UV will be in Myrtle Beach SC this Saturday, 9p, House of Blues for those interested. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > ZOOTV > Interference Gatherings
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2006, 05:02 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 12:16 PM
UV will be in Myrtle Beach SC this Saturday, 9p, House of Blues for those interested.

Just letting any fans of U2 in Myrtle Beach, SC or the surrounding areas, that UV - America's Tribute to U2 will be at House Of Blues on Saturday, April 8th, 9:00p. We hope we see you there. Stop and say hello hello after the show. Any questions, send an e-mail to eddie_steklasa@hotmail.com.

That's Mr. The Edge 2U

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...ge/REVOLUTION/

Old 04-04-2006, 10:03 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

MB, SC is just an hour or so down the road, but I've never seen or been interested in a tribute band...why shouldn't I miss this show?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:31 AM   #3
The Fly

Well, if you've never been interested, or never seen one, thats all the reason you SHOULD come. I know before I started playing in one, I used to go and watch all the other ones I could. Thats just me though, when U2 arent out touring, and especially not in my area, i go thru some withdrawls, so the next best thing is to go and see some guys try to re-create that live U2 experience. Its really alot of fun! If only for a brief moment, we can bring you to that place that you remember from a live U2 show (assuming you've seen them live of course), then its well worth it! Plus! Isnt it more fun to sing your heart out to your favorite songs,... LIVE!

I tell you what. If you decide to come, e-mail me by Thursday no later than about 5p, with your name, and I will make sure you dont have to pay. Deal? You + 1. Cool? And make sure you come have a couple beers with us after the show. We'd love to meet you!

That's Mr. The Edge 2U
Old 04-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

NOW this thing's getting interesting... Let me talk to my running buddy (aka Mr. Blu, the hubby) & see if he's up for it. I'll let you know by 5pm tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #5
The Fly

NOW we're talking! Even if you arent able to decide by 5p (thats when I am leaving) Ill PM you with my phone number so you can call and leave a message with your names and Ill make sure you're taken care of.

I'll plan on seeing U2 there!

That's Mr. The Edge 2U
Old 04-10-2006, 10:26 AM   #6
The Fly

BluRmGrl! Thanks alot for coming! I saw the Red V on your shirt, and I had a good feeling it was you. Thanks for coming up to the stage to say Hi, and I am sorry if I couldnt talk a little longer. I had to help tear down. It was really nice seeing you and your husband at the show (even with really crappy weather driving) and I hope for your first U2 Tribute experience, UV didn't let you down. Take it easy.

That's Mr. The Edge 2U
Old 04-11-2006, 10:56 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Eddie -
Thanks again, we had a blast. Even though I've been sick since we left the show Saturday night. Matter of fact, I had planned to come straight home & post what a wonderful show you guys had put on, but all I wanted to do when we got home was crash... that's pretty much where I've been since.

Anyway, I'm back at work today, trying to make it through the day without going home early, but I wanted anyone who was keeping up with the thread to know that these guys really put everything they've got into their show & they are some amazing musicians.

Looking forward to the next time you guys are around! Kelly & I will definately come see you & you won't have to bribe us with free tix! See you around the Crack House!
Old 04-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BluRmGrl
Eddie -
Thanks again, we had a blast. Even though I've been sick since we left the show Saturday night. Matter of fact, I had planned to come straight home & post what a wonderful show you guys had put on, but all I wanted to do when we got home was crash... that's pretty much where I've been since.

Anyway, I'm back at work today, trying to make it through the day without going home early, but I wanted anyone who was keeping up with the thread to know that these guys really put everything they've got into their show & they are some amazing musicians.

Looking forward to the next time you guys are around! Kelly & I will definately come see you & you won't have to bribe us with free tix! See you around the Crack House!
Any pics of this show and/or the BluRoomies????
Old 04-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Sadly, no. I'm much more comfortable behind the camera than in front of it.... I'll know better next time, though.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #10
Babyface

Local Time: 04:16 PM
Glad the show went well. Please post some pics. Id love to see them
Old 04-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Maybe Eddie's got some he could post... I know several were taken of him throughout the show.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 AM   #12
The Fly

Here are some pics but they are not very good. They were taken by my guitar tech between tunings, etc. They came out kinda dark, but its something.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y241/mrtheedge/HOB/

Thanks again BRG for the kind words about the show. Sorry you got sick. Hopefully we will be in your area again sometime soon. Lets keep in touch!

That's Mr. The Edge 2U
Old 04-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #13
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

^ You got it!