve people like this. :|

Use the quote button below a post or use , you can also press the quote button, that's the little text balloon next to the image button(the mountain thingy).

Maybe you should chill out and read the post again. In whole this time.

That comment was followed with a :laugh:. It's obviously a joke.

And he didn't sign up to get harassed and stalked, nor did he sign up for losing his privacy. He joined a band and they got big, that does not mean people lose all respect for him and be selfish and stalk him. If people respect the man and his privacy, he'll be nice to them in return.
If you're a stalkerish weirdo who snuffs in his trash, goes everywhere he goes, then yeah, I can understand if he's not the nicest man to you. Nobody writes up to deserve people like this. :|

^THIS! thanks GG.

(Sorry if I´m posting this on the incorrect thread)

Some fans have told me that Bono was very evasive with Argentinian fans, but I DID see some pics of him with fans and on this forum too. He may appeared seriously, but what? I appear in pics seriously too and not because of that I´m angry or something like that. The man may not wanted all the people to get too crazy like in Vertigo Tour, but I´d not like his image to come down :(
An I still think that Larry was the most evasive.

I think sometimes fans are too demanding of the band, and act like they're entitled to have encounters or pictures or autographs.

They have a great reputation for being very open with fans, but heaven forbid the band is just having a bad day, or the fans are just too pushy or too big of a crowd that day. If the crowd looks too crazy, they're right to not stop, in my opinion.

And if the fans get pissed off about it, they have no right to be. They don't *owe* you anything. If they don't stop, they have a good reason for it, I'm sure. And that reason is not "Oh, they don't care about us anymore." Get over yourselves.

I saw someone on another message board go off on this huge rant about how the band used to stop every time, and this last time she was there, they didn't stop and oh my god, you'd have thought Bono had killed her dog or something. And this woman had met them many times before.

I had to restrain myself from going off on her. I was amazed that no one else did.

There are a lot of articles and pics right now about where Bono is currently in another area away from the band because he'd like some privacy. There are a lot of photos too, with fans who have still met him but they are unexpected encounters, and he is still always posing for pics with him. But the articles are saying he was feeling trapped in his hotel by fans who will not let him leave. And he is being hounded horribly by paparazzi there. Hard to believe it could be worse than what he's accustomed to normally, but obviously it is pretty bad. Still though, nothing I've seen with fans meeting him in this more private location say he has snubbed them, he still always is kind enough to take the photos.

Here are a couple translations from recent articles:

Bono, lead singer of U2, Mendoza arrived at noon to retreat from the harassment of its fans in Buenos Aries, where "I can not leave the hotel" and visit some wineries.

The leader of the Irish group U2 arrived in a Learjet private plane LV-BFG with five other people. A witness heard they were on the agenda several wineries to visit, on the advice of Gustavo Santaolalla.

Bono arrived incognito at noon to Mendoza, invited by his friend, composer and musician Gustavo Santaolalla, who won two Oscars for the soundtracks of the movies Babel and Brokeback Mountain.

As reported by the Los Andes de Mendoza, the leader of U2 wanted to know the province of the wines before continuing his tour of Latin America, which next week will land in San Pablo, Brazil.

Apparently, the singer arrived at the airport on a private jet Mendoza at 12.20 accompanied by a person. One rumor suggests that the singer went to the farm in Lunlunta Santaolalla, Maipú, where there is already a strong guard and guard journalistic.

Bono wanted to visit Mendoza by the fame of its wines, and asked to make a flying visit to see and taste the Malbec wine.

According to the newspaper Los Andes, the Irish singer will fly back to Buenos Aires at 17 to meet with their peer group and prepare for the trip to Brazil.

and some pics

bonoargentinacoffeebreak13-20112.jpg

bonoargentinacoffeebreak13-20113.jpg

bonoargentinacoffeebreak13-2011.jpg

:up:

well said, Gg!

Yes, that´s what people don´t understand. He needs privacy too, and I guess it´s not the first time. I remember that a Spanish girl (not on this tour) told me that none of them had signed to anyone ._.
And he looks a bit tired on some of those pics that you posted comet.

This is my opinion so sorry if I am being blunt.
If I ever ran in to him in public when he is "off duty" I would never approach him. Not even for a picture and especially not when he is with his family or dining with friends, whatever. At the arena or recording studio or tv appearance, whatever, that's different, he is working and expects to be approached.
Dear Screaming, stalker fans:
Don't you know he will look at you with disdain under those shades and find you incredibly annoying and rude even if he is POLITE to you? Why would you want your hero to look at you with dread (underneath)? Really his life is not going to change if he hears you scream in his face that you love him. How many times has heard that?? Probably a billion. How does that make you special or memroable to him? It doesn't. You are one in a bazillion people who adore him. He gets it. He knows you like him. Now move along.

When he is mobbed as he has been lately, it makes me cringe and makes me glad that in places of the world he can still walk around and people respect his space and privacy.
That's the whole thing... if you love him, respect him. He will love you more!! :) shhhh... dont' tell anybody. :)

This is my opinion so sorry if I am being blunt.
If I ever ran in to him in public when he is "off duty" I would never approach him. Not even for a picture and especially not when he is with his family or dining with friends, whatever. At the arena or recording studio or tv appearance, whatever, that's different, he is working and expects to be approached.
Dear Screaming, stalker fans:
Don't you know he will look at you with disdain under those shades and find you incredibly annoying and rude even if he is POLITE to you? Why would you want your hero to look at you with dread (underneath)? Really his life is not going to change if he hears you scream in his face that you love him. How many times has heard that?? Probably a billion. How does that make you special or memroable to him? It doesn't. You are one in a bazillion people who adore him. He gets it. He knows you like him. Now move along.

When he is mobbed as he has been lately, it makes me cringe and makes me glad that in places of the world he can still walk around and people respect his space and privacy.
That's the whole thing... if you love him, respect him. He will love you more!! :) shhhh... dont' tell anybody. :)

No. I just tend to steer clear at all times. I will never try and approach any member of U2. This works out fine because I don't live anywhere near Dublin. They keep out my way and I keep out of their way.

What does FOAD mean? Maybe he was referring to origami?

Do you think Bono has ever been stalked? Do you think he'll sue The News Of The World for phone hacking? Do you think phone hacking by newspapers has been a concern for U2 over the years?

Back
Top Bottom