VEGAS GA Instructions for 11/4, 11/5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carek1230

Blue Crack Overdose Get me off the internetz!
I just received an email with the following GA Floor instructins and guidelines from the MGM Grand Gardens:

U2
Friday-Saturday, November 4-5, 2005
Venue Guidelines

In order to provide a safe, friendly environment during the November 4-5, 2005, performances of U2 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, please adhere to the following venue guidelines implemented for festival seating (general admission, standing room only on the floor). Please note that there is a zero tolerance policy for activities or actions that endanger other guests. If you are unable to respect and adhere to the guidelines below, you will be asked to leave the performance without a refund. Thank you for helping us provide each guest with a safe, memorable concert experience.

A line for festival seating access (general admission, standing room only on the floor) will form at 4:00pm on Friday/Saturday, November 4-5, 2005, no sooner. Concertgoers loitering in the area of the Grand Garden Arena prior to 4:00pm will be asked to leave. A single line will form inside Studio Ballroom A&B, located on Studio Walk across from Diego Mexican Restaurant, at 4:00pm. Once inside Studio Ballroom A&B, your ticket will be verified, marked and a wristband for floor access issued. Moreover, the barcode on your ticket will be scanned using a computerized random number generator. A percentage of tickets scanned will result in access to the Ellipse area closest to the stage. If you are randomly selected for festival seating inside the Ellipse, you will be issued a second wristband and can be accompanied by one guest. At approximately 6:30pm, the line from Studio Ballroom A&B will enter the venue and onto the floor. All guests are required to pass through metal detectors.

The following items are prohibited in the festival seating areas:
 Alcohol, bottles or cans;
 Cigarettes and cigars (smoking is limited to the arena lobbies, only);
 Knives (this includes small pen-knives and Swiss Army style pocket-knives);
 Chains, studs or studded clothing;
 Aerosol cans and nail clippers;
 Backpacks, purses and fanny-packs;
 Banners, signs, gifts, stuffed animals, beach balls etc. (any item deemed by management as a potential projectile is prohibited);
 This is merely a partial list of prohibited items and all decisions are at the discretion of management and venue security. If you arrive to the venue with a prohibited item(s), you have the option of returning the item(s) to your room, vehicle, or deposit in a secured trash receptacle, thus forfeiting possession. Prohibited items will not be accepted, held, stored or checked by venue personnel.

The following actions and activities are prohibited inside the venue or surrounding hotel areas:
 Body surfing/swimming;
 Stage diving;
 Slam dancing;
 Moshing;
 Climbing on or around bleacher seating and railings;
 Fighting;
 Underage drinking;
 Illegal drug use.

Carek1230 said:
I just received an email with the following GA Floor instructins and guidelines from the MGM Grand Gardens:

The following actions and activities are prohibited inside the venue or surrounding hotel areas:
 Body surfing/swimming;
 Stage diving;
 Slam dancing;
 Moshing;
 Climbing on or around bleacher seating and railings;
 Fighting;
 Underage drinking;
 Illegal drug use.

F*** it - Im not going.

:laugh: awww c'mon.....

My first reaction was WTF? Don't think I have enough pockets to schlep all the stuff I wanted to have with me. I have a small backpack purse. Damn!

Carek1230 said:

I have bubbles and a wicked sweet inflatable lemon.....those weren't on "the list"!

Sorry, but bubbles could be "deemed by management as a potential projectile"!

yeah and they would also probably think they contained alcohol....which brings me to the question, we can't have drinks on the floor? WTF? So the folks in the stands can be comfy and cozy and drinking and schlepping purses and backpacks, fanny packs and whatnot but WE have to suffer? SOOOOO not fair :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom