Unforgettable Fire - June 27 - Saloon, NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I and about 8 other guards (Officers) would have provided band security too.

I just don't understand why they're letting a u2 tributeband fly across the country, when there's a fantastic one right in their back garden.

because they're awesome!
whee.gif

Really has me wondering what search terms they used while googling. :lol:

when you google "u2 tribute band", UF is the 4th link that pops up. ZS doesn't appear til the 3rd page. i'm just sayin. i'm not trying to turn this into a "band x is better than band y". i don't see why it is horrible for a great band to play to a new audience. ZS could always fly out to the east if they wanted to. we're all one big u2 fan-family :)

because they're awesome!
when you google "u2 tribute band", UF is the 4th link that pops up. ZS doesn't appear til the 3rd page. i'm just sayin. i'm not trying to turn this into a "band x is better than band y". i don't see why it is horrible for a great band to play to a new audience. ZS could always fly out to the east if they wanted to. we're all one big u2 fan-family :)

Def agree..... if a tribute band wants to fly/bus across the country or half-way etc :)whistle: ".....it's a big ountry....." ) to seek a new audience....:huh: why not?

UF are excellent!
(even with only seeing one other U2 tribute band .... I know U2 music/ live performance well enough recorded and live to know) :)

because they're awesome!
whee.gif

:angry: Unico When you come out to SF I will take you a ZS show my treat!!!

ZS Rules!!!! My brother is working the GIG so I will ask him how they are. Also a "Journey Cover Band" was hired.

:D Thanks Justin! I don't know if I'll be in SF anytime soon, but we're on! I'd love to check them out.

:hmm: perhaps I should take the midnight train goin' AAA-NEEEE-WHERE!!!

Last edited:
i'm not trying to turn this into a "band x is better than band y".

Neither am I.

i don't see why it is horrible for a great band to play to a new audience.

Nor did I say this.

I'm sure they're great, otherwise all of you wouldn't be going to their shows.
If it hadn't been a private gig and not on a Wednesday, I would have loved to see them play.

It's nothing against UF.
I mean, if one of the biggest companies in the world is asking your band to play at one of their private events, of course you're not going to say no to that.
Wherever it is.
Heck, I'd say : if you pay for the plane ticket, I'll play for free.

Just thought it was odd (on Google's part).
'Cause if I were planning a party, I'd look for a band close to where I live.
But hey, I don't have billions of dollars. :lol:

Sorry for the thread derailment.
I'll get out now.

:reject:

because they're awesome!
whee.gif

Its never one band against the other..never We are all just big fans. Im friends with all the other tributes out there as we always talk Edge gear/guitar stuff,and share settings and stuff like that. Google has a base here in NY and they saw us last fall as well as Evolution at another party we did. and thats how it happened. It didnt have anything to do with origin of band or whatever.To be honest I went into it blind as I didnt have alot of info on the gig and what it was about. I got home last night and Im very tired. I did get to see the bridge,Alcatraz,China town,some big Sea lyons,some huge hills Im not used too :). We saw the Full House house. SF is a great city and so different than what Im used to. Im uploading some video we took from the gig on youtube today if interested. Anyways I have the utmost respect for all the tributes out there from ZS,JT,Elevation,UABRS,ect ect..Its alot of work and alot of fun

Mick

Its never one band against the other..never We are all just big fans. Im friends with all the other tributes out there as we always talk Edge gear/guitar stuff,and share settings and stuff like that. Google has a base here in NY and they saw us last fall as well as Evolution at another party we did. and thats how it happened. It didnt have anything to do with origin of band or whatever.To be honest I went into it blind as I didnt have alot of info on the gig and what it was about. I got home last night and Im very tired. I did get to see the bridge,Alcatraz,China town,some big Sea lyons,some huge hills Im not used too :). We saw the Full House house. SF is a great city and so different than what Im used to. Im uploading some video we took from the gig on youtube today if interested. Anyways I have the utmost respect for all the tributes out there from ZS,JT,Elevation,UABRS,ect ect..Its alot of work and alot of fun

Mick

Wow back so soon?? It sounds like you did a lot in those few days! I've actually never been to the west coast. I should work on that.

I also admire all the tributes. I can only imagine how much work is put into what you all do. That takes a lot of heart! You know, you should totally go to ITH this year!! :nudgenudge:

14 days party people!!!

I and about 8 other guards (Officers) would have provided band security too.

Justin24, We really needed you there. Im uploading a video on youtube right now of a surge on the stage which resulted in some injurys. My guitar got snuffed out so you cant hear it too well. someone started turning my tuning pegs as the guitar goes out of tune and i had to run..funny thing is id do it all over again..what a fun time

Mick

never to SF. I loved it. Stayed at the Hilton on Ofarrel st. We walked to Fishermans Worf through Chinatown. Had a blast. Cant believe the steep hills. Got to ride a cable car ala Rice aroni...the whole tourist thing. Checked out the sea lyons. Gig was at Stearn Grove I think it was called. Very nice place

Mick

no don't get out, you should come party with us. how about a weekend getaway? :D

:hmm:

Just might do that sometime.
In the 7 years I've been living in the US, I've never been to NYC.

Google has a base here in NY and they saw us last fall as well as Evolution at another party we did. and thats how it happened. It didnt have anything to do with origin of band or whatever.To be honest I went into it blind as I didnt have alot of info on the gig and what it was about.

Mick

Thanks for telling how it al came about.

Wow back so soon?? It sounds like you did a lot in those few days! I've actually never been to the west coast. I should work on that.

Yeah, you should, Mia!

bah its Rock and roll :) Here are a couple clips
YouTube - Unforgettable Fire U2 tribute in San Francisco "WOWY"

YouTube - Unforgettable Fire San Fiasco :)
total chaos during Myst ways to the point i started running. Guitar
cuts out,tuning pegs were turned,slide gone ect..

YouTube - Unforgettable Fire San Francisco ONE
final song of the night

Mick

Looks like everone was enjoying themselves.
What a beautiful place to play.
Smack in the middle of Golden Gate Park.
Nice lighting too.

bah its Rock and roll :) Here are a couple clips
YouTube - Unforgettable Fire U2 tribute in San Francisco "WOWY"

YouTube - Unforgettable Fire San Fiasco :)
total chaos during Myst ways to the point i started running. Guitar
cuts out,tuning pegs were turned,slide gone ect..

YouTube - Unforgettable Fire San Francisco ONE
final song of the night

ps I lost my shoes so I wore some San Francisco water shoes lol :) Felt like slippers

Mick

that was awesome. sf knows how to party! that stage is beautiful.

:hmm:

Just might do that sometime.
In the 7 years I've been living in the US, I've never been to NYC.

Yes yes you must! :yes: We could finally meet! We'll definitely have to go to a karaoke bar so you can show off your skills :wink:

And you just reminded me I need to call your clone!

You sure it was Stern Grove?
Looks like the musical concourse in Golden Gate Park.

music_concourse2.gif

oooooooh.

:love: San Frasicso even if it's been 29 years :( since I visited it. I schedualed (making it up a I went along across th ecountry) a 2 1/2 day stay.
The only thing I was :grumpy: bummed out about - was missing "The Exploritrium" one of the biggest hands-on Science museum. :nerd::D

But now the ole "Hall of Science" in the old NYC/Queens World's Fair grounds has really bumped up it's hands-on exhibits reccently! :hyper: planning summer visit!

I also admire all the tributes. I can only imagine how much work is put into what you all do. That takes a lot of heart!

:yes:
Big :heart: Heart!

Back
Top Bottom