Will there be a Cleveland III?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

enggirl

Acrobat
Of course I missed I...and I have to go to a *&%$ family reunion on the 14th and will miss II...so I wonder if anyone has considered putting together a III right before it's all packed up?:scream:

hey, count me in. i have to work on something critically important next week, and then i'm going to BC so i will have to miss this gathering.
but i promise i'll be up for the next one. cuz i need to meet more u2 fans, and damn i need a break! :scream:

When does the exhibit end? I know it's September, but does that mean the end or the beginning? (I know I could quickly look this info up, but I'm being lazy--sorry!) Is anyone else up for another trip to Cle?

I was in Cleveland in February, will be there this weekend and would love to be there when it ends. They say September but never gave an exact date.:ohmy:

Last edited:
We will be having a sort of Cleveland III in July, for the PLEBAns "convention". It'll be the weekend of the 18th, 19th and 20th, actually some people going Thursday the 17th for a day at Cedar Point, a nearby amusement park. See thread here:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75150

Heard it was lotsa fun last year, hoping I can make it this year!

Pending my time off negotiations, I'll also be there the first weekend of September (hi arw!! :wave: ) It would be cool to meet other people who will be around at the same time.

Yes - How about the third U2 Fan Celebration weekend in Cleveland in September!? The last weekend before the U2 Exhibit closes down and with the weather being decent? Lots of concerts ? the Elevation bands / October (Toronto) / Zoo Station and other U2 tribute bands. Maybe an exclusive advance listening party to the new U2 album coming out at the end of October? How about a Q & A with U2 via satellite? A preview of the upcoming Slane Castle DVD? Or maybe Labor Day weekend which gives everybody more travel time?

bonosloveslave said:
We will be having a sort of Cleveland III in July, for the PLEBAns "convention". It'll be the weekend of the 18th, 19th and 20th, actually some people going Thursday the 17th for a day at Cedar Point, a nearby amusement park. See thread here:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=75150

Heard it was lotsa fun last year, hoping I can make it this year!

I have a teaching assignment that weekend. :mad: :mad: :censored: :censored: :scream: :scream:

U2Soar said:
Yes - How about the third U2 Fan Celebration weekend in Cleveland in September!? The last weekend before the U2 Exhibit closes down and with the weather being decent? Lots of concerts ? the Elevation bands / October (Toronto) / Zoo Station and other U2 tribute bands. Maybe an exclusive advance listening party to the new U2 album coming out at the end of October? How about a Q & A with U2 via satellite? A preview of the upcoming Slane Castle DVD? Or maybe Labor Day weekend which gives everybody more travel time?

We're down with that!

But I had to stop and hold my breath for a sec there Soar...

UPCOMING SLANE CASTLE DVD?????

A NEW U2 ALBUM COMING OUT AT THE END OF OCTOBER?????

Do ya know something we don't??

Well it's no secret of course that October is U2's favored month (in terms of frequency) to release an album...

WOO HOO!

G

That all sounds great, but highly unlikely! :wink: Is it really the last weekend of the exibit? I'm so there!! :D

My dad and I are trekking to the exhibit on Saturday, August 9th. We are just spending the day though. It looks like Cleveland is about 4 and a half hours from us...we'll have quite a day together. :)

Originally posted by enggirl
If we can get a specific answer as to the last weekend of the exhibit...how many of you are willing to give it a go?
:wave: I'm up for it!

I mentioned this already but here goes... I just emailed the hall of fame and asked them for the specific close date. The weekend I'll be there is the first weekend in Sept and the close date wasn't that weekend so I just didn't keep the email. If you want to know just go to the hall of fames official site and email them. It took about a week but I did get a response.

The weekend I'm going is a bad weekend because Cleveland will be invaded with Star Trek fans. There's a convention that weekend and my friend is making me go to it on Sunday. Not too happy.

Schmeg...if you're going to go to the last weekend I take it you aren't going to make it the weekend I'm going :sad:

U2girl91289 said:
I'm going to be in Cleveland sometime around July 17-22. What excatly is the Pleba Convention, and what do people do at the Cleveland lll? Thanks

There may be a few Interferencers in Cleveland the weekend of July 18-20. You might want to contact Stories for Boys or Kristie if you want to join up with them. We'll go the the Rock hall and maybe the Irish Fest. That's about all I can tell ya.

:wave:

If it HAS been extended until the end of the year...what about a CLEVELAND III sometime in the fall then?
I just wonder if it'll be worth it to have another day if there's no band, etc. like II...

Lemon Meringue said:

There may be a few Interferencers in Cleveland the weekend of July 18-20. You might want to contact Stories for Boys or Kristie if you want to join up with them. We'll go the the Rock hall and maybe the Irish Fest. That's about all I can tell ya.

:wave:

Thanks! I'll do that

enggirl said:
If it HAS been extended until the end of the year...what about a CLEVELAND III sometime in the fall then?
I just wonder if it'll be worth it to have another day if there's no band, etc. like II...

I live in Cleveland and we have an awesome U2 tribute band...Zoo Station. They could possibly be playing somewhere when and if there is going to be Cleveland III...we could always go see them!

Lori :mac:

LoriHewson said:

I live in Cleveland and we have an awesome U2 tribute band...Zoo Station. They could possibly be playing somewhere when and if there is going to be Cleveland III...we could always go see them!

Lori :mac:

See? THIS is why I hang out on the blue crack--you people know EVERYthing!

Well, I suppose there's all sorts of time to discuss this. After everyone gets done with their summer vacas, maybe we can plan something...
eh?

Back
Top Bottom