Anyone Met Member Of U2 But Got Snubbed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
passingcat said:

My friend lucy who may i add is very attractive (so he wasn't rejecting her on looks...) got right near the front of an elevation tour UK and blew a kiss to Bono(he was right near to her) whilst sat on her mates shoulders but he blew her out and ignored her for the rest the show-apparently Edge saw her heartbreak and smiled reassuringly at her for 5 minutes realizing she was gutted....

guys must have bad days as well-he didn't pull a girl out the crowd that day either

ever got em in a bad mood?

ps: It affected her so bad she lost abit of confidence and didn't listen to her U2 albums for 8 months-I think all she wanted was a smile and couldn't believe he was so pissed off !! he normally laps it up i'd say

:eyebrow:

ummm... there's like 18,000 people in an arena... kinda hard for bono to smile at everyone

ok ok

OK OK.....what really happened was Bono looked straight at her and when she smiled back unfortunetly for him and her,her newly fitted false teeth fell out right in front of him( real ones previously knocked out by another U2 girl fan fighting with her over who was gonna dance with him at another U2 concerT....)-so she knew she'd blown IT, any dance with him that is.... as Bono never does false teeth...-THEN THIS DARN OTTER APPEARED CREATING A FUSS ( some people thought that part abit odd, abit on the strange side they did?!)and bono just scowled at the lot of em and ran from the catwalk as quick as he could...:bump::ohmy:

ps: Afterwards to a passing journalist The Edge commented that it was normal to see the otter appear but he had never seen it so offended before and wondered if they had lost it for good and had rowed continually with bono over it...

Last edited:
unosdostres14 said:
I looked at Bono for like two hours straight and he never called me out of Section 312 Row 8 and onto the stage. WHAT A FUCKING JERK!
Well that is sad that you feel that way, so does the rest of the women would love to be onstage also. Well I met him and he didn't look at me once . But I met him. I am blessed.:wink: :wink:

kellyahern said:
467a24d8.jpg

He's still bitter about it too.

:wink:

I'm so glad to see the otter return to the threads. I thought this was the funniest thing ever. :giggle:

thats him.... that the otter!!!!the one Edge misses....

obviously hit the drink after the BONO rejection episode!!!:yes: :drunk:

mysticchild said:
Well that is sad that you feel that way, so does the rest of the women would love to be onstage also. Well I met him and he didn't look at me once . But I met him. I am blessed.:wink: :wink:

Yeah, you shouldn't be bitter when people in the 400's couldn't even see him at all. How do you think they felt when Bono neglected to scream and point..."You, up there....Yeah, you.... climb on down... and then climb on up....

People in the 300's can be so darn selfish!

HEY ! HANG ON A MINUTE LETS GET THE STORY RIGHT....I'm sure at one of the Zoo TV concerts Bono did dance with the Otter-c'mon...don't you remember,it really jived some and got to kiss him afterwards......I even think he LOST HIMSELF FOR A MOMENT AND EVEN moaned in it ear when its fur rubbed against the side of his neck.....then he run jump kicked it off the stage to save it climbing back down......i think it landed in a pint of bitter-loved the taste and been hooked on it ever since.

I heard in the gossip colums somewhere once that Bono never lived the moaning with the Otter incident down and paid it off ever since to keep away from concerts-I believe it just can't keep away and often goes disguised as a womans fluffy hat,raising to take the odd peek at Bono when no ones looking

If you wrack your memory sommma you will recall the moving hat inside the heart....yeah-wih me now....

Last edited:
passingcat said:
HEY ! HANG ON A MINUTE LETS GET THE STORY RIGHT....I'm sure at one of the Zoo TV concerts Bono did dance with the Otter-c'mon...don't you remember,it really jived some and got to kiss him afterwards......I even think he LOST HIMSELF FOR A MOMENT AND EVEN moaned in it ear when its fur rubbed against the side of his neck.....then he run jump kicked it off the stage to save it climbing back down......i think it landed in a pint of bitter-loved the taste and been hooked on it ever since.

I heard in the gossip colums somewhere once that Bono never lived the moaning with the Otter incident down and paid it off ever since to keep away from concerts-I believe it just can't keep away and often goes disguised as a womans fluffy hat,raising to take the odd peek at Bono when no ones looking

If you wrack your memory sommma you will recall the moving hat inside the heart....yeah-wih me now....

nah, that was a dolphin

343%3C9%3C2%3B23232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2327%3D783%3D89%3C%3DXROQDF%3E232346%3B495%3B85ot1lsi

nah-that was the otter diguised as a dolphin trying get on stage again...if you look closely you can see its really an otter but you have to look really closely and concentrate for I'd say 3 hours-then have a break-go back-look again and you'll see it....if not have a double vodka,a large whisky and 3 Gin and tonics and you won't fail to spot the Otter in disguise....:bump:

MattFromNYC said:
she probably just thought he ignored her. he either was in the middle of singing, didnt even realize... or some other thing. he goes into his own little world sometimes when on stage. or he saw her, but just didn't really respond... i mean, i bet there's hundreds of women (and maybe even men, lol) throeing him kisses. some people tend to think they are the only ones in the entire crowd and if bono doesnt give them absolute full attention, then that means he's being rude or ignoring them, when it isnt the case. just my 2 cents.

My thought exactly, Matt. :)

yeah-i think maybe she's hyper sensitive

abit like the otter......

she didn't hit the drink over it though.....:wink:

MattFromNYC said:

You crazy Adam women, you. :wink:

Adam's really becoming the favorite amongst the ladies lately, eh? :eyebrow:

*taking notes* lol

Lately? He's been tied with Bono as my fave for 4 years now.

(casual U2 fan 10 years, knowing their names, 5 years ;))

You're taking notes hehe. First, adopt an accent. 2nd, say things like "women are the stronger sex" and that "making love involves 2 people, having sex only involves one. " 3rd, keep taking notes. ;)

+++

This was the Elevation tour, from one of the U.K. dates? Wasn't this around the time Bono's father was in the hospital and he was flying back and forth to see him? He might have been in a lousy mood, but I wouldn't blame him for that.

Bono told me to FOAD when I asked him about getting involved with the One campaign. I thought that was a little harsh, seeing as he is always asking for support, ya know?

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom