v2003

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
ok :crack: i need help w/ this whole ticket ordering thing. :crazy: i want to see coldplay on both dates. is this possible?!
Well, you'd have to travel to the other site for the following date. I suppose it's feasible, but you probably couldn't buy a pass to camp out - you'd just have to travel as late/early as possible...find the right train times and all. I"m not sure how long it would take. I'd guess maybe around 4ish hours... :question: But that's just my guess....I bet people do it...message boards (maybe older ones) might talk a bit about it. Or just find chris after the show and hitch a ride with them... ;) Or another band travelling to the next venue for the next day... :scratch:
Oh, also, you'd need to just buy day passes for each venue (chemlsford and staffordshire) I'd guess...there might be an easier way, but this seems like the only real possibility to me...

Last edited:
jkayet said:
Or just find chris after the show and hitch a ride with them... ;) Or another band travelling to the next venue for the next day...

:up: yes this is what i was thinking. i don't think he or any one in the band would mine. ;)

thanks for the info though. i guess one day of Coldplay would be enough, i do want to see all of the other bands too. i will work out the details soon enough. i appreciate you posting all of this. :)

I went to V2002 last year and loved it!!!!! I went to the Stafford location and it worked out just dandy, but then again, I have a British friend who lives quite close it it. :D

Might be going to one of the UK festivels, me and my mates tryin for Slane tix at the mo, then Witnness, and we already have our tickets to the absolute jewel in the crown of festivels INTERNATIONALLY.........

BENECASSIM!

It's a 3-day mega music fest, all the best bands play there, music goes on til like 3am each night, and it's beside a feckin mediterranean beach on the south east coast of SPAIN! What more can you ask for?!??!?

www.fiberfib.com

If you have in any bit a taste in music like me, check out the line-up from last year and I guarantee you will be druling for hours

so what do people think? chelmsford or stafford? And missvelvetdress, do you think you'll just stay in one place or try for both?

oh, fun! i bet there are some nice ones in london!! :D
hey, you could get them around where V is and not camp out if you didn't want to camp out, i guess ...if you can do transportation to and from and all...(although it seems like part of the fun :) )
Yeah, I'd imagine as long as tickets are sorted out next week or so, it's still alright..that's just my guess, but...i wonder if there's a way to figure out how quickly they are going... :scratch:

Let me know what you guys think...in terms of my thoughts, initially i thought stafford might be more fun...but chemlsford is SO MUCH easier to get to...just outside london... :slant:

Last edited:
i'll try to check some sites and see if people have any idea how quickly they are selling out...(if they can tell that). I just know it's something you don't want to wait too long on...

Ok, I've heard that the chelmsford site weekend tickets have sold out, although I think they always try to release more later...so there's still a shot. :slant: And maybe another ticket agent has more, not sure...but this is the rumor!

well, it's just for that one site, and they did say more tickets are usually released...so, if it's something you really want to do, don't give up yet!! :)

I'm not going anywhere, unfortunately, but I must comment on Benicassim. Air, Doves, Belle and Sebastian, Justine Frischmann, Paul Weller, Radiohead, Primal Scream, Saint Etienne, Suede, Super Furry Animals, Supergrass, Chemical Brothers, the Cure, Maxwell Implosion...

Send me to Spain!

Im going to V2003 too! And Im dead excited cos take a look at the bill announced so far with more bands/singers/DJs to come! Un-freaking-believable! :hyper: :faint: Should be great fun! Hope to see you all there!

(there are four stages at the festival!)

Saturday 16 August until Sunday 17 August 2003
V Stage

Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Ash
The Hives
The Cardigans
Echo and the Bunnymen

Red Hot Chili Peppers
David Gray
Queens of the Stone Age
P J Harvey
Morcheeba
The Roots
unknown day
Inspiral Carpets

2nd Stage

Feeder
Super Furry Animals
Kelly Osbourne - yes, even her! Yikes I cant stand her!

Underworld
The Coral

JJB/Puma Arena
Big Brovaz

Lemon Jelly
Moloko
Mis-Teeq
Dirty Vegas
Slovo

The Strongbow Rooms

Jim Byers
Matt Dix - confirmed

unknown stage
Sunday 17 August
The Rain Band

unknown day

Ashley Hamilton
Eisley
Just Jack
The Zutons
Turin Brakes
Un-Cut

I'm going Chelmsford for the weekend!!! I'm really looking forward to it!!!

Cant wait to see Coldplay agains....and Im looking forward to seeing chili peppers, pj harvey, feeder, foo fighters, david gray, the coral, ash, skin....WILL BE SOOOO COOL!!!!!!!! :)

hey celia!

just read at nme.com that every single ticket for both Weston Park and Chelmsford have been sold!!!!!

So should be a good bumper crowd there and Im still dead excited about it! I also have just received the Sunday tickets (for Chelmsford) for my pals and 4 more tickets to go! I am going for the whole hog with 3 pals so it'll be good fun!

As to whom I want to see, its:

Saturday

Moloko
Super Furry Animals
The Cardigans
The Hives
Ash
Foo Fighters
Coldplay

Sunday

Tim Burgess
possibly Inspiral Carpets
PJ Harvey
Queens of The Stone Age
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Omg! Saturday looks far better than Sunday! damn!

How about you, Celia?

dougal

dougal55 said:

How about you, Celia?

Hey There

OMG I'm excited about the whole Damn thing!!! I'm gonna be sooo hyper for the two days!!! lol

I'm looking forward to see the same people as you
+
Feeder
Skin
Turin Brakes
David Gray
The Coral...I cant even remember who else is there - theres soooo many good acts!

My 3 Favourites will certainly be COLDPLAY, PJ HARVEY and CHILI PEPPERS!!!! :)

Just over a MONTH to go........wahoooooooo!!!!!

Tim Burgess is a singer from The Charlatans but hes playing V festival as a solo singer.

Cheers

dougal

PS 29 days to go before it all starts!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: (celia - i heard that weekend tickets should be posted sometime next week!)

dougal55 said:

(celia - i heard that weekend tickets should be posted sometime next week!)

Still haven't got our tickets, have you? I'll have to ring up if they haven't arrived by next week!

NOT LONG TO GO.......................... :up: :hyper: :dance:

Celia!

I phoned Way Ahead last week about my tickets and they told me that this time it will be sent out this week or next week. oh god, theyd better feckiing hurry up! I cannae frickin' wait, man!

YEP, not long now!!! :hyper:

dougal

dougal55 said:
Celia!

I phoned Way Ahead last week about my tickets and they told me that this time it will be sent out this week or next week. oh god, theyd better feckiing hurry up! I cannae frickin' wait, man!

YEP, not long now!!! :hyper:

dougal

Oh good thanks!!! I'm sooo hyper!!! I cant wait now!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom