Unforgettable Fire - June 27 - Saloon, NYC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KAT!! you coming?
whee.gif

Mary - call me whatever. I answer to pretty much anything.

Thankee, Mia!! Now, I can splurge, stay out late and party! :yay:

It's in my scheduler, and I'll meet you there, tickets in hand!

KAT!! you coming?
whee.gif

Mary - call me whatever. I answer to pretty much anything.

Mia I'm going to try. I tried to hint to the bf but he looked like he didn't like the idea. Now if it were sports related he would be all for it...but just to go see a band. :censored: I'm working on it.

Mia I'm going to try. I tried to hint to the bf but he looked like he didn't like the idea. Now if it were sports related he would be all for it...but just to go see a band. :censored: I'm working on it.

hmmm, well what if you two split up that night: he went to some sports thing and you rocked out with us? though, i bet if he catches UF just once he'll be like "OMG let's go again!" afterwards.

:help:BTW----

:der:
I can't remember in WHICH THREAD the discussion TURNED TO about some of us MEETING up on ?May 30th OUTSIDE of the Music Rising AUCTION??? :hyper:

i looked at the threads LISTINGS here & see there dosen't seem to be a seperate discussion...... :scratch:

be gentle... my mind is not up to totally efficency :)

Still going...success in meeting Edge ever-so-briefly on the 31st! I have another signed sketch! Not as much success as EdgeIsTooSexy, though!:depressed: She has had the time of her life! I am going to have to make up for it with UF on the 27th, I think, then be more bloody, blasted aggressive when the boys are going through NYC again!

Oooooo zoots.I love your lazerlites avi! :drool:
Reminds me of the first time The Who used laser lights in their shows back in 1976! :D

:laugh: Mia! Your "Vegitarian Zombies" cartoon!

I saw Edge going in for a split second about 2 -3 people back (across from the other side of the few people waiting) . Then saw Mary afterwards.

Joan Jett walked by me later but was talking to someone, so didn't reply to my hi there.

I did meet Arrone Neville.:) He was walking out of the HRcafe at that point (but returned). I recognized him, stuck my hand out and said Mr Neville I'm so glad thst Edge came up with this way to help you (as in plural for the NO musians).
I guess (i hope) that was pretty reasonable thing to say.

Still going...success in meeting Edge ever-so-briefly on the 31st! I have another signed sketch! Not as much success as EdgeIsTooSexy, though!:depressed: She has had the time of her life! I am going to have to make up for it with UF on the 27th, I think, then be more bloody, blasted aggressive when the boys are going through NYC again!

Oooooo zoots.I love your lazerlites avi! :drool:
Reminds me of the first time The Who used laser lights in their shows back in 1976! :D

:laugh: Mia! Your "Vegitarian Zombies" cartoon!

I saw Edge going in for a split second about 2 -3 people back (across from the other side of the few people waiting) . Then saw Mary afterwards.

Joan Jett walked by me later but was talking to someone, so didn't reply to my hi there.

I did meet Arrone Neville.:) He was walking out of the HRcafe at that point (but returned). I recognized him, stuck my hand out and said Mr Neville I'm so glad thst Edge came up with this way to help you (as in plural for the NO musians).
I guess (i hope) that was pretty reasonable thing to say.

i :heart: the multiquote feature! that's so cool you guys got to go to the auction. i think that's awesome you got another one of your drawings signed, mary! keep at it, and soon you'll have the whole band's signatures. dee, you met aaron neville??? that's so awesome! i've been a fan since i was a child because my parents loved his music. i forgot he was from NOLA. i :heart: NOLA musicians.

dee, you met aaron neville??? that's so awesome! i've been a fan since i was a child because my parents loved his music. i forgot he was from NOLA. i :heart: NOLA musicians.

with everything going on in my life currently I have't gotten to figuring out the multi-quote feature yet.

I was introduced to the Neville Brothers via the great NYC free-form college and commercial radio DJ Vince Scelsa! :bow: :bow: Back in the :hmm: 80's. I think Aaron was on his show a few times, too. And singing, as well!

oh yeah,and Vin :love: s NO. He's gone down to NO many times for the Jazz festival and other stuff. He's alway telling stories about being there. That's besides things I'd read & here, and friends who'd gotten there prior to Katrina is how I know some of the flavor of the place.

AND...this is a great little story....

Vin also had (RIP) Ed Bradley (one of the famous CBS 60 Minutes reportesr) on his show. Prior to that he'd talk about Mr Bradley as being a Big Neville Bros Fan: how Ed sometimes was there selling T-shirts for them, perhaps on stage at the sideline perhaps playing an instrumernt. I love it!!

:wave: Hi, every1. Both my computers crashed at home so I had to resort to the library. I'm still hoping to make it to the gig. I'm hoping my son will loan me the cash since he is working now.....how I miss those days when all the money you make was 100% disposable.

Back
Top Bottom