VA/MD/DC Fans - u2 Cover Band 11/6 Sat. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2004, 11:08 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:08 AM
VA/MD/DC Fans - u2 Cover Band 11/6 Sat.

A friend of mine told me her coworker is a huge fan of u2, and her and her husband are going to see a u2 cover band this Saturday in Herndon, it's in Northern Virginia. It's about 20-25 minutes outside DC. I don't know the details, what the name of the band is, all I know is its on Saturday and I'm not even sure what time. They told me that they had been to see them before and they were pretty good. I'm gonna check it out, its about ten minutes from my appartment and I need a u2 fix right now. If anyone is interested, I'll try and get more information and post it. They are performing at a bar/club called Ned Devines.

Old 11-05-2004, 10:46 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ah yes ned devine's...unfortunately we already have plans tomorrow to head to Georgetown to go bike riding If not I would have tried to go

Old 11-05-2004, 08:53 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Ned Devines is a pretty decent bar. The band is either called 2u or Joshua Tree, it starts tommorow at 10:00 pm
Old 11-09-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 02:08 PM
I Live in Arlington, right outside of Georgetown, did this band play already? I saw them in Clearendon Grill, and they were not to bad. The name of the band is 2U. It was actually funny because I was in the restroom taking a piss and I look up and there is "Bono" looking him self over in the mirror. It was also kind of strange because he kind of did look like him, I was taken aback. He also sounded like him, they were good. I think the guitar player could have done a better edge. The drummer did not look like Larry at all. If this show hasen't happen i would like to check them out. Edge is my favorite also.
Old 11-09-2004, 02:38 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

They were pretty good, a few songs they played were way off, sometimes the guitarist had a problem locking down Edge's signature sound, but overall definetly worth checking out. The singer did a pretty good job, the bassist was solid and so was the drummer, although yes, he didnt look a bit like LMJ. One thing very good though was their performance of "Vertigo," great job, almost sounded like the real thing.