Zoo Station celebrates it's 400th show!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skott100

Acrobat
21dlylj.jpg

Friday, October 8, 2010
ST. JAMES GATE
1410 Old County Road
Belmont, CA

Calling all Zoo Station fans from waaaaay back to just last week. The gig-o-meter is about to flip past 400 shows. Please join Bonalmost, The Sledge, Adamesque, Barely Larry and The World's Best Fans (that's you!) as we celebrate, elevate, imitate and commemorate at St James Gate. See you in Belmont!

I know you're asking yourself, "Yes, but what do I wear?" Well, we have that covered. Just like The Man says, take this shirt...
Zoo Station 400th Show Shirt from Zazzle.com

Congratulations ZS guys! That's a lot of tunes, fans, and trips to and from your band vehicles. Hope to see you soon, preferably before your 500th!

Hey Cori-

Since you have your finger on the pulse of Seattle U2 Nerdlife (you know I type that with love)...

We'll have a post up soon for song requests but do you think dedicating one set to an entire album would go over up there? We've done album shows for Boy, Under A Blood Red Sky/Red Rocks, Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby and our ATYCLB show will be ready soon. We're hoping to do something special that night because y'all were so good to us last time. So, like the song says... What do you want? Album show? Or just a truckload of requests?

Oooooh, I don't know!

Me personally, I like the variety of eras. I liked that your show last time started like a 360 show, and then you had the big classics, and some really rare stuff, that sort of thing. It was like opening presents on Christmas morning and everything was exciting, and shiny and new, and gloriously ....

Oh, sorry. You get the picture.

I can't even pretend to know what the pulse of the U2 fans is around here.

What's the reaction been to doing a whole album at other shows you've played? Or is that different because you're playing shows/places for people that see you often, as opposed to going somewhere new and playing for new people?

The album/tour-centric shows are always a hit with the hardcore fans, and there's usually enough familiar songs for the people who are more casual about U2. We're just in that brainstorming stage about Seattle right now where we don't want to repeat ourselves but also don't wanna mess with the a working formula too much either. It'll be hard to top the last show, but we still gotta try, right?

What's the reaction been to doing a whole album at other shows you've played? Or is that different because you're playing shows/places for people that see you often, as opposed to going somewhere new and playing for new people?

*butting in*

I think playing for new people / new places, the variety of eras/hits will probably go over better than album blocks. For us here we've all seen them a bunch of times so we are fine with either specific eras or a mix of them.. and we generally bitch about the shows that are short and just play 'all hits'. (not really bitch.. but of course we prefer the 3 set shows compared to 1 sets..). But I'd imagine for new places/people the 'hits' will go over better. I cant imagine there are too many 'super crazy U2 fans' like cori in her area.. but I cant say for sure.

I AM THE QUEEN OF SEATTLE U2 FANS!!!!

Perhaps. I mean, we haven't had a To The Death battle or anything.

Yet.

:shifty:

@gvox Heh! Well the 25 is actually a ZS for "Zoo" and "Station" but the characters in the current "U2 Font Of Choice" are easily mixed up.

Back
Top Bottom