Zoo Station: Fan Appreciation Night in SF, Sat. June 14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
ACHTUNG!

Since we owe ya'll for voting us BEST COVER BAND in the recent SF Weekly Best Of SF 2008 issue, we're going to pay you back this weekend at our 'Fan Appreciation Show':

SATURDAY, JUNE 14
BLACKTHORN TAVERN
834 IRVING
SAN FRANCISCO, CA

Not only will you get a raffle ticket for some cool U2 schwag with your cover charge, you can also help pick our songlist! Simply reply to this post (or email /myspace us) with some songs you want us to play, we'll rank'em, The Sledge will then throw the ones out that he doesn't want to do ;-) ...and VOILA!

Of course, you gotta post here, email us or myspace us by this Wednesday, June 11th, 5pm PST, so we have time to rehearse 'em.

Ok woohoo!!!!

Ummm

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Mofo
Gone
Touch
If God Would Send His Angels
Original of the Species
Helter Skelter
Electrical Storm
The Ground Beneath Her Feet

See you Saturday Guys!!!

Oh man! :(

This is the last week of classes before summer vacation starts, which means I'm swamped with work and with the rate things are going at the moment, I'm afraid all I wanna do by the time it's 3 PM on Saturday (when my schoolyear is actually over), is crawl into bed and sleep.

If I'm awake, then who knows. Although I wouldn't count on it too much.

But just in case, here are some songs the Sledge can choose from :

Numb
Van Diemen's Land
Sunday Bloody Sunday (acoustic like Popmart).

:wink:

Plus some more for the rest of you :

Rejoice
Pary Girl
Elvis Presley and America ( Should be fun for Bonalmost! :lol: )
Lady with the spinning head.

And I looked through the mighty long song list on the zoo website, because I and this had me wondering :

Is there even a u2 song left that you guys haven't played yet?

:wave:
I like your list, Justin.

Thank You Miri :)

Actually I would also like to see if Walk On, Lemon, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Care, or Acrobat also if possible?

LOL I think we should pick ZS's set for Redwood City. Hey Sicy are you going to make it for their show in July in Redwood City? Miri are you going this Saturday to BlackThorn Tavern?

LOL I think we should pick ZS's set for Redwood City.

I'm happy with whatever ZS decides to play.

Hey Sicy are you going to make it for their show in July in Redwood City?

That would be fun!

Miri are you going this Saturday to BlackThorn Tavern?

Work has been going better as expected the last couple of days.
And today is my day off, which gives me plenty of time to prepare for tomorrow's classes.
So things are looking good.
Yes, I think I'll be there tomorrow.

Just a quick note to report we spent hours in a 100 degree rehearsal room last night going over all these "interesting" songs that were voted in. When we left, we were exhausted and completely dehydrated, but god dammit... "Lemon" is ready to go, for better or for worse. Other than that, no spoliers although we will be playing one song from R&H that we've never done before.

spent hours in a 100 degree rehearsal room last night

The sauna sure is an unusual place to rehearse! :wink:

"Lemon" is ready to go, for better or for worse.

:uhoh: Who the hell requested that one?

Other than that, no spoliers although we will be playing one song from R&H that we've never done before.

:hmm:

OK, so I looked through the list and there's 2 mighty short songs from the album missing there + one b-side from a single.

Fantastic show last night!

Thanks for playing Lady with the spinning head. :heart:

And NUMB. :shifty:

Totally forgot I put that down for the Sledge/Mike.:doh:
Even teased him with not choosing any of my suggestions (Van Diemen's Land an SBS acoustic) after the show. :uhoh:
:reject:

But Justin, I did remember correctly that you requested Walk on.
And WOW, look how many of your choices were played!

Lemon went well. :up:
Love rescue me :combust:
The acoustic part (OOTS, Wild Honey, Desire) of the second set was great!
LAPOE :bonodrum:
Etc, etc

And even though I didn't win anything, the raffle was a really sweet thing to do.
Great prizes!

I feel bad I wish more of your songs were played hehehe. Great show though. I have to get that one lady's name from this past show and from Brittanias hehe.

One of the best Set lists Eva!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUNE 14, 2008
BLACKTHORN TAVERN
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Mofo
I Will Follow
Electrical Storm
Lemon >
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
All I Want Is You
Where the Streets Have No Name
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Unforgettable Fire >
Spanish Eyes
One
Helter Skelter
Lady With the Spinning Head >
The Fly
Wire
Window In the Skies
Original Of the Species
Wild Honey
Desire
Love and Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Two Hearts Beat As One
Angel Of Harlem
Love Rescue Me
Until the End Of the World
Gloria
Touch
Acrobat
Numb
Walk On
Pride
One Tree Hill
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

I feel bad I wish more of your songs were played hehehe.

No!
Don't (feel bad).
There's no need.
Like I said before :

I'm happy with whatever ZS decides to play.

However,
I have to get that one lady's name from this past show and from Brittanias hehe.

:tsk:

You should ask a person's name and info at the time you see them, not afterwards. I'm sure she will be at other ZS shows. But I happen to know her name is ...

I know her name is Natalie. I didn't really think to much until I got in the car and then I was like fuck! :) Plus she was drunk, so I don't think it would have been the best time. Question do you have MSN messenge or Yahoo Messenger? If so and if you wan't to chat email me at justinschlesinger@yahoo.com

I know her name is Natalie. I didn't really think to much until I got in the car and then I was like fuck! :) Plus she was drunk, so I don't think it would have been the best time. Question do you have MSN messenge or Yahoo Messenger? If so and if you wan't to chat email me at justinschlesinger@yahoo.com

Hope she made it home safe.

No, don't have messenger programs installed on my computer.
I do have facebook however.

Back
Top Bottom