/// UV - The U2 Tribute // in Tampa, FL - April 14 + 19

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvox

Ghost of Love
Tampa area music lovers and U2 fans:

/// UV - The U2 Tribute // will be performing two shows in your area in April, details as follows:

Satruday April 14, 2007
New Port Richie, FL (just north of Tampa)
Bourbon Street Night Club
4331 US Hwy 19
New Port Richey, Florida
(727) 843-0686

This will be UV's first return to Tampa since playing the ETS/U2 Vertigo Tour Official Fan Parties in 2005. We had a huge turnout at that event, and the Bourbon Street club is a full-on live music with awesome stage, lights and sound!

and the following Thursday in Tampa proper:

Thursday April 19, 2007
Tampa, FL
Wild Wing Cafe Tampa
9210 Anderson Road
Tampa, FL 33634
P (813) 890-WILD (9453)

This is a brand new location in the Wild Wing chain, and we're excited to be one of the first bands to be involved with Tribute Thursdays - awesome tributes to your favorite acts every Thursday night!

Hope to see you there! :)

Last edited:
No, my man. But I'm coming Thursday, God willing. I live here in Tampa.

I DO have a question, though.... I called and they didn't know what time U were going on. Can U fill me in?

This may b out of line, but if U guys play something from POP, U'll make my nite! U could even do that "Discotheque-->If You Wear That Velvet Dress" encore from PopMart.... :drool:

But WHATEVER U guys play, I'm sure U'll rock da house!

Gabe... glad U made it 2 Miami, hope U have a safe trip home.

Guys, if U have any doubt about this band and what time of show they r gonna put on, DON'T. These guys r passionate about what they do, work hard 2 provide a hell of a show, and most importantly, capture that special essence of a U2 show, which I didn't think they could pull off.

These lads were a blast 2 meet and get 2 hang out with 4 a bit, good peeps!

The show - the sound at this place sucks. I felt bad because at the start, U could barely hear Eddie's (Edge) guitar and his mic was 2 low. Then, during NYD, the jackass working the sound has the damn backing track turned all the way down, so I went over there and threatened him and showed him what was needed. Needless 2 say, by the time the bridge rolled around, problem solved. :wink: They finally got the sound right about halfway through the first set, only 2 have the jackass try 2 get them 2 "Turn it Down".... Gabe and Eddie's "That's not gonna happen" response was classic!!!!

The guys played an energetic and varied setlist that pleased both a hardcore fan like me and those more casual fans that may only have a handful of songs they recognize.

The snippets were brilliant and perfectly picked, and they even took an on-the-spot request from a scary-looking lady who claimed 2 have a Fleetwood Mack tribute band, 4 Helter Skelter..... they killed it!

Gabe is a gr8 showman, and would make our B-man proud... the rhythym section, as in real life, is probably overlooked, but SOLID. And what can U say about Eddie.... this is one talented MOFO, U better get those hands insured, amigo!!!!!

I'm already working on securing some better locations 4 U guys 2 come rock out, U deserve better than what U got, but thank U from the bottom of my little black heart 4 making my day yesterday, putting on a kick-ass show, and giving everybody there an experience they won't soon 4get. My friends that tagged along r still blown away... :lol:

Thanx Eddie 4 the pick, already used it. And confession time: I stole Ur setlist, Gabe.... but at least I told Marcus (Larry) that I was doing it! Joe is also as described on their site, 2 "cool" 4 words. We need 2 hook up again soon and tear up the town, guys. Here OR there. We'll keep in touch. I'll post pix this weekend. And Eddie... I'll b contacting U so I can email U the video of Ur Bullet Solo.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:
Holy details, batman!! :ohmy:

j/k hey thanks for the kind words Miguel it was our pleasure to meet you and get to rock out U2 with you.

And we DO appreciate that move to the soundbooth during NYD - like, wtf??! :lol:

Can't wait to be back in Tampa sure thing man if you have a venue, we're there! let's chat soon!

G

AIIIIIGHHHT. Here's da pix!

Here's the dynamic duo:

Duo.jpg

Gabriel and I:

Peace.jpg

Eddie and I:

Chill.jpg

Here we r, plotting how 2 kill the sound guy and overtake the soundboard, if necessary:

Plan.jpg

The nite was getting long...

Gone.jpg

City of Blinding Lights....

Light.jpg

Wow Miguel,

What a nice review, and thanks alot for the compliments! The most important thing is doing the music justice, and making sure any fans are having a great time, and we're glad you did! You were awesome. Thanks alot for the video clip and the pictures too! Cant wait to see ya at another show, or beforehand when youre in Miami! Also, if you need a comp ticket to the House Of Blues, Orlando in June (where youre guaranteed amazing sound btw) let us know! We'll get ya the all access pass!

Thanks a ton again, and it was very cool to meet such a cool fan/new friend! We'll definately be in touch!

Eddie

Hell yeah, Eddie! I'll b there. Gabe told me about a show U guys were having on a particular date in June, so I've already put some feelers out about trying 2 get something done 4 that Fri and/or Sat b4 the HOB show.

And regarding the review, I don't just say it 4 kicks, I meant everything I said. Growing up in a musically-inclined family and being a HUGE U2 fan, I have high xpectations, and U guys xceeded them. It was gr8 2 get 2 meet U. We'll keep n touch, Amigo. :rockon:

Just to clarify (because this thread was started to announce two separate shows) - the issues and opinions being referred to have nothing to do with the first night in the Tampa area up at Bourbon Street Club in New Port Richie.

That soundguy, Dave, was FREAKIN AWESOME. He knew EXACTLY what he was doing, and I can't wait to work with him again!! :up: :up: :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom